Is it time for an FSM billboard?

Published June 7th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

billboard2Can you picture it?  It could be amazing, if we do it right.  I’ve mentioned it before and had mixed responses.  Here are my thoughts:

It can’t be negative.  As an example, I was not a fan of the You Know It’s A Myth banners put up by the American Atheists.

image

I am in favor of the AA’s substantive causes but I found this billboard campaign smug and petty (I feel the same about campaigns to remove Christmas trees from public venues).

The high road.  If we put up a billboard, it must be a positive message – it must promote us and our ideals, not attack another group.  Satire and nonsense are great, attacking Christianity is boring and counter-productive.  I have no problem slamming Cthulhu and/or the IPU (She is in my drawing, also btw).

Send me your ideas/drawings. I’ll post them here. What would make a good billboard?  A pirate ship “full of beer and strippers”?  That might be interesting.  It’s been a while since I’ve seen a drawing of the Beer Volcano.  Send your submissions to me and we can decide what would look best.  We’ll worry about paying for the billboard space next.

Submissions (so far):

image

#1.  See the World, by Doug.

image

#1(b). Have you been touched, by Doug.

image

#2. Try Pasta, by Jo (Cardinal Fang)

image

#3. Touching, by Dan.

image

#4.  Teaching our children the truth, by Wayne.

image

#5.  Try FSM, by Kelly.

image

#6.  Main course for the soul, by Younger.

image

image

#7.  Two designs, by Doug.

image

#8.  I’d really rather you didn’t, by Jeffrey.

366 Responses to “Is it time for an FSM billboard?”

1 18 19 20 21 22 24
  1. incall escorts in London says:

Very interesting weblog. It is good to look at intelligent blogs on the internet alongside all of the rubbish sites. How much time do you have to dedicate to it?

• william gao (pasterfarian minister) says:

not at all sir/madam pasterfarianism is learnt from the heart and doesn’t require effort after dedication to the fly spaghetti monster as he speaks to us in our sleep making us hungry for spaghetti

• Bishop Bob of Linguine says:

I beg our pardon. Being Bishop Bob of Linguine I outrank you. Being the true Prophet of the Holy Beneficient and Tasty Monster- sauce be upon him- it is my duty to inform you that Pastafarians will from now on be required to eat of the sacrament- DAILY- this consists of 1 full can of Chef Boyardee Spagheitti (may sauce be upon him) and Meatballs- raw and uncooked in one 3 min. period and sloshing it down with a warm Sam Adams Winter Doublebock- in one gulp. By fulfilling the eucharist you will be blessed ty the Holy One (may sauce be upon him) for all eternity and be rewarded in Pasta-Heaven with 72 nubile meat balls from which you may suck for all eternity- Hail oh Hail the Benificence of his Holiness (may sauce be upon him)

and let us say Ra Man

2. M says:

My religious beliefs are offended by the first picture of this post.
    Cthulhu is a Great Old One, and FSM it the true god.
    Why cann’t there be more then one? Are we descendants or some Avraamic religions?
    Really, why false?!

Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn !

• H.P. LOVECRAFT says:

We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage. You will anger Mighty Cthulhu with your impertinent questions. Remain on your placid island of ignorance.

HPL

3. Praroemar says:

The new addition caused plenty of guys to halt carrying their normal bag.

4. Mike says:

I liked #’s 1a. and 1.b as well as #8. I like #8 the most but keeping in mind that it is a billboard I feel that #1b would work the best, it has my vote

5. Job interview tips says:

For those who have managerial or supervisory experience, perhaps you are
    tempted to add testimonies absolutely from higherups.
    This really is outstanding advice, nevertheless you can take it farther by including comments from
    the subordinates.

Prepare yourself for telephone interviews within the same fashion that you simply would face-to-face interviews.

You will need to have the capacity to explain how best you fit what they’re looking
    for, and share your self in a span for several minutes.
    This may allow it to be even more likely you will end up allowed an interview,
    which may cause a job.

It’s something which you’ll be likely to be expected within an
    interview, so ensure you know very well what you need to say!

Basically abandon it entirely from your
    cv, if you are ashamed of something about your own personal
    past as opposed to lying about this. You just can’t know if/when a potential company
    will detect the truth.

6. Alberto R. says:

“Try pasta” is EPIC :)

7. short term debt settlement loans says:

If default on the $39,000 401k loan simply how much tax would I
    have to shell out. Single no dependents. Posted by
    : Curious

8. billy says:

never before ,, congregates the atheistic ,,,, es genial ,, is perfect ,,, all those foolish religions

1 18 19 20 21 22 24