We shouldn’t live with absolute frivolity

Published August 12th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

While life should not be taken too seriously, this doesn’t mean we should live with absolute frivolity. Yes, so-called religions attempt to mandate all sorts of opinions and behaviors about morality and social conformity. This does not mean that actual religion — the sincere attempt to understand the unknowable — is inherently stupid or necessarily bullshit.

Quantum mechanics tells us that all possibilities exist simultaneously until foreclosed by inconsistent observations. So, with regard to what we truly cannot know or observe, it’s possible that all beliefs are equally "true" and very much real. It’s an incredibly powerful thought: that we can design our own eternity simply by imagining it.

Personally, I’d want much more from my eternity than to party on a pirate ship with a bunch of beer and strippers. The ability to have that experience at any time and for any duration? Sure, that would be great. But plain old life has plenty to offer that’s much more sublime and extraordinary than simple hedonism. And it’s not even a very ambitious vision of hedonism.

World history is replete with terrible evils committed in the name of "religion." Certainly, it’s an important message that moral and social "values" should not be elevated to the level of religious beliefs. But our ability as humans to recognize the fundamental unknowable questions — where are we from, why are we here, and where are we going — creates a fundamental human need to discuss and confront these questions.

Pastafarianism does indeed celebrate the power of the individual to choose his or her own answers to these questions. Some might like the idea of choosing answers that are deliberately silly or absurd. But to do so simply to make a point about the beliefs of others is to degrade and dishonor one’s own spirit.

-Tom

936 Responses to “We shouldn’t live with absolute frivolity”

1 8 9 10 11 12 25
  1. nunya biz says:

Here I came to seriously consider becoming an FSM devotee & there r people coming in & discouraging consideration…for what reason I wonder? U say sure, religion imposes guidelines on morality, as if in its entirety it is disposable, which it may entirely not be…but specific portions pose serious issues to adherents, both mentally & physically…for example: attempting to abolish sex education in schools…telling adherents of any religion to NOT attempt to prevent STDs or employ related birth control measures…as some1 whom was raped by condom wearing individual @ a young age (he older), am grateful some1 @ least bothered to educate the individual on its proper usage in that case…creating an environment where not only thinking about touching some1 else (consentingly & within ethical boundaries) outside of marriage is made akin to a crime (i am told & may be mistaken but heard that some politician once promoted that self touch was actually a viable alternative 2 ‘unsafe’ sex with another person & apparently outraged religious persons accross the country responded that even this was inappropriate)…creates environments where victims more often than not tend to BLAME THEMSELVES & then, hesitate to report things which DEMONSTRATES the roots of how religion can truly contribute to messing with a persons moral compass in serious ways- why should some1 learn to doubt themselves in such ways, when it can spill over into other areas & pretty soon u may hesitate to report serious violations out of the sort of shame & embarrassment this encourages – I cannot for the life of me otherwise envision how a witness to a child being raped could want or even think of, keeping it quiet…that happened @ the University nearby where we live recently; one reason this continues & happens everywhere- not specifically just this & not just here- is that religion which our society is drenched in beyond excessively (I was shocked to learn other countries hold political elections & voters do not tend 2 care if a candidate is for example, atheist), provides a framework & don’t say it does not…churches are not only buildings on this or that corner where people attend, it spills over…my point being, when a place like a church HIDES INSTANCES OF SEXUAL ABUSE, not just regionally but as an institution, it impacts churchgoers, whom impact people outside the church…IS THIS the sort of amoral imposition u r referring, to? When said rules address an individuals reproductive capacity as if it is any of any1 elses damned business is bordering on ABUSE. Conduct can be adressed without religious standards, it just presents a challenge even more of one when overcoming inapplicable standards (restraint can be emphasized without beating some1 over the head with the concept of sin for example)… If u r @ all concerned about humanity & interested in the topic, which this falls under umbrella of morality that you did raise IN relation to religion; instead of terming FSM concept entirely frivolous, which u imply very strongly, why dont u set the example by doing something as NON frivolous as…maybe open a health center… can open a full range clinic where people have their individual rights respected & preferably, if it offers a complete list of available services, there would b some sort of barricade ideally to keep away outside parties patrolling to deliver messages about patients private health care decisions, such as in the area of reproductive services specifically comes to mind. Ive seen clinics where frivolous protestors preaching religious messages of love hold signs of aborted fetuses in front of car windows blocking the view of drivers & traumatizing passengers & patients alike & face no repercussions because they r GOOD people…& any1 bringing a patient there CLEARLY NEEDS this type of salvation; so violations of privacy & this extreme level of intrusion is TOLERATED in our society- I once asked how it is NO police patrolled the area womens health clinic during so called peaceful protest, after which an employee there was struck by a car driven by protestor…& was told well, probably because the police in that township go to the SAME CHURCH…@ a later point the clinic was CLOSED. When my spouse responded to an irate off duty police officer by flipping him off quietly, silently, from the privacy of the inside of a car, the officer peeled out in his car, turned around & nearly fell over himself to shove his badge into my husbands face, yelling loudly about how the gesture, but not his own response, corrupts his daughter, in his own vehicle. The store lot it happened in refused to answer if it had footage on tape. It is ABUSE OF AUTHORITY & permitting things based on only a subset of morals. Oh, frivolity…

