Did eyes evolve from meatballs?

Published July 16th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

After much thinking, I came up with a theory about evolution. Maybe our eyes evolved from meatballs, and our eyelashes were spaghetti!

- Jason

spagetii_eyes

This theory sounds as plausible as some I’ve heard, but I am skeptical.  I know that we see the world through the lens of our religion, and even in matters of science we decide what is True by consensus, and that we are prone to accepting only what fits our already-decided ideology, but perhaps it’s time to demand more rigorous standards.  Or, dare I say it, accept the conclusions by the unGodly (FSM) heathens in academia.  Can there be some compromise?

Someone please set me straight, I think I am having a faith/reason crisis.

67 Responses to “Did eyes evolve from meatballs?”

1. His Wholyness the Cook says:

Mark that guy you quoted is a real prince. He has shown the true stature of his intellect in every word choice. I have never come across someone whose erudition must be such a continuing source of pride to his teachers. His logic is almost flawless, but I feel compelled to expand on one point he made.

“you can’t do shit to Christ ! ”

This is the great failing of his belief system. Shit is the one thing we humans all have in common. Male, female, gay, straight, old, young, we can shit to Christ. We can shit to anything we like, or nothing at all, if the act of shitting is something that we enjoy for its own sake. You see, shit is something I am a bit of an expert on. The end result of all my work, no matter how good it is, no matter how much a customer paid for it, is shit. Though I glorify the FSM in spaghetti, or cannelloni, whether I make meat sauce, or vegetarian, the end result of my efforts in six to eight hours is shit. This proves the true nature of the one true and delicious FSM. When we glorify, the end result is shit, and we make no denial of it. This demonstrates the flaw in his “Christ” philosophy. He denies the shit, yet it happens.

2. 繆皓宇 says:

Ramen !

from Taiwan

3. nun sequitur says:

while on topic of eyes…
    a reccomendation.
    do not use depilatory lotion on your body & inadvertantly touch your eye-brow.
    i did & it was not pretty.

4. Keith says:

I tried to find a suitable heading to put this in. It is Richard Dawkins demonstrating that the evolution of the the eye is not such a big deal after all. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nwew5gHoh3E

5. kredyt bez bik says:

Thank your for the kind words, they are always appreciated.
    kredyt bez bik http://www.lixe24.pl/

6. グッチ がま口 バッグ says:

Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it.
    Look advanced to more added agreeable from you! By the way,
    how can we communicate?

7. http://www.finanovacash.pl/ says:

This blog was… how do I say it? Relevant!! Finally I have found
    something which helped me. Thanks a lot!

8. coloured Contact Lenses uk says:

Suppose dark brown eyes that can be coloured to light blue or pale purple.
    We’re sure that everyone can recollect being told not to pick spots, but picking really isn’t
    a good idea. Prescription colour contacts are usually worn for
    vision correction and non-prescription coloured contacts for aesthetic purposes.

My blog post – coloured Contact Lenses uk