Russia playground sighting

Published June 25th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

image

I would guess that it’s some kind of FSM totem pole from an ancient Russian culture, now half buried in the ground and used as a jungle gym on a playground… ;)

-Manja

66 Responses to “Russia playground sighting”

1. Search Engine says:

русская Православная Летающий Макаронный Монстр, да?

2. tekhedd says:

We used to have playgrounds like this when I was growing up, but now it’s illegal to have anything other than a flat expanse of safety rubber. Apparently. Kids today. What will they do when they first encounter the horror of a stairway. All those sharp edges!

We didn’t have a cool FSM to climb on though!

• Keith says:

That’s the big problem these days. Kids aren’t allowed to get dirty so their immune system doesn’t build up resistances.They can’t play on things that can hurt them and teach them to be careful. When someone buys little Johnny a cap pistol or a toy sword some social worker throws his/her hands in the air and cries “oh who will think of the little ones?” and immediately accuses the parents of being sociopaths. Kids aren’t allowed to listen to old nursery rhymes because they are laden with prejudices: the list goes on.
      I was exposed to all of the above when I was a kid. I’m still alive and those I know and have worked with think I’m a reasonably pleasant guy to associate with. The only thing from my childhood that I have disassociated myself from is religion: that was the big danger and I’m free of it.

• stylusmobilus says:

Well mate you’ll be pleased to know that out of our eight, this year we have had over 10 skinned knees, one bleeding nose, a broken wrist from a Ripstik, two of our girls have stood up to older boys, and the youngest almost smashed his teeth in on the playfort yesterday. There is much more and you’re totally correct. They are currently over at the park having a game of footy in the dark. Bring back the seesaw and roundabouts.

RAmen Keith!

• Keith says:

Reminds me of one of the kids in the “Pokemon Soulsilver” game. He says he always wears shorts because all the bandages on his knees make him look wild and dangerous. (Ah! is there anything Pokemon can’t teach us?)

• Midnight Rider says:

Just wait, one of those kids will try eating the safety rubber on the ground and get sick. They will recall all bouncy ground from the playgrounds outlaw playing…haha.

• stylusmobilus says:

Hahaha already happened….my youngest had a chew on this stuff a few weeks ago.

3. Insightful Ape says:

Flying Spaghetti Monster shows the way by tocuhing you with his appendages. Those whom he doesn’t touch, they will be stuck forever with stale beer and diseases strippers.
    RAmen

• Big Guy says:

monkey man don’t be touching anything you don’t know where it’s been.

4. Big Guy says:

Before the Italians invented spaghetti 1961 where was the noodle monster?

He couldn’t exist before spaghetti was invented in 61 so surely by any reasonable deduction he can’t exist now.

Why is this noodle referred to as a monster?
    How much further from divinity can you get?

• Midnight Rider says:

Silly man, spaghetti is ancient. http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/117217/a_short_history_of_spaghetti.html

The FSM has always been with us since the dawn of time, obviously since he created the universe and all things in it. Only recently has he revealed himself to the world though his prophet Bobby Henderson. The reason? Because of all the people, billions of people who actually believe in false gods.

When I was an xian and I asked my pastor something about the bible that didnt make sense, he said, “My son, you must have faith!!!” So when you ask why our diety is known as a monster, Big Guy, you must have faith! All his noodley goodness shall be revealed to you in time. Just believe and pray and eat pasta.

• Cap'n Flint says:

Bigster, before Genesis, where was your God?

• Big Guy says:

Spaghetti was created in the image of the FSM. It is a likeness of His Noodliness. Just like your ID photo is your likeness. FSM was obviously around before spaghetti; he created everything, including spaghetti.
      Don’t get so hysterical, dear idiotic alter ego. I am concerned for your health.
      And for the free entertainment you give us.

• TiltedHorizon says:

Italians invented spaghetti in 1961????? Yet there exists a painting by Julius Moser titled:”Boy with Spaghetti”, it’s from 1808. Proof positive FSM exists, clearly it altered our observations to suppress itself from our memory until we were ready to see the truth.

• Apprentice Frederic says:

@TH – Wikiped says 12-th century for spaghetti, FWIW. I like to imagine the Inquisition (who, according to some stories, tested Jews by serving them sizzling platters of pork to eat) forcing early Pastafarians to eat spaghetti, little knowing that it was a sacred communion, LOFLMAO.

• lolhoofd says:

woud we be boiled in a giant cookingpot insted of burned to the stake?
          seems fiting

5. Encyclodpedia Brit says:

Man, if I’d know the playgrounds were this good in Russia, I’d have emigrated years ago.

6. Jacek says:

I’m a Christian from Eastern Europe, and I must tell you I am annoyed with the picture, because now I have to wipe my monitor. It’s sooo funny. :-D

7. Saint says:

In Russia, I met a more elaborate totem poles on the playground. It’s really great to attach growing generation. My own childhood was spent among these totems of the FSM and now I know what is good and right.

8. colette says:

sfumato: the way of leonardo da vinci painting landscapes in the “smoke”. so that will be the answer to your question-smoke