• nunya biz says:

P.S.
      Im TRULY sorry but brevity is not my forte…

& I am sorry 2 ask this, but has any1 ever considered that Jesus was tortured to near very near death, as in unconsciousness or even a coma, & recovered @ a later point making it SEEM to those not initiated in modern non miracle medicine that he had been resurrected from the dead? NDEs are known to happen all the time, where persons CLINICALLY DEAD come through to tell about it & it does not mean they had not died, nor does it neccessarily explain everything, but…in referrence, this is, to your metaphysical remark. I have recently learned @ least topically (not pretending to understand it in depth) of stuff like tachyons which things in this relative realm could end up ultimately explaining things like psychic experiences from a scientifically valid standpoint…so, ‘god’ delivering messages like commandments, couldve been a really clever, well intentioned & smart rebbi from up the road…or a time traveler. . .both as plausible as any other theory or agreed, even the flying sphagetti monster.
      aside, not 2 belabor point, but people were reportedly buried, ALIVE lots of times, in so called ancient days? Jesus couldve snuck off while people were busy mourning him…and layed really low thereafter. Would u blame him?Couldve ran off then fell dead from his injuries, in the desert , up a ways out of sight…& got carried off by hungry buzzards. How is this frivolous to consider the probabilities when the same inexplicable accounts are spoon fed for centuries & people r still seeking answers- not me because I do not care what happened aside from that some serious human rights abuses NOT limited to that one death were commonplace & essentially STILL are happening… but anyway…not being frivolous, just am not convinced fsm is though…either. I really am not sure what I think. Maybe u can categorize THAT, for me? As, u may b a whole lot better @ it…I do not care what happens to someone elses concept of what my soul is or isnt, after my bodily death & THAT is no more any1 elses biz than anything related to my LIVING soul. Whom decided it is valid to try to scare the shaving cream out of people so that their soul floats better post mortem, I doubt any rational entity would care unless EATS souls & is up there, hungry & waiting…maybe the untainted ones are tastier. And here every1 is, running around thinking it is so much more than that. . .I am not condoning immoral, unethical, unsafe or unwise behaviors, just pointing out that alot of really good people die horribly abused by acts and concepts driven into them as being the only valid means of existence…if u dont believe me, ask urself why a group like Exit International has to be formed in the FIRST PLACE; to HAVE the NEED to educate about PEACEFUL exiting suggests WHAT do u suppose? That MANY MANY persons have suffered NEEDLESSLY ON THIS PHYSICAL PLANE of existence, grappling with the ‘guilt’ of what their suicide ‘means’ about them & told CRAP about how HOLY their suffering is, how it is a gift, or some crap about how its because they have not ascended to a higher plane of belief where unbearable pain becomes tolerable. BS. I have chronic pain, I live with it & have had people track me down to suggest faith healing…& inform me that it ONLY WORKS however if I BELIEVE IT WILL…but, if I DONT convert my beliefs, well… REALLY? So what are these beliefs based on, PETER PAN? I am deeply discouraged, NOT frivolous. If u tell me not 2 take comfort @ some1s attempt to inject sarcastic or ironic analogies to help explain to people the basis of indoctrination, I will tell u 2 mind ur own business unless u r going 2 personally, successfully perform the surgical procedure for me, that the doctor canceled & also make sure they stop lying in my records, 2 obscure errors & have finger pointed @ me instead…otherwise I implore u 2 allow me a few minutes to contemplate this discovery, for better or worse, without trying 2 pass judgement…judgement goes hand in hand with morality, doesnt it? Do u have some upper hand on morality u care 2 share? Calling this frivolous as if 2 equate ur post as more relevant & this entire concept is poop in ur estimation, that is what I have learned from ur propositioning. I personally was not even laughing @ this, & just attempting to understand how it came about, , ,& appreciate it for what it is. Ive been told I have become a LIABILITY by a caregiver- I have been ignored by Ins Co & baited into discussions, then have every response taken INTENTIONALLY OUT OF CONTEXT…oh hahaha how AMUSING, this site is for u… as u find everything so beneath u & are so wise, I hope u will start ur own site soon so people can go there to mock, IT. I wouldn’t, because it is not nice, but would like 2 point out it seems u r mocking, this entire concept. Correct me if am mistaken,,,but, does practicing as a lutheran, (or pick a religion), MOCK the FSM? NO. It doesn’t.
      I had some1 suggest I NOT report to authorities a case of sexual abuse they told me about because this was categorized as a SIN & supposedly being adressed by an area CHURCH. Guess what, I called THAT in on my own. It was SAME community as the PSU scandal, a few yrs prior. DONT tell me all churches are all good & I wont tell u they r all bad or frivolous. I havent even joined the FSM. SORRY if i offended u, just tired in pain & fed up- ever been depressed? This site beats th f-g news around here…

