Ordained FSM Ministers are everywhere and our numbers are growing every day.

Published October 30th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

I’m happy to report there are now Ordained FSM ministers in 26 countries,  and most of the US states .  Quite a few of our ministers have successfully jumped the bureaucratic hurdles to receive wedding officiant licenses in their various jurisdictions.  I’ll try and make a map showing all of our locations.

I know of perhaps 8 weddings coming up that will be presided over by a Pastafarian minister in full pirate regalia.  I could not be more pleased.

Aside from a few document requests and "is this a joke?" phone calls I received from clerk’s offices, there has been little resistance to handing licenses to perform weddings to Pastafarians.  I interpret this as approval – maybe even endorsement – from our government. FSM bless America.

Where will we go from here, and what other privileges do ordained ministers enjoy that we can get in on?  Someone told me there are special license plates available for members of the cloth.  That’s something to look into.

If you want to be ordained, here’s the link.  Price is still dirt cheap, just $20/$30 including shipping.  I think the world is better off with a huge number of FSM Ministers around.

image

198 Responses to “Ordained FSM Ministers are everywhere and our numbers are growing every day.”

1 4 5 6 7 8 11
  1. Ben says:

Texas! We’ll see how the bible belt does with my officiant status…

I was requested to perform a friend’s wedding in May, sadly they are omitting the pirate regalia as her mother might have hysterics. The rehearsal shall at least be quite satisfactory for His Noodliness.

There will be another wedding at the end of the year and Pirates will be present in all our glory.

• Forrest says:

Ben,

I’m in Dallas and newly ordained. Please post an update once you figure out what steps need to be taken with the county/state to officiate.

Thanks,

Forrest

Arg-men

2. Jen M. says:

Ahh! I am so happy to live in a world where people can take pacifistic measures to bring light-hearted perspective to others, and show that in the end, taking yourself and your personal beliefs by so seriously can really make you sad in Heart and ill in the head. Especially when no one was born with the beliefs…we were all born free of judgment. I don’t know why we don’t strive to stay that way.

<3 Long live the CoFSM and His Noodliness!

3. Robert E says:

So I received my Ordination Certificate and I was researching what forms I would need to be registered as a marriage officiant in Maryland when I found out that “Maryland – In Maryland, any adult can sign as clergy, as long as the couple who are getting married agree that he is a clergy. The celebrant doesn’t have to be a resident, register in advance, or fulfill any other requirements.”
    Here is a good break down by state: http://www.ordination4all.com/marriage_laws.htm

• krissy says:

Are you near Baltimore? Please email me if you are: krissyg8912 AT gmail DOT com

4. Sr says:

Georgia Just requires that the Certificate of marriage be returned within 30 days

5. DarkLight says:

My public declaration;

There is only one god and he is a monster.
    There is only one monster and he is god.

Rev. Jeffery

6. Eric says:

I will soon place myself among the ordained followers of His Noodlyness, however I must remain faithful to my belief that Godxilla is King of the Monsters. Since Godzilla doesn’t claim to be God of the Monsters, and as long as the FSM doesn’t proclaim to be King of the Monsters, all is well. Also, what is the correct spelling of Noodlyness?

7. T'Pal says:

Hi,
    I started planing my wedding, is there any pastafarian in California, and if yes, where exactly (I assume there should be some, especially around Silicon valley).

Thanks!

8. Nick says:

If I find a pastafarian woman – should I be so blessed – that I wish to marry, I shall heartily request a pastafarian-styled wedding, proceeded over, of course, by an Ordained FSM minister.

A curious question – Is there any Ordained FSM ministers in Australia? And, specifically, Queensland, as that is where I live. If not, maybe I will have to get a friend, or maybe even my father(a big pastafarian, and one who introduced me, though didn’t force me, into pastafarianism, and and the FSM, in all his noodly goodness) to buy a certificate to become a minister. I shall also enjoy and rejoice in being in my full pirate regalia, there is precious few moments that I can spend in the holy costume, unfortunately.

• nun s equator says:

How far are u from new zealand? Bret from flight of the conchords may b a pastafarian…it was implied during the ‘bowie’ episode where bret is directed 2 & proceeds 2 wear an eye patch. I think he removes it due 2 depth perception issues @ 1 point, tho. But u could find out…this would not make him a minister tho, by default…& seem 2 recall another episode where there is a warning against aussies & nuzealanders co mingling…so, nevermind.

1 4 5 6 7 8 11