Austrian Wins Right To Wear Pasta Strainer In Driver’s License

Published July 13th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

colander2

Pastafarian Niko Alm has won the right to wear a colander as religious headgear on his Austrian driver’s license.  Congratulations!

Niko Alm first applied for the licence three years ago after reading that headgear was allowed in official pictures only for confessional reasons.

Mr Alm said the sieve was a requirement of his religion, pastafarianism.

The Austrian authorities required him to obtain a doctor’s certificate that he was "psychologically fit" to drive.

The BBC article is fantastic and can be found here.

4x4Colander

You can follow the link to (google’s translation of) Niko’s blog: here.

163 Responses to “Austrian Wins Right To Wear Pasta Strainer In Driver’s License”

1. JonathanP says:

I do not eat pasta out of respect and because our lord is full of carbs.

• Shell Sharp says:

Oh please the protein in the cheese balances everything out as does the red wine.

• His Wholyness the Cook says:

Indeed. Also vast amounts of garlic in the sauce bond with a good Chianti or Lambrusco to leave one replete with noodly goodness, and a healthy heart. Provided that one does not partake of too much of a good thing, those carbs are an excellent source of workout energy. I personally am acquainted with a deliciously muscular young lady who eats noodles for breakfast on the days that she has a workout at the gym.

• nun ya biz says:

gluten free versions highly reccomended, if u go gf, these brands particularly: schar, tinkyada.
          the wine is probably free of gluten. ..but not nitrites unless reduced nitrite organic etc. goats & sheeps milk cheeses r better digested. If u go dairyless, might try daiya cheese. It may b soy free…only reccomend the mozarella version of it & if u try the wrong gf foods, u may wrongfully or not, b turned off gf foods 4 life. same reason,2 not overcook it …it will otherwise have poor consistency. It is an art form 2 get gf foods close 2 the gluten filled counterparts. this becomes essential mainly when lack of adherence is otherwise a risk…many persons trying gf foods have mainly a taste consideration, which is unfortunate being that there r hundreds of health related reasons 2 b free of gluten, even if it is yummy. Lead paint reportedly is tasty, which is y kids tend 2 eat the chips…but tasty not neccessarily only consideration. Some people r familiar with rye stored improperly leading 2 molds of a specific type which can make a person deranged when ingesting it…storage improvements have remedied this, but word getting out on gluten is met with resistance….the witch trials were thought in part 2 have been encouraged by contaminated rye..

both the victims & persecutors eating same grains…gluten is a neurotoxin. Science supports this…not a jab @ the monster. Just the facts on gluten. Peace,,n

2. Sarah says:

I was on yahoo, and I read about this story. That is how I was introduced to His Holiness the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Niko, you can credit yourself of (indirectly) converting at least one person.

3. SkettyGuy says:

I am a true believer. I am out to convert many.

4. matthew ogiwara says:

I am glad to see a place where people of the true faith (of requiring empirical evidence) can get organized. Theologians have been organized for a very long time. They have in the past exterminated people like us for not sharing their belief in deities. Yet they think all people should respect their religious beliefs. The concept of faith is at it’s core, flawed. A person who honers the commitments they make does not need your faith. They have your confidence. Confidence is based on observable evidence. Mr. Smith shows up at work on time everyday for 10 years, I can have CONFIDENCE he will be on time next Monday. Mr. Brown is late 3 times a week for 10 years. How stupid do you have to be to have FAITH in Mr. Browns’ punctuality? Faith is believing in something without the need for evidence to back it up. Confidence requires experience observing behavior which is likely but not guaranteed to repeat.

• nun ya biz says:

people have issues impacting attendance. not everything is as it seems. NOT every1 posting is a ‘convert’ either.

5. Godfellow says:

I agree with you, for me a true believer must speak around friends, kins and colleagues for convert them with simple but effective faith beliefs.

6. Lingerie says:

It’s really a nice and helpful piece of information. I am glad that you simply shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.

7. Tyler says:

I hope that one day te people will see truth and kneel before the flying spaghetti monster. His carbs inspire me to stay active in my faith and the sause provides a positive taste in to my repedative and somewhat bland days. All hail the noodled one.

8. ikari shinji says: