Austrian Wins Right To Wear Pasta Strainer In Driver’s License

Published July 13th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

colander2

Pastafarian Niko Alm has won the right to wear a colander as religious headgear on his Austrian driver’s license.  Congratulations!

Mr Alm said the sieve was a requirement of his religion, pastafarianism.

The Austrian authorities required him to obtain a doctor’s certificate that he was "psychologically fit" to drive.

The BBC article is fantastic and can be found here.

4x4Colander

You can follow the link to (google’s translation of) Niko’s blog: here.

161 Responses to “Austrian Wins Right To Wear Pasta Strainer In Driver’s License”

1. De Monster says:

Awsome

This is exactly like all religions except from the STUPIDNESS

• Dale says:

Actually it’s like all religions except that we acknowledge the stupidness.

2. opiesysco says:

And alas, there be another sign from His Noodlyness. If you look close at the lower left side of Niko’s drivers license you will see the atheist “A” lovingly surrounded by the FSM, May Sauce Be Upon HIM.
    For the country of Austria has been blessed.

• StJason says:

I thought the glowing golden noodle wrapping through the middle of the license and clearly touching the picture was the sign of His Noodly Appendage…

3. Robert says:

Ahoy m’hearties!

I too saw your prophet on the BBC website and am setting about building a pirate ship to spread the good word..arrrr

(although the ‘Join’ button seems to be dead for me)

4. Shaun says:

Whilst sitting with my homemade pasta bake yesterday, I saw a sign in the heavens, with a cloud in the shape of Capellini. From this I was driven to find out where this was coming from. A quick look on the BBC news website and loweth I found your site. Now where do I sign…….

5. John says:

Looks like you are going to need a larger server colander. This BBC thing is bumping your use. All hail to the FSM!

6. StJason says:

I think this is an excellent precedence.

Anyone who wants to wear a religious article (including a cross lapel pin or necklace) in their license photo, should be subjected to immediate psychological evaluation.

• SiverJohn17 says:

We must be patient with those who do not understand our joy of HIS NOODLIENESS, they do not see the great pleasure from following HIM but only the acts done after, which to their eyes are bizarre but because we know the sauce covered truth are righteous. They will soon come to know the saucy truth, and their eyes will be filled with awe. Praise be to HIS SAUCYNESS.

RAmen

7. dave campbell says:

“Niko Alm first applied for the licence three years ago after reading that headgear was allowed in official pictures only for confessional reasons.”

Did it take (3 years?) to just receive the license card, or was it that time unable to secure the license where he was unable to drive without it?

That would indicate a great level of sacrifice in adherence to ones religious beliefs.

8. Poltroon McSlacker says:

What caught my eye was a the point about him having to undergo a mental examination.

But if you believe that your holiest of holy men banged nine year olds, considers it heaven to rape 72 virgins, or wants you to eat his flesh and blood so you can go to hell later–that’s sane, and you can barge around downtown Vienna in a ton of steel at will?

Must be Austria.

I tip my hat lazily in the direction of Mr. Alm. Clearly he is a chosen one, for now his head is the most holey of all in our faith.