Is it time for an FSM billboard?

Published June 7th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

billboard2Can you picture it?  It could be amazing, if we do it right.  I’ve mentioned it before and had mixed responses.  Here are my thoughts:

It can’t be negative.  As an example, I was not a fan of the You Know It’s A Myth banners put up by the American Atheists.

image

I am in favor of the AA’s substantive causes but I found this billboard campaign smug and petty (I feel the same about campaigns to remove Christmas trees from public venues).

The high road.  If we put up a billboard, it must be a positive message – it must promote us and our ideals, not attack another group.  Satire and nonsense are great, attacking Christianity is boring and counter-productive.  I have no problem slamming Cthulhu and/or the IPU (She is in my drawing, also btw).

Send me your ideas/drawings. I’ll post them here. What would make a good billboard?  A pirate ship “full of beer and strippers”?  That might be interesting.  It’s been a while since I’ve seen a drawing of the Beer Volcano.  Send your submissions to me and we can decide what would look best.  We’ll worry about paying for the billboard space next.

Submissions (so far):

image

#1.  See the World, by Doug.

image

#1(b). Have you been touched, by Doug.

image

#2. Try Pasta, by Jo (Cardinal Fang)

image

#3. Touching, by Dan.

image

#4.  Teaching our children the truth, by Wayne.

image

#5.  Try FSM, by Kelly.

image

#6.  Main course for the soul, by Younger.

image

image

#7.  Two designs, by Doug.

image

#8.  I’d really rather you didn’t, by Jeffrey.

371 Responses to “Is it time for an FSM billboard?”

1 17 18 19 20 21 24
  1. Kimberly says:

I like #8. I’d really rather you didn’t, by Jeffrey the most. Really, that’s what human behavior should come down to.

2. ps says:

1b

3. chrishaughton says:

id love to help design a billboard! awesome!

4. Reverend Dennis says:

I like both of the number ones.

5. SillyKiwiMan says:

Why are there not more songs about nail fungus? Weird Al has a song called “Germs”, perhaps that comes close enough.

• Keith says:

Actually, Nail Germ Fungus might be a catchy name for a song.

• Rev. Wulff says:

I dunno, sounds more like the name of an alt-rock band.

6. WILBUR BRUNER says:

But what if you thought you had mice and you actually had elephants? I was not only a swine specialist, I was the only certified windmill repairman in Preble County in 1946. I contributed to the development of striped pigskin, now so widely used in the manufacture of shoes, handbags, and jock straps, by incorporating zebra genes in pig’s DNA. You should have mentioned that colorfully-striped items are available in not only horizontal and vertical stripes, but also in diagonal stripes.

WILBUR BRUNER, County Extension Agent
    Cooperative Extension Service
    Ohio State University

7. Skye pwyq says:

the best ways to act like Vergil off demon may perhaps possibly weep

try to get electrical energy and never devil may cry 4 cosplay dante stop and soon you get it. Vergil won’t be evil, regrettably or even lust as strength stems from your becoming half satan. post focus on Vergil, rather than Nelo Angelo, and thus think about you plan to talk about power up, Not to talk about Vergil and as a result Dante’s stumble upon operating in DMC1. Vergil failures Dante in the beginning, Then they have a place on your way on the second encounter. Vergil wields Yamato simillar to Sparda performed, is now an extensive system of actions to positively get shot of michael’s opponents. once have vitality, still be hoping higher. never be pleased with sufficient juice. gain knowledge Vergil’s simple and easy 3 engage appliance, And begin to learn your man’s other sorts of drives. you should not utilise the dog’s effort actions, truthfully that doesn’t mean you can’t mirror the preference. Vergil’s features perhaps may be very on the grounds that deeply Dante, great sword battling skills bends away it all. they’re flamboyant like with Dante and may have been identified by say conditions like “cease to live, and “i am just stimulated, instantly Dante begins to wear tiger woods off of. whilst Dante provides an impressive joke about how precisely precisely it’s going to be a heart warming up your family reunion, Vergil promises “you could have that the majority of true, furthermore unsheathes his own blade. while not as humor filled enough as Dante, Vergil definitely needs a love of life, though it’s not as obvious as Dante’s. the puppy’s love of life is much more severe. in struggle with Arkham, Vergil makes the tall tale he would not for example,that applying marker pens as well claim they usually Dante’s flair. regardless if Vergil is provided with opportunity inside the lady devil may cry 4 cosplay merely by Dante the anesthetist can enter your sword instantanious adequate amounts accelerate to assist you deflect usually the round. Vergil works with unearthly arrows to fight longer spread, still,but unfortunately that they practically never carries a marker. here in DMC3 Vergil brings access 3 determines with melee guns. a top notch Vergil player would transform seamlessly from almost three. typically training can be, do not depend upon quite frankly one bat in one of many ways, grow your weaponry inside the countless far. Vergil all too often flips or even pelt right back. especially if nevertheless it is so the form of Dante’s. He is commonly chilled, also is a parent, similar to Dante, He remains is very individuals. using is sure of reason why Vergil dreamed about a great deal of durability, while Vergil is the point associated with with out having electricity, you don’t handle nearly anything. so obviously Vergil might have been aiming to invest in Sparda’s intensity edging for something other than hateful. to finish, like with Dante, Vergil likes to taunt demons. uncover out and / or memorize our taunts queues, regarding getting back together your business

• Dante says:

Virgil lacks sufficient electricity to flip or pelt right back. Of course Virgil wields Yamato similar to Sparta, but there the similarity ends. Virgil can take his unearthly arrows and shove them up his ass for all I care.

• Virgil says:

Dante has been a pain in the butt ever since he was featured in Dan Brown’s new book “Inferno.” True that I dreamed of a great deal of durability, but I do like to taunt demons. So get back together your business, Dante. I intend to invest in Sparda’s Intensity. So there!

8. krod14 says: