Ordained FSM Ministers are everywhere and our numbers are growing every day.

Published October 30th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

I’m happy to report there are now Ordained FSM ministers in 26 countries,  and most of the US states .  Quite a few of our ministers have successfully jumped the bureaucratic hurdles to receive wedding officiant licenses in their various jurisdictions.  I’ll try and make a map showing all of our locations.

I know of perhaps 8 weddings coming up that will be presided over by a Pastafarian minister in full pirate regalia.  I could not be more pleased.

Aside from a few document requests and "is this a joke?" phone calls I received from clerk’s offices, there has been little resistance to handing licenses to perform weddings to Pastafarians.  I interpret this as approval – maybe even endorsement – from our government. FSM bless America.

Where will we go from here, and what other privileges do ordained ministers enjoy that we can get in on?  Someone told me there are special license plates available for members of the cloth.  That’s something to look into.

If you want to be ordained, here’s the link.  Price is still dirt cheap, just $20/$30 including shipping.  I think the world is better off with a huge number of FSM Ministers around.

image

198 Responses to “Ordained FSM Ministers are everywhere and our numbers are growing every day.”

1 2 3 11
  1. SPQR says:

Any way to order besides using Paypal? (check or money order?) I don’t use them. Thanks!

• pastatsap says:

I’m with you. Any chance of trading a check for one, Bobby?

• bruceo says:

SPQR & pastatsap, you should just get a Paypal account. If you already have a checking account it’s super-easy to sign up for and use Paypal–it’s totally free (if you specify that you want only the basic account) and it’s completely safe and fast to use. (They have already saved my butt three times by giving me a full refund after I paid money to crooks on eBay.)

• Danny says:

Don’t want to turn this into a “paypal is evil” thread (lots on google if you’re interested), but some of us refuse to setup paypal accounts or avoid them if possible.

• bruceo says:

Danny, I’d never heard of problems w/Paypal so I did Google “paypal is evil” and read quite a few of the posts there–every one of the complaints I saw were from SELLERS. I only use it to buy stuff, and I’ve never had any problems with it. Guess I’ll stick with just using it to buy. Thanks.

• Glenn Dixon says:

PayPal not required!

Click the link above – then click on the “Don’t Have a PayPal Account”? link – you can use any credit or debit card.

Easy.

2. Olivier says:

Bobby,

Hello from Paris, France. I see that you read my request for a paper only version of the certificate for international ministers. I’m also pleased to know that I will now be able to legally marry friends. My future wife says thanks, by the way.

Now, your next mission, should you choose to accept it, is to produce wallet size ordination cards, for those occasions in life when or where you can’t carry a full sized ordination certificate.

I just ordered my certificate and I’m looking forward to hanging it when it gets here.

Cheers!

Olivier

3. Beth says:

I’m curious as to whether, as a Pastafarian minister, I am now allowed to call myself “Reverend Beth”?

• Karl says:

My signature is Rev. Karl Z, then people ask me if I’m serious. I answer with a blessing (or a secret marriage that they will never know about).

• Atsap Revol says:

Beth, of course you can call yourself Reverend Beth. You are ordained, and your ordination is as valid as that of any of the lesser religions.

Bless you my Child,
      AR

4. StJason says:

I be ordained earlier this year, wit’ the deluxe version sealed in clear acrylic. Not only does it invest me inna Church and give me Holy Powers to use against Spanish shipping, but it will stay safe should me ship hit the rocks. Best use of me doubloons I can think of! rAmen!

5. Scout says:

Good luck with this interesting new religion!!!

6. bruceo says:

Bobby, I’m hoping that soon you’ll put up a list of all the registered Pastafarian ministers.

7. Marcelo says:

Hi brothers. A proud minister in Brazil gathering more souls to our faith.

• TiltedHorizon says:

Welcome Marcelo

I love Brazil, it is number 4 on my bucket list, items 1 & 2 already done. One day, FSM willing, Carnaval will be can be crossed off.

8. Randy says:

Can I be ordained as an FLDS (Fundamentalist Latter-Day Spaghetti) minister? I hope so because I bought some speical underwear just for the occasion!

• TiltedHorizon says:

FSM loves all. If you don’t judge me when I don my pirate regalia then I will certainly respect your choice of mystic undergarments.

Ramen

• lorien says:

Is it long underwear with 3 appendices?

1 2 3 11