• nunya biz says:

& oh, religious backd politicians with the power of the almighty like john ashcroft have i m told, campaigned to overturn EXISTING death with dignity/ assisted suicide laws even though not a single abuse of the law was reported where it was, legal…i m not making this up…oprah winfreys magazine covered the topic. some1 campaigning to overturn a law like that, have 2 wonder WHY & i do NOT declare myself to b of superior intellect or have the moral fiber equivalent of a clearly outstanding citizen like THAT, but i thought id ad that…

2. nunya biz says:

& the degrading ones own SOUL remark- i did THAT when I responded to your posting…I can think of LOTS of things could degrade the soul beyond exploring an idea like this! HOW INDULGENT of me 2 want 2 laugh instead of crying in a sucking depression…thanks for returning me to my proper place…I see ur point, in part, but I am kicking self for that still… Responding, to u, so that u can b entertained so frivolously…how beneath u it is to even have come here. IF it was for a VALID REASON i could understand. I once went 2 a spot for pain support & found instead constant religious referrences…a misrepresentation. I take some small comfort away from knowing this site delivered what it advertised, no more no less. THAT is a human kindness & I am grateful, even if it is for a fleeting moment. I have had so MANY crappy ones that I will accept this very small window. THANK u fsm. IF I DO OR ULTIMATELY EVEN IF I DO NOT DECIDE TO JOIN UR RANKS, I ADMIRE U EXISTING & THE EFFORT IT TAKES 2 TO ORGANIZE & MAINTAIN THIS SITE.

3. Mountain Darwin says:

Hey, you guys thought I was gone? Fuck you all you douchebags!!! FUCK YOU!!! There is a god, and he will send you all to hell. But he is all loving, so any who belive will be eternally blessed, even if we don’t deserve it. That’s the beuty of god.

• TiltedHorizon says:

Is it me or is there relationship between literacy, specifically the lack thereof, and religiosity? To be fair, I acknowledge reading posts by non-theists which were as bad or worse but those seem far & few between when compared with the fundies who come here.

• stylusmobilus says:

No it is not you, Tilted. As you would have observed recently, Ferenst Anrtoplogist and his mate Specile Sicentis converted briefly to Xtnty, and for that brief time found that their literacy skills diminished by a fair margin. I can only take that as proof that religion somewhat stunts a persons’ grammatical ability. I accept it as proof because as we all know, Specile Sicentises and Ferenst Anrtoplogists are, despite being educated in different fields, true scientists in every meaning of the word.

• Atsap Revol says:

Thank you, Mountain Darwin, for your sweet Christian thoughts. Your affirmation about the loving nature of God is heart-warming. It’s reasuring to know that God will send us all to hell. And you are correct, that is the beuty [sic] of God. Punctuating your sermon with FUCK YOU followed by three (count them) exclamation points certainly emphasizes the depth of you brotherly love.

May you be internally blessed by a noodly appendage of our Holy FSM.

AR

• copperblade says:

Maybe there’s a relationship between literacy and the motivation to bother submitting a post…

• Atsap Revol says:

For our friends the fundamentalists, the relationship appears to be inverse.

Atsap Revol

4. ufo says:

Illiteracy and/or poor reading comprehension skills certainly seem to be correlated with extreme religiosity. Anyone with either half of a his brain in a fully functional state who read the bible with comprehension would be appalled at “Christian Morality” and see that the phrase is clearly an oxymoron. (One of the hallmarks of a moron is not knowing what “oxymoron” means. :) )

• Bob says:

You’re an oxymoron.

• Vaslor says:

I laughed quite a bit there.

• Wayne says:

This was proven beyond doubt recently by Ferenst Anrtoplogist and his good friend Specile Sicentis, who converted to Xtnty recently and suddenly found they couldn’t spell. When they woke up to themselves and rejected the false religion, their spelling improved dramatically. It is incontrovertible proof that Xtnty does, indeed, stunt your grammatical ability.

• Ferenst Anrtoplogist says:

Wayne, you are quite right about the deleterious effect of Christianity on spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Thank you for making this piont.

FA

• nun sequitur says:

Include learning disabilities in with ur consideration…please. any thorough observer would, 2 b fair…poor grammar, not a sign of intellect lack. Maybe people turn 2 religion 4 comfort after being mocked over things they cannot ammend…just a thought.

• stylusmobilus says:

Oh for crying out loud non sequitur it is a simple case of ‘taking the piss’. It sounds to me as if you are leading a pretty hard life. If I was in that position the first thing I would be doing is taking the piss and enjoying my dwindling time as much as I can. That is what my father and aunty did when they were fading through old age and cancer, and it served them well. Might do you the world of good to take a leaf out of that book.

• nun sequitur says:

Stylusmobilus,
          1st, i m not of old age, altho i press u 2 define what that is, considering age is old when ur time is up…2nd, if u get a PROPER dx, not everything that seems fatal neccessarily IS; we not long ago had a close family member die a HORRIBLE death from cancer, i was a hospice volunteer & know things need NOT neccessarily B that bad, but without proper naming of what is wrong there is no intermediating…u miss th point. & NO clue what the term taking the piss means, but if it is something horribly insensitive am not interested. If it has to do with exiting gracefully, am working on that, it involves a proper device thats failsafe nearly & barring that have not much alternative.

• nun sequitur says:

RE stylusmob:

that is 2 say i feel worn out, but statistically, well under half of ‘average’ lifespan, modern standards included.

• nun sequitur says:

&for f’s sake, u cannot merely say how well so and so does with suffering because people suffer silently in want of intervention all the freaking time, for fear of seeming ______(take pick) & nothing ever changes without heartless comments being called 4 what they r…anyway, where do u live with this take the piss comment, never heard it in these here parts?

• stylusmobilus says:

I’m an Australian, nun. Taking the piss means being satirical.

My father was of old age. But thanks for reminding me you aren’t.

What I think you need to keep foremost in your mind while posting here is that this whole website is about ‘taking the piss’. You cannot afford to be sensitive to others’ comments here. That means you need to be a bit thickskinned. Nobody here will go out of their way to offend, but neither will they take any special consideration to others’ sensitivity.

I don’t miss too many points here, and most things I take seriously I keep away from FSMism, because for me it is not about ‘being in harmony with other faiths’ or ‘showing a desire for a better world’ or any of the like. For me it is about enjoying my atheism with like minded people who want only one thing from life- to be as happy and content with it as possible. Part of that is viewing life through a Pythonesque lens, and that is a big part of what Pastafarianism is about.

Understand however, that like many others here I am not going to stop and consider others’ sensitivities. I won’t go out of my way to be outwardly cruel but if I see anything that I believe is depressive, ridiculous, unproven, incoherent babble or just plain stupid it is fair game and I won’t stop for a minute to consider sensitivity.

