Is it time for an FSM billboard?

Published June 7th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

billboard2Can you picture it?  It could be amazing, if we do it right.  I’ve mentioned it before and had mixed responses.  Here are my thoughts:

It can’t be negative.  As an example, I was not a fan of the You Know It’s A Myth banners put up by the American Atheists.

image

I am in favor of the AA’s substantive causes but I found this billboard campaign smug and petty (I feel the same about campaigns to remove Christmas trees from public venues).

The high road.  If we put up a billboard, it must be a positive message – it must promote us and our ideals, not attack another group.  Satire and nonsense are great, attacking Christianity is boring and counter-productive.  I have no problem slamming Cthulhu and/or the IPU (She is in my drawing, also btw).

Send me your ideas/drawings. I’ll post them here. What would make a good billboard?  A pirate ship “full of beer and strippers”?  That might be interesting.  It’s been a while since I’ve seen a drawing of the Beer Volcano.  Send your submissions to me and we can decide what would look best.  We’ll worry about paying for the billboard space next.

Submissions (so far):

image

#1.  See the World, by Doug.

image

#1(b). Have you been touched, by Doug.

image

#2. Try Pasta, by Jo (Cardinal Fang)

image

#3. Touching, by Dan.

image

#4.  Teaching our children the truth, by Wayne.

image

#5.  Try FSM, by Kelly.

image

#6.  Main course for the soul, by Younger.

image

image

#7.  Two designs, by Doug.

image

#8.  I’d really rather you didn’t, by Jeffrey.

353 Responses to “Is it time for an FSM billboard?”

1. Harriett says:

Hey! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow you iff that would be
    ok. I’m definitely enjoying your blog and look forward to
    new updates.

2. Lee Lazarus says:

I have two billboards I think you might like. Here is the dropbox link if you want to get a peek:

3. cover songs says:

Hi there, after readin this remarkable article i am too delighted to share my experience here with colleagues.

4. Humprey Benfufay says:

7a
    “Intellegent” is that a pun (that I do not get) or a simple typo?

5. เสื้อผ้าแฟชั่น says:

What a stuff of un-ambiguity and preserveness of precious experience on the topic of unexpected feelings.

Here is my website เสื้อผ้าแฟชั่น

6. Best Hosting Server says:

Hello, I leave my service address Dedicated Servers in USA / CANADA / ARGENTINA http://www.ramde.com.ar/dedicated-server
    CentOS Servers, Ubuntu Servers, Windows Servers, VPS Servers, VPS Servers In Argentina, Streaming & Web Hosting
    Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, etc hosting CMS + Google PageSpeed

7. retencion de liquidos en el cuerpo del hombre says:

Buenas! he acabado de leer tu post y quería agradecerte que hayas dedicado tu tiempo en escribir toda esta información tan importante para los que nos encontramos perdiendo peso. un millón de gracias por tu texto!! Y un saludo!!

8. jessejesseTit says: