Certificate of Ordination update

Published August 30th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

If you ordered a certificate in the last week it’s in one of these mailers that were sent out yesterday:

image

The response has been great.

Jut a note, for the people who are planning to perform weddings as an FSM Minister: It’s our view that weddings are social ceremonies and a couple should be free to choose whoever they like to perform their ceremony.

But to “be married” is also a legal distinction, and for that reason, I want to make sure that our FSM Ministers are following the rules and regulations of their areas. Please be aware that a Certificate of Ordination is not the same thing as a license to officiate weddings. In many areas if you want the weddings to be registered by the government, you need to get a license to perform weddings, issued by your clerk’s office. We have learned that most clerks will accept our ordinations, but if you encounter one who will not, please let me know, and I will see what I can do. But for the most part, please consider these certificates in the spirit of social ceremony.

certificate_sm

Note — the certificates have been updated to use lithographed certificate paper. We also now have ID cards.

You can order the certificates and cards here.

68 Responses to “Certificate of Ordination update”

1. June says:

There’s been discussion about me performing a wedding as a Pastafarian minister, but I have no idea how to go from getting ordained to actually being able to perform a wedding.
    If someone would be willing to help me out and explain, I’d greatly appreciate it.

(I live in Indiana, by the way)

• Mal says:

A good place to start would be your county clerk’s office. If they can’t get you the proper paperwork, they should at least know where to send you.

2. Hal says:

There should also be a wallet sized version in a plastic coating. I ordered my certificate today! Awesome, can’t wait to hang it in my cubical!

RAmen

3. Hal says:

BTW, I have had a silver FSM ring on my finger for almost a year. It should also be an official ring issued of similar make that was blessed by you Bobby.

4. Reb_Varah says:

Ramem! why don’t you ship to Italy? :-(

• gio says:

veramente spedisce anche in italia, noi abbiamo appena nominato il nostro ministro…

• Reb_Varah says:

luckily, I had not seen the Italian flag in the pages to order :-)

5. Ordained Captain of the Noodle says:

Has anyone done a Pastafarian wedding in Ontario, Canada?

6. Brendan says:

Hey hey – ordered one 4 weeks ago, still waiting. Wife’s birthday in 10 days – hope it arrives in time!

7. Paul Plottner says:

Is there a sanctified/suggested liturgy for performing ceremonies in his noodly pressence?

• Rev.Stu says:

Plagiarism is a good thing, did you ever get a response? I write ceremonies and conduct weddings based on my interview with the couple. Honestly, the ceremony can be under five minutes, Do you… Do you.. ok we have witnesses sign here, thank-you. A ceremony should provide what is paid for, if you are earning $200 of more for your performance – best make the payer happy, five minutes won’t do. the ceremony is like a skirt, long enough to cover what needs to be covered, but short enough to maintain interest.

8. Michael says:

Has the noodly one given specifics on how the wedding ceremony should be preformed as well as accepted vows? I also like the idea of a database to see where our ministers are located. Are they any in the state of Ohio, if not I may just become the first.