Certificate of Ordination update

Published August 30th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

If you ordered a certificate in the last week it’s in one of these mailers that were sent out yesterday:

image

The response has been great.

Jut a note, for the people who are planning to perform weddings as an FSM Minister: It’s our view that weddings are social ceremonies and a couple should be free to choose whoever they like to perform their ceremony.

But to “be married” is also a legal distinction, and for that reason, I want to make sure that our FSM Ministers are following the rules and regulations of their areas. Please be aware that a Certificate of Ordination is not the same thing as a license to officiate weddings. In many areas if you want the weddings to be registered by the government, you need to get a license to perform weddings, issued by your clerk’s office. We have learned that most clerks will accept our ordinations, but if you encounter one who will not, please let me know, and I will see what I can do. But for the most part, please consider these certificates in the spirit of social ceremony.

certificate_sm

Note — the certificates have been updated to use lithographed certificate paper. We also now have ID cards.

You can order the certificates and cards here.

68 Responses to “Certificate of Ordination update”

1 3 4 5
  1. Hilary says:

Greetings fellow Pastafarians!
    Has anyone obtained a license to become a marriage officiant in New York City? I have my Certificate of Ordination & my letter of good standing but NYC says I also need:

~You must attach a letter from your local congregation that verifies that you are the pastor or associate pastor of the congregation and that your congregation consents to your registration with the Office of the City Clerk
    ~You must attach one of the following documents:
    A copy of the church’s Articles of Incorporation; or
    A statement that lists the location of the church, the reason for the church’s founding, the number of trustees of the church, the approximate size of the congregation, and how often the congregation meets

Does anyone have any experience with this or any suggestions for me?
    Thanks!

• Keith says:

Reason for the Church’s founding? Perhaps you should direct them to the “About” page. I wonder if they ask the same questions of people who claim to represent christian, moslem, or any other of the “established” religions?

• St. Arrrrgyle says:

They’re all “established” – religious creativity knows no bounds. You can always get SOMEBODY to believe you.

• Rev.Stu says:

“You” might be able to but I have certainly met some unbelievable folks in my travels.

• Ric Becker says:

how did this work out for you? I’m getting married and trying to have a friend do the same.

2. オメガ 2201.50 says:

シーマスター オメガ オメガ 2201.50 http://www.06xp.comomegaオメガ-3qmipkh-2.html/

3. Scott Brooks says:

How do I get my letter of good standing?

4. Gustavo says:

Does anyone know how to get a letter of good standing? I need one in order to officiate a wedding. Thanks!

5. Samthemighty says:

I am one who believes that pamersan cheese was invented by the saint Palmer sean. The cheese was originally named after him, but when asked what the name of the cheese was, he had a mouth full of pasta, so it came out pamersan. I praise his noodliness for this revalation.

• Captain Birdseye says:

He might also be Japanese; Palmer San? Aaaaarghhhhh….

6. kieran says:

how do you get the certificate

• Captain Birdseye says:

Send your $20 to me and wait forever; or, look at the top of the front page. Aaaaaarghhhhh…

7. Universal Life Catholic Ministries says:

My friend advised I’d personally quite possibly in this way site. He or she had been solely suitable. This kind of post essentially made this morning. You can not consider just simply how much occasion I needed expended for this details! Many thanks!

1 3 4 5