Putting Spaghetti back in the Holidays

Published December 19th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

treetop

I posted my husband and I’s tree topper on my Facebook account. To my surprise, a devout and particularly humorless Christian liked it. Clearly, His Noodly Appendage touches those who don’t even seek it. May we all receive a generous helping of His slow cooked grace this ChriFSMas season.

Happy Holidays,
- Tiara

147 Responses to “Putting Spaghetti back in the Holidays”

1 2 3 4
  1. Brian Fritzen says:

Though it isn’t spaghetti, my sister in law is making Lasagna this ChriFSMas. Certainly we will hoist a glass to His Noodlyness as well.

Enjoy your holidays everyone, Happy ChriFSMaHannuKwanzaakaDan!!!

• nun sequitur says:

i am attempting to commit that term u used there 2 memory & failing miserably…i admire the effort.

2. nun sequitur says:

If anyone calls this a cult, i came accross these definitions…the first 2 refer to any religion & definition turns a sinister corner @ # 3 definition

have a safe holiday time of year…

• Spammyboy says:

That link is iphone-only… This is the PC link: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cult

• nun sequitur says:

Funny that- because..we do not have an i phone. thanks, tho…

• Spammyboy says:

Might be phone in general then…

3. nun sequitur says:

& your ornament is pipecleaneriffic

4. nun sequitur says:

that would b terr(iffic)…NOT horr(iffic)

5. Tiara Huckabee says:

I recommend opting for yarn instead of pipe cleaners. I stabbed myself numerous times while constructing this image of His Noodliness. Then again, it wouldn’t be a real religion if someone wasn’t subjecting themselves to unnecessary suffering in its name. May my bloodied hands serve as a testament to his marinara-y love for us.

• nun sequitur says:

Please post a photo of the carnage, so an image is created which can b praised & u then may b deified…

• nun sequitur says:

Every time i hear of people complaining about kids today & violent video games & imagery, all i can think of are the thorns & dripping blood of all such depictions ive seen over time which number ALOT…how to teach mercy & compassion without such is a challenge, but not impossible & judging by the violence ive been subject to in my own life & what i c in the papers, pardon my vernacular but something aint working…as is.

If a new day is dawning, i hope it does not remain cloudy, out.

People die in vein all the time. some1 i never met, alvin toffler said: the illiterate of the 21st century will not b those whom cannot read & write, but those whom cannot learn, unlearn & relearn.

(that is paraphrased)

‘What if god were 1 of us…just a slob like 1 of us…just a stranger…’ joan osbourne penned some lyrics based on everything we r taught 2 think of in religious teachings but miss the meaning of.

What if we r not alone here makes sense to me as a question, because the prospect is pretty frightening…but also telling. If we recognize it as a probability or not, if we TREAT one another as if we r all trapped here on this home marble CONDITIONS should IMPROVE…it is when people believe they have the fast track to another dimension above all else that terrible things seem to follow…lets say there us that place, fine, then behave as if there is & still this would include behaving as if theres no way out…that is a lesson horror movies kind of teach, in a twisted way…people r always trapped with a horrific killer or similar, & try to outsmart him & /or run, but theres nowhere 2 go…if the chainsaw carrier had better circumstances to start with, in various aspects, most likely would b not out plucking people from the ranks. Horror movies r more real than people think, even when they r fictionalized accounts. Any1 whom has been terrorized in any way ought 2 b aware of this. Religion teaches us to live like there is a heaven, but if u do consider the opposite @ least CONTEMPLATE it, u start building the conditions u would think u had bern doing all along, but were not.

• nun sequitur says:

@#$%*#?!! spelling errors.

6. Chris "Not from Hardball" Matthews says:

It’s hilarious, but even our local Catholic Church is acknowledging Pastafarianism, albeit unknowingly. It’s free spaghetti day at Knights Of Columbus on Monday, the day after X-mas, er, First Plate Of Spaghetti day. I think I’ll wear my FSM T-Shirt.

• nun sequitur says:

progress: gluten free communion wafer is formulated & implemented ..is made available, for parishioners.

back where we started: area church hosts spaghetti dinner FULL of gluten…while gluten free alterbatives r readily available.

ive heard people complain about the cost increase of going gluten free. As it becomes more prevalent, farmers producing amaranth, quinoa, teff, can b subsidized like other grain growers, it grows more affordable. Gluten is a neurotoxin & ingesting it can lead to consequences with your health from IBS to cancer promotion & all variation of things in between…it can literally contribute to mental instability of various kinds- it acts like an opiate in our systems when it goes improperly digested…which, it does. If a drug like this were being distributed, the FDA would have put a stop to it ages ago.

Enjoy your pasta.

• nun sequitur says:

actually, that is not entirely accurate…there is a use & place for opiate medicine. There is really however no need for it in our food. People preach- in kr out of temples -to wake up consciousness…then masses upon masses of people ingest opiates effectively. Feeding it to kids & grandkids. Straining our medical system to bursting point out of neccessity. We r poisoning ourselves. People suffer & look to god for help, when if u believe in 1, then b GRATEFUL that a solution has BEEN formulated…& is readily available HERE on planet earth. The information is provided…slink over from bible section & find ‘living gluten free for dummies’ book…(another valid option for management, is recognizing celiac disease, which is not just regarding celiac, but gluten sensitivity & intolerance which is prevalent)…mainstream medicine does not always find the source of the issue & often one CANNOT b found, but this is a start…yet if some1 came out with a rerelease of the bible, it would b more popular. I do not compute…my cpu is on the fritz…

• nun sequitur says:

kr should read: ‘&’…

typos.
          I advocate for edit buttons.

7. Chris "Not from Hardball" Matthews says:

What would cheeses do? Why they would throw themselves on top of the true savior, the FSM!

8. nun sequitur says:

o. & the gluten free communion wafer still HAS gluten, so as to follow ancient texts. HELLO, evolution has debunked aspects of creation. There r teachings which have progressed, like geologists or whomever have carbon dated deposits which bear out that the earth is older than stated in texts…but u cannot make an adjustment to a foodstuff that is proven to b harmful 2 your human body, why? I had a bread maker say well ,its been this way for 100s of years. ..this made me nearly cry. Literally. Segregation went on for ages, too, that does not make it okay…to continue what is hurting us humanity wise. I am not some do gooder looking 2 rid the world of all that tastes good…i just have an interest in seeing some better examples of what we r all capable, of. I am talking about an amendment to the texts unless, of course those whom compiled it MEANT for us all to b sedated effectively…well, we have all these manimals in one place, how can we prevent them from wiping themselves off the planet, like the last one? I kno, SEDATE them…& also, leave an instruction manual.

THIS is my holiday gift 2 u …because it matters more than other swag u may or may not receive…

1 2 3 4