• Specile Sicentis says:

Ferenst

My friend, it is great to see you again. Truly, you are a beacon in the humman world. Tomarrow will always be a brighter day for your fine work in Anrtoplogy, and helping reveal the profound effect that religious conversion can have on literacy skills. My work in measuring the diameter of His Balls was something to be proud of but when compared to your studies here I feel that I have waisted my time. Still, we are only humman, and that is be side the fucking piont. We have proven that those who wish to convert all are just Sons of Biches for the destruction they have caused to the English language. We shall rise to the occasion again, making the fucking pionts clear that religion is destructive to vocabulary and the FSM’s Balls are way, way bigger than Jhvs’ or YHWH’s. As they say, tomarrow is a new day!

Yours in Anrtoplogy, Specile Sicents and all forms of sicents,
          Specile Sicentis
          A.D Specile Sicents (Surv)

• nun sequitur says:

Stylusmobilus,
          we had a pet same family as the kangaroo…he was ‘rescued’ from a family listing in our local paper..if we had it 2 do again, would have gotten him to a rescue or ticket 2 where u r, or new z…he would have been better off. i m against people importing ‘exotics’ unless they have a degree in either veterinary or zoology…

By pythonesque, u must mean killer bunny? It was clearly a stuffed animal & ketchup.

FINE, don’t go out of your way to b kind, i m used 2 it. I am going 2 overstate that age is not a qualifier 4 suffering..if i knew surviving injuries would b this painful, i would have stayed home or hospitalized & avoided it all, or figured out better how 2 off myself.

Dont tell me monty p doesnt cover this shite, we have an episode around here they discuss organ donation…
          mine will b soup @ this rate, good thing i went 2 the trouble 2 list on my license as a donor…

Say hi 2 j.birmingham for us. ..his book adaptation into movie form had a good soundtrack.

SORRY i rained on ur good time. Since u do not give a ‘piss’ i will go now & look up term ‘satire’.

• nun sequitur says:

i never proposed 2 b smart, 2 begin with.

U needn’t use satire…just let my comments stand as is & allow me 2 mock own existence. If there is a god, i m fairly certain it is what he’s been doing all along.

• nun sequitur says:

Now 2 go locate the disc set (monty)…i think it is beneath the lung fragment i coughed up earlier 2day..

• nun sequitur says:

in our defense on that adoption, we did research & discoverd the family we had paid to adopt that pet from had been placed entirely on the wrong regimen of food & supplements, adjusted his environment to account for needs, tried best to properly address his & he outlived his expected life span, otherwise in the wild & by some standards in captivity, as well, but all told would have been better off having not been exported/ imported to begin with…it was evidently a popular thing in the 90s until crackdowns & that, needed. that reminds me, about donating to the reecue we r aware of…for these creatures. I will bet nobody from australia or new zealand comes over 2 usa & smuggles wildlife out of the country. it is so bizarre. Anyway- we should have smuggled our pet BACK overseas, somehow, even if he was born in captivity. I think some people STILL have some as pets…here in USA. That is the saddest part.

the point is…pointless here, because u r talking about ur atheism & now i m mentioning an animal native to your land…nevermind. r u a native of australia?

5. awesomnesssss says:

Wow, what anger! I just came on here to learn more about the Flying spaghetti monster. Good God, this thing wasnt kidding when it said ‘hate mail’! Personally, I believe that you can believe whatever you want to belive but it’s not cool to go around brainwashing people. I’m a completely neutral person who belives in both the Holy Trinity and science, but I am completely open to all religions and views. It’s great if you are an athiest or a Jew or a Christian. Yet I do not believe that you should go about thrusting your beliefs upon others. I HATE those guys who come to the door and talk about Jesus and their form of religion. I just want to shake them! ITS OKAY THAT I DON’T WORSHIP WHAT YOU WORSHIP! I don’t come to their door requesting that they give up their views. So guys, just ACCEPT! Isn’t that what pastafarianism is about, to believe what you want to believe? These comments honestly disgust me as it shows a complete lack of tolerance for each other as human beings. This is the sort talk that lead to concentration camps and the civil war; simple narrow-mindedness.

• Danny says:

Congratulations, you’re practically a Pastafarian (you don’t have to literally believe our scripture, or even believe in the FSM to be a member)
      May you be touched by His Noodly Appendage.
      RAmen.

