Ordained FSM Ministers are everywhere and our numbers are growing every day.

Published October 30th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

I’m happy to report there are now Ordained FSM ministers in 26 countries,  and most of the US states .  Quite a few of our ministers have successfully jumped the bureaucratic hurdles to receive wedding officiant licenses in their various jurisdictions.  I’ll try and make a map showing all of our locations.

I know of perhaps 8 weddings coming up that will be presided over by a Pastafarian minister in full pirate regalia.  I could not be more pleased.

Aside from a few document requests and "is this a joke?" phone calls I received from clerk’s offices, there has been little resistance to handing licenses to perform weddings to Pastafarians.  I interpret this as approval – maybe even endorsement – from our government. FSM bless America.

Where will we go from here, and what other privileges do ordained ministers enjoy that we can get in on?  Someone told me there are special license plates available for members of the cloth.  That’s something to look into.

If you want to be ordained, here’s the link.  Price is still dirt cheap, just $20/$30 including shipping.  I think the world is better off with a huge number of FSM Ministers around.

image

198 Responses to “Ordained FSM Ministers are everywhere and our numbers are growing every day.”

1 3 4 5 6 7 11
  1. Norm says:

I just got my certificate the other day thanks.

2. Sheryl says:

Are there any CFSM Ministers in Maryland? I need someone to perform my wedding ceremony!!!

3. Trevor says:

Just ordered mine!!! Utah needs more! OVER RULE THE MORMONS!!!!!!! MAY HIS NOODLY SELF TOUCH ALL OF US!!!!!!

4. Rebecca says:

OMG is there someone in Vancouver who can wed me in holy matrimony with all his noodliness?

5. Klaas Klinkert says:

I received my ordnance certificate last week, so there is at least one FSM Minister in the Netherlands now. I am going to ask permission to wed couples here.

6. Philip Van Hoof says:

Hey Klaas, that’s great! I got my ordinance certificate yesterday. So we have a FSM minister in Belgium too now. Let me know how you got your permission to wed people in The Netherlands. I’m sure it’s similar in my country and I can use all the information I can get on this myself!

I for example also wonder what our local laws have to say about sham marriages vs. giving people licenses to wed other people. And I also wonder what Him’s opinion is on the matter. Surely all weddings must take place according to local laws? Another question, can somebody marry the FSM or other fictional figures or concepts? Can somebody marry a tree? An animal? Etc.

7. Grod says:

You know, perhaps some of these ordained ministers should apply for chaplaincy in the U.S. Military. Jason Torpy is having a devil of a time convincing the powers that be that there should be atheist chaplains. The time has come for his noodliness to minister to the minions in the trenches. There are pastafarians in the foxholes.

I checked around, and the requirements seem reasonable (http://ncmaf.org/chaplain.htm):

1. Ecclesiastical endorsement (certifies experience and degree requirements meet the standards of the respective ecclesiastical group)

- Check, no problem.

2. Two years religious leadership consistent with clergy in applicant’s tradition (strongly recommended)

- Check, no problem.

3. United States citizenship (No dual citizenship)

- no problems here.

4. Bachelor’s degree (120 semester hours or 180 quarter hours)

- ditto.

5. A graduate degree to include a minimum of 72 semester hours (or equivalent) from a qualifying (accredited) institution. Not less than 36 hours must be in theological/ministry and related studies, consistent with the respective religious tradition of the applicant. Endorsers are free to exceed the DoD standard per ecclesiastical requirements, but cannot go below the minimal DoD requirements, e.g. many endorsers specifically require the Master of Divinity degree

- this could be an issue, but what are “related studies” for Pastafarians? Science is high on the list, so his history. So this might not be so daunting.

6. Active Duty Chaplains:
    Army: Commissioned prior to age 40 (Age waiver availability may vary from year to year)
    Air Force and Navy: Commissioned and on active duty by age 42 (Some consideration may be made for prior service)
    Pass a military commissioning physical
    Pass a security background investigation
    Ability to work in the DoD directed religious accommodation environment.

- No big deal here.

So, the road is clear. When will our military get Pastafarian chaplains?

8. Stewart says:

The pastafarian mission has reached Sutherland in bonny Scotland ;-)

1 3 4 5 6 7 11