FSM Father’s Day Present

Published June 19th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

I have just received the best Father’s Day present ever! My 8 year old was so excited to give me my present! He’s been talking about it for days. "Daddy, you will love your Father’s Day present!" Well, he was right. The fact that he made this at school and it made his teacher say, "What the heck is that?", made me bust a gut. Here is the card he made and the paper weight for me to use on my desk at work(I’m a banker, so it should look completely odd on my desk. lol). Awesome. I’m a very proud dad…

-Jamie

paper-weight

fathers-day-card

59 Responses to “FSM Father’s Day Present”

1. Jamie says:

Thanks for all the encouraging comments(other that you, Big Guy. What’s wrong with you?). My son is quite impressed that people like his artwork. He told me that the monster about the FSM in the card was the Vancouver Canucks whale eating the Bruins. Good imagination…Better than his old man, that’s for sure…

2. Radinito says:

I think this is one of the most beautiful manifestations of His Noodleness, through such a great work like your son’s !!! May everybody be so creative and kind, and our world will be a better place !!!

may the French Sauce be with you, lovely from France,

radinito

3. Big Guy says:

Mark 9:42

“Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him if a great millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea”

• Big Guy says:

Jebus is “love”. But he has a funny way of showing it.

• SmartAtheist says:

Pretty sure his name was Jesus.

4. Radinito says:

An excerpt from Bernstein’s Mass (1971) :

God made us the boss
    God gave us the cross
    We turned it into a sword
    To spread the Word of the Lord
    We use His holy decrees
    To do whatever we please
    And it was good, yeah
    And it was good, yeah
    And it was goddam good

I find this theatrical piece to be a very clever critic/description about fanatic interpretations of the bible or any other sacred text. It gets me very sad to see people like “Big Guy” who doesn’t understand the loving message (he should go more often listening Bernstein’s concerts), but kids like Jamie’s and people like you, Pastafarians, get me back hope.

Bienheureux ceux qui mangent des pâtes !

Radinito

Radinito

5. troll lololololol says:

Thats an amazing monument to the fsm, praise his noodlyness,yet I come here to address another matter. What is our stance on the upcoming events involving a so called “Lord Inglip”? Surely his popularity and negative position on matters should be of at least some concern.

6. R.A. says:

Never before have I been so offended by a website! Yes I am a christian and I’m proud of it! I just found this and
    going through some of the hate mail and criticism’s I couldn’t agree more. Under no circumstances is it acceptable
    to mock other people’s beliefs, no matter how much ‘evidence’ you think you have. I really do hope that god does
    give you a chance to see the truth and embrace him before its too late. I know I shouldn’t get this worked up but
    you must realize that a religion based on the hatred of another religion is just not right! I do urge you to give this
    up!

Yours Sincerely,
    Rick

• Big Guy says:

Arrgh matey, ya have mi proundest admiration fer yer true commitment to the noble idea of freedom of expression!

Yers sincerely,
      the one and only Big Guy

• Big Guy says:

Big Guy impostor @ 7:42

you’re not a pirate and you don’t have a ship,,,

from the one & only Big Guy

Rick this dude is not what he seems, don’t trust him for a minute…

• stylusmobilus says:

Want a tissue?

• TiltedHorizon says:

Since it is impossible to give ‘offense’ I not going to apologize for what you willing take. I will, however, take a moment to point out that we don’t ‘hate’ religion; can’t hate something that is not real. We will, and do, reserve the right to use our ‘god given’ brains to voice our scrutiny, judgment, and expose the often ridiculous and unforgivable crimes committed by the faithful in service of religion.

7. EricB says:

I am a recovering protestant who had lost his way in atheism. I now have seen the light.

I have always loved pasta and i have loved beer since they would let me drink it. One of my failed careers was as an actor and both of my paying roles whereas pirates. Have a pirate suit that i made myself to take my girls out on Halloween. It’s a nice one too with a real leather hat and boots (I made myself) and a frock coat made out of upholstery fabric. I wear my kilt with it too and get the most looks and sometimes ladies try and reach under m… sorry I got distracted.

I love to talk like a pirate, but i do it under my breath so no one else could hear. And, i make the best meatballs with three meats and actual stale breadcrumbs, fresh spices and just a little romano cheese. I sear them in a hot pan and then bake them in the oven. They are to die for.

I see now that my life has been building to this moment. I knew of FSM before and have even claimed to be “The voice of the Flying Spaghetti Monster come to raise hell of Christian Hypocrisy” while trolling Christians online. I thought then that FSM was just a joke to tease theists with.

I confess that the Flying Spaghetti monster is real (as anything else we have a word for). I now devote my life to drinking beer (with scotch) and eating pasta; especially with a carbonara sauce (even god tastes better with ham.) I here and now devote my life to FSM and renounce all other religions (and denounce them too, given the chance.)

My parents have been telling, me all my life, that god had a plan for me. I had hoped that it was to be rich and unconcerned with the plight of others, but that wasn’t it. I thought it was to be a christian preacher but that book is sillier than batshit on a wingnut.
    Now I see that the plan was for me to get drunk while eating bacony noodles and tossing my kilt in the air like David Hasselhoff at a theater premier. Sound good, I’m in.

If i can still reeducate chistians, while pontificating in a professionally trained pirate voice professing to be a pasta prophet.

• Keith says:

I hope you hand stitched your pirate costume and never wash it. Nothing beats authenticity after all!

• EricB says:

I did hand stitch most of it, upholstery fabric is too thick for my sewing machine. The kilt was made hand by little scotish women in Edinburgh. At least it cost like it was. Is’t all wool and leather, wouldn’t know how to wash it. I’ll have to scan in and post a picture of me in my full holy attire.

• Keith says:

I would love to see it. Just for the record I have never washed my Civil War gear (the real one, not the American one). It smells of black powder and sweat, the way every pirate’s gear should smell!

8. Big Guy says:

this site is a cult in waiting… eventually we will read a story about how Bobby stole money and owes taxes to uncle Sam. Or maybe he’ll really loose it and some of you along with him like Jones, Koresh or the Solar temple nut bars who burned themselves alive. If you want to follow a silly noodle divinity spawned by Bobby as a protest to creationism than have it fools. The jokes on you!

• Big Guy says:

Yes, the joke is on you all! Clearly Jesus is cumin, been cumin for 2000 years. This is why I wank, I want to cum for 2000 years too.

• EricB says:

We’re not a cult. We don’t feed FSM she feeds us with her noodly goodness. I say she because my daughter is lobbing for an open sexual interpretation of FSM on another thread.

Are you the devil, Bug Guy?

You seem to be everywhere on this site. I feel the love of FSM from everyone but you. Yet I sense your presents everywhere. When I was a Christian I could be sure that someone who was so hurtful to god and so ubiquitous had to be from the devil. But now I’m not sure.

Might just be the scotch, i’m sure it’s not the beer.