Austrian Wins Right To Wear Pasta Strainer In Driver’s License

Published July 13th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

Pastafarian Niko Alm has won the right to wear a colander as religious headgear on his Austrian driver’s license.  Congratulations!

Niko Alm first applied for the licence three years ago after reading that headgear was allowed in official pictures only for confessional reasons.

Mr Alm said the sieve was a requirement of his religion, pastafarianism.

The Austrian authorities required him to obtain a doctor’s certificate that he was "psychologically fit" to drive.

The BBC article is fantastic and can be found here.

You can follow the link to (google’s translation of) Niko’s blog: here.

177 Responses to “Austrian Wins Right To Wear Pasta Strainer In Driver’s License”

1 9 10 11
  1. Demonkilla says:

Jesus is Lord of Lords and King of Kings….This spaghetti Monster mumble jumble is ridiculous…You guys will create your own god with your own hands….But my God creates everything by His WORD….The spaghetti monster is nothing more than Satan’s attempt to get worship through fools…

• SillyKiwiMan says:

Our deity is tastier than yours.

So there.

• Keith says:

That’s odd. You shouted out WORD but not GOD. Well anyway, you don’t scare me. I have FAITH in the FSM. I do NOT have faith in your god. (See, I can shout for no reason as well).

• redmex says:

• Julianna says:

The spaghetti monster doesn’t lie though, the spaghetti monster won’t say the world is flat and is the center of the Universe, and the spaghetti monster won’t judge people… yeah I would rather follow this God than yours ANY DAY. Your religion sounds just as “stupid”. I don’t think satan would create such an amazing dish

• Julianna says:

Wait… a true follower of Jesus wouldn’t have the name Demon in it…. you’re clearly a fake go away lmaooooo

• TheFewTheProudTheMarinara says:

Demonkilla sounds more like a Jamaican reggae singer than an evangelist, but whatever …
      So, this god of yours – what “word” did he use anyway? For Mosey’s sake, don’t tell us it’s the BuyBull!
      According to that piece of trash, I should have stoned my wife for not being a virgin on our wedding night,
      and someone should have stoned my mother for being a teacher.

• The Sauceror says:

If your mother and your wife had been stoned in the Pasafarian or Jamaican reggae way, you would be exactly where you are now, and much better off for it.

2. Rasputin says:

Dear Demonkilla, you are making a fundamental error. Accept His Noodliness and His blessed sauce. The FSM will forgive you and embrace you with His soft squidgey appendages.

3. Rasputin says:

Remind me: Is Austria the one with the kangaroos?

• Keith says:

According to Pauline Hanson it is.

• Julianna says:

No Australia is… Austria is near germany I think..

• The Sauceror says:

Thanks for the correction, Julianna. I always get the too confused two. For some reason I always thought that Orstrya was the one with the kangaroo courts and Orshtralya was the one with the Mistuh Rabbits. Ramen.

1 9 10 11