Spaghetti, Wenches & Metaphysics: Episode 1

Published November 9th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

Our friend Matt Tillman has finished his major design project, an introduction to the Church of the FSM. You may remember a few weeks ago when we asked if there was a sound designer willing to help. Well, you guys came through with flying colors. Enormous thanks to one of our own ordained ministers, the Reverend Dajaun Martineau, for supplying the music and sound effects.

Here’s the video, it is truly amazing:

Spaghetti, Wenches & Metaphysics: Episode 1—The FSM from Matt Tillman on Vimeo.

Amazing work. I predict a bright future Matt. I hope that both he and Dajaun are flooded with lucrative work opportunities for their good work.

70 Responses to “Spaghetti, Wenches & Metaphysics: Episode 1”

1 2 3 6
  1. Carlos Sánchez says:

Very, very, very amazing and nice.. If needed, I can support for Spanish subtitles..

2. Doug says:

Not only is it amazing. . . it is truly inspirational.

I don’t need the 30 day guarantee!

3. StJason says:

Brings a tear to me eye, it do. Already I can hear a horde of new converts.

Also: Did not know that among His amazing achievements was the rotary lawn sprinkler. Though I must confess in hindsight this is obvious. Yet another miracle of the FSM!

4. CapnGreg says:

amazing, I see a lot of great animations but this is one of the best in terms of both style and content. consider posting to newgrounds.com probobly a good place for converting the masses and they will appreciate your animating skill

5. Closet Pastafarian says:

Incredible :D (well, certainly more credible than some informative films by other religions)

Is it just me that feels reminded by this video of certain clips from the Hitch-hikers guide to the galaxy movie? Those short animated, narrated mockeries of all things serious that punctuate the film. Why, if Douglas Adams were alive today (FSM rest his soul), why, he would surely be our strongest advocate! :(

• Mariner says:

I noticed that as well. It laughed a little when I saw 42 on the chalkboard with the calculations on it.

• Closet Pastafarian says:

And the Portal references above the 42, amazing what you notice after a second viewing of something (just one reason why eyewitness testimony is not proof)

• maleberto says:

This is truly the Sign I expected for years: the link between my favourite trilogy and my favourite god.

FSM bless Douglas Adams with 42 noodly appendages!

• TiltedHorizon says:

LOL. I just noticed the Portal references after the second viewing over “42″ and GLaDOS watching over the scientists.

• Frog says:

Yup, very reminiscent of the BBC radio series of Hitchikers

6. Dave says:

“Your old god will most likely take you back.”
    LOL, now that was funny!
    Great video guys, pasta be upon you.

7. The Reverend Toni Rigatoni says:

I love it! Brilliant work guys.

The Sauce is most certainly with you!

The Reverend

8. tekhedd says:

Absolutely brilliant animation. Wish I could put this in flyers to hand out…but that high tech video paper I ordered hasn’t come yet.

1 2 3 6