Look at these embossed gold fsm seals

Published August 19th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

For official church business.

People have been asking for paper Certificates of Ordination for a while and I’ve said we could only do it if we got some real embossed foil seals, like the ones universities have made for their diplomas.  Rubber Duck Design understood the importance and created these for us:

gold_seal

I think they look awesome.   I have honestly felt that not having gold embossed seals put us at a disadvantage.  Now what official church things shall we undertake? Ideas?

Give me a few days to get the paper ordination certificates figured out and then we can start making them.

21 Responses to “Look at these embossed gold fsm seals”

1. Jolly Roger Jeff says:

I recently read that a Minister of the Universal Life Church has been permitted to perform weddings in Australia and set up a little congregation. It would be great if FSM could perfom weddings as well. Imagine those impressive gold seals on the equally impressive piratically themed wedding certificates. Is there a fellow noodlier out there who knows what hoops to go through to be recognised as a legimate religion and so be able to officiate at a wedding ceremony? It would be so cool doing a wedding dressed in full pirate regalia.

• Bobby Henderson says:

There have been weddings officiated by FSM ministers. I don’t know about Australia, but in the US, it’s not difficult to get a license to perform a wedding. It’s handed out at the county level and usually they’ll require just the ordination certificate and sometimes a letter of good standing from the church. Government officials are wisely reluctant to make a judgment on what is and what is not a legitimate religion. They might make a fuss but no Pastafarian has been turned away yet.

• CandyInOz says:

I’ve been looking into this as plan in the next few days to Ordained by the FSM. In Australia we need to complete either a university degree or tafe a course to have the ability to perform ceremonies. I’ve contacted a government department to get further clarifications. Will let u know how I go.

2. Stu says:

I always fancied being ordained (I’ve got a cassock in the wardrobe just in case The Men In Frocks change their minds).

Just don’t know how well an Ordination Certificate would go through Chinese Customs… probably have a bunch of big burly blokes turn up to ask me if I was recruiting the locals.

Definitely keep us informed about how things go, Bobby!

(And have a look into postage rates to China… if The Men In Frocks can have Secret Cardinals, perhaps the FSM can too?)

3. StJason says:

I am ordained (have my Official Certificate hanging on the wall right here!), and thinking of uses that these labels could be used for… why not borrow a page from some of the strange cults out there?

Officially licensed products. Videos, CDs, glass booths… all designed to chase the ‘non-piratey’ influences away?

How about buying absolution? Pay X dollars to the CotFSM, get a officially sealed absolution for believing in logic and reason.

HVAC services? Designed to enhance the ability of air conditioners to cool by providing a noodly blessing?

4. Drained and Washed Clean says:

We need a worship song. All faith’s express their devotion through some sort of music. Any budding song writers out there? Or perhaps we just take “A Pirate’s Life for Me”…?

• adam says:

I was thinking we need a really sappy devotional song about how important the FSM is in our lives, and maybe some D-grade pastafarian rock, too. Or, perhaps a D-grade regae would be more appropriate.

5. Shinoda says:

This is the only Pastafarian song I could find… Enjoy… lol

6. Stephen Bell says:

I say this would make a great worship song..

• Brian Fritzen says:

That is PERFECT! And it is from a kids’ tv show too. I remember the first time I heard it. Lazy Town is the show.

7. Scal says:

Maybe stick one on every copy of the Gospel?

Also, I’m thinking it should be put on all communications between the Church and other entities :D

8. Dude says:

Holy Sauce? Blessed by the FSM?