Look at these embossed gold fsm seals

Published August 19th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

For official church business.

People have been asking for Certificates of Ordination for a while and I’ve said we could only do it if we got some real embossed foil seals, like the ones universities have made for their diplomas.

Note — Certificates of Ordination are now available here for $25 including shipping anywhere in the world.

31 Responses to “Look at these embossed gold fsm seals”

1 2 3
  1. Jolly Roger Jeff says:

I recently read that a Minister of the Universal Life Church has been permitted to perform weddings in Australia and set up a little congregation. It would be great if FSM could perfom weddings as well. Imagine those impressive gold seals on the equally impressive piratically themed wedding certificates. Is there a fellow noodlier out there who knows what hoops to go through to be recognised as a legimate religion and so be able to officiate at a wedding ceremony? It would be so cool doing a wedding dressed in full pirate regalia.

• Bobby Henderson says:

There have been weddings officiated by FSM ministers. I don’t know about Australia, but in the US, it’s not difficult to get a license to perform a wedding. It’s handed out at the county level and usually they’ll require just the ordination certificate and sometimes a letter of good standing from the church. Government officials are wisely reluctant to make a judgment on what is and what is not a legitimate religion. They might make a fuss but no Pastafarian has been turned away yet.

• CandyInOz says:

I’ve been looking into this as plan in the next few days to Ordained by the FSM. In Australia we need to complete either a university degree or tafe a course to have the ability to perform ceremonies. I’ve contacted a government department to get further clarifications. Will let u know how I go.

2. Stu says:

I always fancied being ordained (I’ve got a cassock in the wardrobe just in case The Men In Frocks change their minds).

Just don’t know how well an Ordination Certificate would go through Chinese Customs… probably have a bunch of big burly blokes turn up to ask me if I was recruiting the locals.

Definitely keep us informed about how things go, Bobby!

(And have a look into postage rates to China… if The Men In Frocks can have Secret Cardinals, perhaps the FSM can too?)

3. StJason says:

I am ordained (have my Official Certificate hanging on the wall right here!), and thinking of uses that these labels could be used for… why not borrow a page from some of the strange cults out there?

Officially licensed products. Videos, CDs, glass booths… all designed to chase the ‘non-piratey’ influences away?

How about buying absolution? Pay X dollars to the CotFSM, get a officially sealed absolution for believing in logic and reason.

HVAC services? Designed to enhance the ability of air conditioners to cool by providing a noodly blessing?

4. Drained and Washed Clean says:

We need a worship song. All faith’s express their devotion through some sort of music. Any budding song writers out there? Or perhaps we just take “A Pirate’s Life for Me”…?

• adam says:

I was thinking we need a really sappy devotional song about how important the FSM is in our lives, and maybe some D-grade pastafarian rock, too. Or, perhaps a D-grade regae would be more appropriate.

• piratedon says:

I have written a FSM praise song based on Lee Greenwood’s “Proud to be an American(‘T)
      Will post it later as I have to go to work for “The Man” now.

• Rasputin says:

Yes please! We need hymns and psalms. Why should the devil and Jebus have all the best tunes?

5. Shinoda says:

This is the only Pastafarian song I could find… Enjoy… lol

6. Stephen Bell says:

I say this would make a great worship song..

• Brian Fritzen says:

That is PERFECT! And it is from a kids’ tv show too. I remember the first time I heard it. Lazy Town is the show.

7. Scal says:

Maybe stick one on every copy of the Gospel?

Also, I’m thinking it should be put on all communications between the Church and other entities :D

8. Dude says:

Holy Sauce? Blessed by the FSM?

1 2 3