532062 Views

Ordained FSM Ministers are everywhere and our numbers are growing every day.

Published October 30th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

I’m happy to report there are now Ordained FSM ministers in 26 countries,  and most of the US states .  Quite a few of our ministers have successfully jumped the bureaucratic hurdles to receive wedding officiant licenses in their various jurisdictions.  I’ll try and make a map showing all of our locations.

I know of perhaps 8 weddings coming up that will be presided over by a Pastafarian minister in full pirate regalia.  I could not be more pleased.

Aside from a few document requests and "is this a joke?" phone calls I received from clerk’s offices, there has been little resistance to handing licenses to perform weddings to Pastafarians.  I interpret this as approval – maybe even endorsement – from our government. FSM bless America.

Where will we go from here, and what other privileges do ordained ministers enjoy that we can get in on?  Someone told me there are special license plates available for members of the cloth.  That’s something to look into.

If you want to be ordained, here’s the link.  Price is still dirt cheap, just $20/$30 including shipping.  I think the world is better off with a huge number of FSM Ministers around.

image

193 Responses to “Ordained FSM Ministers are everywhere and our numbers are growing every day.”

1 8 9 10
  1. Tom Kilby says:

I’ve just ordered my certificate and have been universally applauded by my coworkers and been given grudging acceptance by my darling wife. I look forward to spreading the noodly love to a new audience in little old England. We did give birth to the pirate accent and as such I feel the touch of His Noodly Appendage upon our green island to be a form of spiritual homecoming.

• Apprentice Frederic says:

Congratulations!!!! I looked up Wikipedia’s “list of pirates” and was absolutely blown away – perhaps their ghosts will congregate around your bed to add to the holiness of your ordination.

• Tom Kilby says:

The ghostly pirate congregation would be a marvellous endorsement! I’m not entirely comfortable with them round me in bed though…

• Keith says:

Just offer them a tot of rum to keep the cold out. I daresay they’ll be very amenable after that. You might even be able to take them to work with you. Congratulations by the way.

2. Zachary says:

Just got my certificate in the mail today. Hello fello Pastifarians.

3. Olegs says:

Received two certificates for me and my fellow pastafarian colleague. Already feeling the world getting better. You now have Russian and Carribean ministers. We hope one day we can provide marriage services to same sex couples that are being discriminated by other (aka “wrong”) religions.
    Ramen

4. sarah says:

Hey. Anyone had success in Canada? My fiancé’s brother got ordained and we are hoping to be able to have him officiate. We’re in Ontario.

• Rob says:

Hi Sarah,

Anyone get back to you on this? I was just ordained myself and actually have some friends who want me to marry them next year so I’m curious as well. From all I can tell in Ontario the only way this would work is if the provincial gov’t recognized Pastafarianism as an “official religious organization” but I can’t find a list of what they do / don’t consider official…..

5. Ex Back Club Reviews says:

I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own weblog and was wondering what all is needed to get set up?
    I’m assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny?
    I’m not very web savvy so I’m not 100% sure.
    Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

6. Javier says:

I order my certificate but I never receive it. It’s a signal that I’m not going to heaven and drink all the beer and be with all the strippers? Please, help me!

7. Rev. Jeffrey of Antipasto says:

Just received my certificate, looking forward to spreading His noodly wisdom in New Jersey!
    Pasta be with you all!
    R’Amen!

8. Terry Bell says:

Getting ready to apply for privileges. We’ll see if my local officials truly believe our state motto: Mountaineers are always free.

1 8 9 10