Certificate of Ordination update

Published August 30th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

If you ordered a certificate in the last week it’s in one of these mailers that were sent out yesterday:

image

The response was more than I anticipated and the majority of newly minted Pastafarian ministers live outside of the US which I did not expect.

There are at least 5 weddings planned in which a Pastafarian minister will officiate.  I’ve gotten quite a few emails saying you are not allowed to do this.  But like I’ve said, we maintain that our religion is as legitimate as any other.   By all measures, our religion is more intellectually honest than any faith-based religion.   If, when an ordained Pastafarian minister applies for a license to perform wedding in his or her region, the bureaucrat who processes those applications can reject it, if they wish.  To date I’m not aware of that happening, but I realize there is some hoop-jumping required in certain areas.   I am happy to write Letters of Good Standing or any other official documents that they may require.

certificate_sm

To answer a question: I will make these as long as people want them and I am in the country.  I move around a lot so if you would like one I’d recommend ordering it now.

Ordination Certificate order page

67 Responses to “Certificate of Ordination update”

1 3 4 5
  1. Hilary says:

Greetings fellow Pastafarians!
    Has anyone obtained a license to become a marriage officiant in New York City? I have my Certificate of Ordination & my letter of good standing but NYC says I also need:

~You must attach a letter from your local congregation that verifies that you are the pastor or associate pastor of the congregation and that your congregation consents to your registration with the Office of the City Clerk
    ~You must attach one of the following documents:
    A copy of the church’s Articles of Incorporation; or
    A statement that lists the location of the church, the reason for the church’s founding, the number of trustees of the church, the approximate size of the congregation, and how often the congregation meets

Does anyone have any experience with this or any suggestions for me?
    Thanks!

• Keith says:

Reason for the Church’s founding? Perhaps you should direct them to the “About” page. I wonder if they ask the same questions of people who claim to represent christian, moslem, or any other of the “established” religions?

• St. Arrrrgyle says:

They’re all “established” – religious creativity knows no bounds. You can always get SOMEBODY to believe you.

• Rev.Stu says:

“You” might be able to but I have certainly met some unbelievable folks in my travels.

2. オメガ 2201.50 says:

シーマスター オメガ オメガ 2201.50 http://www.06xp.comomegaオメガ-3qmipkh-2.html/

3. Scott Brooks says:

How do I get my letter of good standing?

4. Gustavo says:

Does anyone know how to get a letter of good standing? I need one in order to officiate a wedding. Thanks!

5. Samthemighty says:

I am one who believes that pamersan cheese was invented by the saint Palmer sean. The cheese was originally named after him, but when asked what the name of the cheese was, he had a mouth full of pasta, so it came out pamersan. I praise his noodliness for this revalation.

• Captain Birdseye says:

He might also be Japanese; Palmer San? Aaaaarghhhhh….

6. kieran says:

how do you get the certificate

• Captain Birdseye says:

Send your $20 to me and wait forever; or, look at the top of the front page. Aaaaaarghhhhh…

7. Universal Life Catholic Ministries says:

My friend advised I’d personally quite possibly in this way site. He or she had been solely suitable. This kind of post essentially made this morning. You can not consider just simply how much occasion I needed expended for this details! Many thanks!

1 3 4 5