• nunya biz says:

So it is narrow minded to wish for pain relief instead of being told to PRAY for relief, in an environ which considers perceived ‘sinners’ in need of repentance….& any objection is handled in a manner which does not neccessarily conserve the rights of the person making the point, that this while being well intentioned- being told to pray- oversteps to a point in that i was not going to a church for advice, but a medical place for help. I got discharged after pointing out that a practitioner in the same place asked me what I expected from killing myself beyond that I already said, relief from the physical pain, an end to perception of it with, the end, of my physically living…& was told, very pointedly- when I was asked a hypothetical question i did not understand- & thought was rhetorical, was pushed to answer…& didnt know what to say, so i said nothing, i expect to die. If our perceptions shape our outcome, that would be my end. Killing another living being is not something I would do, but my own life, is my own. Life. I have had my morals called into question because I took for example, a woman whom later confided to me having christian ideals…to a clinic providing a full range of services including abortion, because, she asked me to bring her, there…i did not condemn her for her decision, but have come to the realization through her initiating communications with me on the subject further, that she is NOW AGAINST what she decided & holds me to what amts to her standards, i m resented

• nunya biz says:

A girl called me from that very hosp & told me her boyfriend – some1 whom later, called me a’ f-g prozac taking f-g bitch’- had, with her permission, thrown her down the stairs, punched her in stomach, etc whereafter she hemhorrhaged & lost the pregnancy …i didnt know she had,,,intentionally, she said, , ,since it is a catholic hosp & i do not know her background, i do not know if she confided to them what she had to me and if this would be admitted, now- i brought her a change in clothing for her blood soaked clothing, @ the hospital as she asked…both girls came to me, I think because I do not judge them & however, it scared me that he did this, to her & made me wonder how many others have died, etc…& asked y she did not go to a clinic @ least…for counseling & SAFE options, she said they couldnt afford it. . .& that was it. I did not report him to police. I do not know if she told the hospital she was pregnant. I do not know how far along she was. I do have the impression I will be denied ..because they both belong to same social circle I am not part of…& the girl thatd asked me to take her to clinic went into human svcs field & have had reason 2 believe, she has had access to my records…after i privately told my therapist i wish i had said more, to let the girl know i would support her in efforts to keep pregnancy,,,that maybe i just assumed she would know this..it was a week later she approached me in public, husband called my full name out loud, , ,they r missionaries i m told,,,,& love me, & it was her decision, she had had her mind made up…etc while her husband sarcastically made abortion jokes, saying kill it, kill it, just kill it…& then she started laughing about his sense of humor,,,if i made the same ‘joke’ it would not b, funny…& have people colluding against me…

• nunya biz says:

To INTENTIONALLY OBSCURE what i say… if u refer to narrowmindedness leading to death, then u understand how it leads to terrorism @ the clinics whom provide services…threats & violence implied & express & carried out executions of doctors to ‘save’ the babies…which ends up denying in the end, services which prevent things like deaths of women…
          & the catholic churches stance against condom usage & guilt imparted over sexual orientation & premarital sex encourages the secrecy associated with unintended results & encourages the spread of diseases which are serious threats to persons lives, like aids- which has lacked progress in studies to attempt to eliminate the threat of it & halt progress of & enhance the lives of persons whom have no choice but to live with it. It is like encouraging unsafe sex, it amts to, so that a person is punished for their ‘sin’ if they do not follow the ‘rules’ & abstain…& this is seen as warranted. It is a covert assault on persons humanity & individual rights.
          To convolute what I said is a tactic to supress what I am saying & is not nice. I do not appreciate being lied about, further. Eternal suffering is available on earth. I do not need to die to find that out. I also disagree that holocaust victims r all in hell for rejecting jesus in their hearts…that the holocaust was considered the final solution to the problem of the jews is telling. If u r taking what i said about the civil war & holocaust out of context to try to demean me, that is very disrespectful.

• nun sequitur says:

I would not agree its pointless to brainwash people…it probably depends most whom u ask- the persons doing the brainwashing probably find it effective & neccessary …& more important 2 emphasize what the motivations & intended outcome r…media brainwashes society routinely by some standards…media being a blanket term applied to smaller subsets. Media can b a positive force by delivering important messages. Media = images, print, moving imagery, electronic blips…music..

6. Mountain Darwin says:

You people still don’t understand, do you? You’re going to hell unless ypou repent for your sins. But this website is definnitly not “repenting”. It’s just digging a deeper hell hole, literally. You guys are royally fucked, and you don’t even fully understand what that means. There is a god and he will punish you all for your hirrible sins.

