Ordained FSM Ministers are everywhere and our numbers are growing every day.

Published October 30th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

I’m happy to report there are now Ordained FSM ministers in 26 countries,  and most of the US states .  Quite a few of our ministers have successfully jumped the bureaucratic hurdles to receive wedding officiant licenses in their various jurisdictions.  I’ll try and make a map showing all of our locations.

I know of perhaps 8 weddings coming up that will be presided over by a Pastafarian minister in full pirate regalia.  I could not be more pleased.

Aside from a few document requests and "is this a joke?" phone calls I received from clerk’s offices, there has been little resistance to handing licenses to perform weddings to Pastafarians.  I interpret this as approval – maybe even endorsement – from our government. FSM bless America.

Where will we go from here, and what other privileges do ordained ministers enjoy that we can get in on?  Someone told me there are special license plates available for members of the cloth.  That’s something to look into.

If you want to be ordained, here’s the link.  Price is still dirt cheap, just $20/$30 including shipping.  I think the world is better off with a huge number of FSM Ministers around.

image

193 Responses to “Ordained FSM Ministers are everywhere and our numbers are growing every day.”

1. Pasta Chef Brian says:

I just ordered my certificate. I’m here in the middle of the bible belt of North Texas. I’m hoping to do a wedding or two in the future but am wanting to find out where I can a pirate costume and some good readings for weddings. I’m not very imaginative so I’ll need some help with this. By the way, my Christian friend already wants me to preside over his renewing of the vows to his dearing wife in about 15 years.

• SillyKiwiMan says:

Good luck Brian.

May those you marry find happiness in the embrace of each other, as well as His Holy Noodliness. (Ever notice how many marriages immediately become some sort of threesome?)

Seriously though, good luck not getting shot. I’ve not been to Texas, but I’ve been warned by some who have.

• Keith says:

If you have enough time you can make your own pirate costume using patterns from sutlers who cater for 18th century reenactors, or go to a fabric shop that has party patterns.

• Captain Birdseye says:

PCB. I always imagined a Bible Belt to be a type of clothing. Guess you can’t fly the Jolly Roger in such dangerous waters. Great to see some religious harmony. Try raking through Buddhist wedding blessings until something stands out as appropriate. Aaaaarghhh…

• Apprentice Frederic says:

Cap’n Birdseye, *I* always thought that a Bible Belt was a kind of contraceptive technique popular in right-wing Christian circles: you ‘re supposed to hold the bible between your knees; and it works for all genders and preferences! R’Amen

• Keith says:

We are told that in the buy-bull belt there is only one preference. Children and relatives don’t count, apparently.

• Captain Birdseye says:

What a wonderful idea. Do you think you could invent a Mormon version? Could it include some special features, such as a couple of rocks and perhaps an STD kit?

2. Pasta Chef Brian says:

Thanks for the kind words….. but just so you know, not only the right-winger bible thumpers are allowed to have guns here…. :)

3. Hannah says:

Anyone ordained from NZ and applied for a license to perform weddings?

4. kelly olsen says:

please fellow pastafarians…I need help because of limited help on internet. looking for ordained fsm minister in phoenix az! hitting many roadblocks.

• Dan Feierabend says:

I am an ordained FSM minister in Mesa. Whassup?

5. Andrew says:

A friend is looking for an FSM minister in Northumberland, England. Any takers?

6. uk stock market forum says:

Interesting blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?
    A design like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog jump out.
    Please let me know where you got your theme. Many thanks

7. youtube.com says:

I got this web site from my pal who told me concerning this site and at the moment this time I
    am browsing this site and reading very informative content at this
    place.

8. Ex Back Club says:

Howdy this is somewhat of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have
    to manually code with HTML. I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding expertise so I wanted to get
    advice from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously
    appreciated!