Ordained FSM Ministers are everywhere and our numbers are growing every day.

Published October 30th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

I’m happy to report there are now Ordained FSM ministers in 26 countries,  and most of the US states .  Quite a few of our ministers have successfully jumped the bureaucratic hurdles to receive wedding officiant licenses in their various jurisdictions.  I’ll try and make a map showing all of our locations.

I know of perhaps 8 weddings coming up that will be presided over by a Pastafarian minister in full pirate regalia.  I could not be more pleased.

Aside from a few document requests and "is this a joke?" phone calls I received from clerk’s offices, there has been little resistance to handing licenses to perform weddings to Pastafarians.  I interpret this as approval – maybe even endorsement – from our government. FSM bless America.

Where will we go from here, and what other privileges do ordained ministers enjoy that we can get in on?  Someone told me there are special license plates available for members of the cloth.  That’s something to look into.

If you want to be ordained, here’s the link.  Price is still dirt cheap, just $20/$30 including shipping.  I think the world is better off with a huge number of FSM Ministers around.

image

231 Responses to “Ordained FSM Ministers are everywhere and our numbers are growing every day.”

1 10 11 12
  1. Vega says:

Wondering how easy it will be to get a license in Arkansas. I looked at the state laws and it said any ordained member of a religious body but still kind of unsure.

• Rasputin says:

Dear Vega, try it and see what they say. “Any ordained minister of a religious body” would undoubtedly have to include us. If they refuse to recognise your religion, they’re a bunch of bigots.

• The Sauceror says:

Bigots in the Arkansas government? —NO! When I went to Arkansas, I saw a saw that could out-saw any saw I ever saw. If you go to Arkansas and see a saw that can out-saw the saw I saw, I’d like to see the saw you saw saw. Oh, come on– you knew somebody had to say it.

• Rasputin says:

Dear Vega, if they don’t accept your body as religious, remove your clothes and show them. How could anyone say your body isn’t religious unless they first look between your toes and check your teeth for atheism.

• The Sauceror says:

Vega, if you are a pirette, you have nothing to worry about. Enjoy the show.
          If you are a pirate, just make sure they don’t mess around too much with your noodly appendage, or else…..

• TheFewTheProudTheMarinara says:

It’s been far too long since I saw a religious body. I define that as one that makes you say “Good God, what a body!”

• JPC says:

Saw FSMs’ face in my plate of spaghetti this evening!

• Rasputin says:

Dear JPC, it’s a miracle! In Catholicism, a site where a Christian apparition occurs is sometimes regarded as possessing healing powers.
          Please tell us: Did eating your spaghetti heal your hunger?

• Keith says:

When you ate your spaghetti did you need to go to the toilet about 8 hours after? If you did that’s transubstantiation.

• The Sauceror says:

JPC, this is a sign. This is truly a miracle of epic proportions. The great FSM has cured your hunger! Let there be LIGHT! And there was light. Now, if you drank the holy sacrament (beer), and the FSM cured your thirst, that would qualify as a double miracle. In that case, we will all know that you are the chosen one. We have been waiting for the chosen one. ALL HAIL THE CHOSEN ONE!

2. JPC says:

Yes, my hunger was cured and a great feeling was bestowed upon me. I feel as though I where chosen!

• Rasputin says:

Dear JPC, IT’S A MIRACLE !!! THE FSM IS RISEN AND FEEDS US !!! AAARRRGGHHHHH!

• Rasputin says:

It’s all so wonderful, we have evidence of the FSM’s mercy.

1 10 11 12