• puppygoogoo says:

Mountain Darwin,

Let me breakdown your post for you (yes i will ignore the bad spelling).
      1. You people still don’t understand, do you? You’re going to hell unless ypou repent for your sins.
      I dont believe in god, therefore no devil and as a direct result, no hell.

2. But this website is definnitly not “repenting”.
      We dont need to repent for sins that are not laws! Now dont bring in my gods laws are the true laws crap, because the laws of man are the only ones we need to follow. If i was a god then i might follow gods laws.

3.It’s just digging a deeper hell hole, literally.
      How does a website perform a physical act (digging?)

4. You guys are royally fucked, and you don’t even fully understand what that means.
      My guess is royally fucked means having coitus with a member of a royal family? If this is the case then i am not royally fucked, but am willing to try it……

5. There is a god and he will punish you all for your hirrible sins.
      Im guessing hirrible means horrible? In which case no god equals no sins.

If you can see the sarcasm in my responses it is because you are being the bad person in this not us. Dont like us, dont come here. Also i am now never going to forgive you which means you cant make amends and are therefore going to hell with us. See you there.

Good to be back….
      Puppygoogoo

• Omnipotent Zombie says:

Welcome back, puppugoogoo. now, as for MD..

Fine, I will bite and pretend for a second that your diety is in fact real.

1. I presume we are hellbound because we don’t believe in your preference of deity? We were created as very imperfect beings, in an imperfect world, and find it hard to believe in a god whose “proof” of existence is a thousands year old collection of scrolls that have been gutted, mistranslated, and edited so many times by so many different people? Not too mention that this “divine book” is filled with contradictions and in some cases, flat out wrong information.

2. You go into some hyperbole regarding hell, But that is the least of the problems in you post.

3. On a scale of horribleness, where does disbelief rank? Is it less than, equal to, or greater in horribleness compared to lying, stealing, cannibalism, rape and murder? If disbelief is that bad, than I will quit school, quit working, quit my personal reponsibilities and start drinking and partying more. (lets not forget stealing; how else will i support my drinking and partying?)

4. Who will punish your god, for all the times that he fails to follow his own commandments? If he is sa just as he claims, than he should be reserving a spot in hell for himself, along with the rest of us.

Yes, there is sarcasm, but they are some valid points. Attempt to answer them, if you dare.

• Omnipotent Zombie says:

oh wow, I snuck in some bad spelling there. my apologies

• TiltedHorizon says:

A sin is nothing more that a religious construct, a tool of ideology factories, to extort control over their trusting congregations. If you believe in the wrong version of Christianity; Sin. If you believe in the wrong god; Sin. No god; Sin. Even if you do everything ‘right’ by leading a virtuous life, there is still the unresolved matter of ‘original’ sin. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t, at least I made a choice. Which is more than you can say MD, as you likely follow the faith you were born into without ever considering the possibility it may be wrong.

• nun sequitur says:

you people r royally f- d…don’t even know what this means’

f.u.c.k.(ed)
      for unlawful carnal knowledge (past tense)

royally
      pertaining to royalty…of or relating 2 a monarch (not butterfly)

MORE soul judging…that is the tru meaning behind you accusations. As i directed another poster, when u point ur finger @ others in this manner, there r three pointing back @ u, ,,presuming u have them all still attached…so unless u want 2 b royally screwed, i would not go there…

7. Praise and Glory to the FSM, Now Pass the BEER Mate! says:

Christians have such funny beliefs. Did you know that the “Virgin” Mary wasn’t a virgin in the older versions of the Bible? It was a BIG translation error. So fuckin’ funny. The bible is so inconsistant because of it’s authorship, 3 languages, hundreds of years between books, often contradicting each other, 19 left-out books, that are referenced by the remaining books, edited over thousands of years, written NOWHERE NEAR when it says it was (the oldest,incomplete edition we have was from 175-475 BCE) and often just downright forgery (the penatuch, the first five books, were taken from several unrelated oral sources). People take this shit over SCIENCE??????? I want some of what they be smokin’!

8. Anne says:

“Unfortunately a polished turd is still $#!+” was the funniest line I’ve ever read. I’m still laughing.

1 8 9 10 11 12 25