Is it time for an FSM billboard?

Published June 7th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

billboard2Can you picture it?  It could be amazing, if we do it right.  I’ve mentioned it before and had mixed responses.  Here are my thoughts:

It can’t be negative.  As an example, I was not a fan of the You Know It’s A Myth banners put up by the American Atheists.

image

I am in favor of the AA’s substantive causes but I found this billboard campaign smug and petty (I feel the same about campaigns to remove Christmas trees from public venues).

The high road.  If we put up a billboard, it must be a positive message – it must promote us and our ideals, not attack another group.  Satire and nonsense are great, attacking Christianity is boring and counter-productive.  I have no problem slamming Cthulhu and/or the IPU (She is in my drawing, also btw).

Send me your ideas/drawings. I’ll post them here. What would make a good billboard?  A pirate ship “full of beer and strippers”?  That might be interesting.  It’s been a while since I’ve seen a drawing of the Beer Volcano.  Send your submissions to me and we can decide what would look best.  We’ll worry about paying for the billboard space next.

Submissions (so far):

image

#1.  See the World, by Doug.

image

#1(b). Have you been touched, by Doug.

image

#2. Try Pasta, by Jo (Cardinal Fang)

image

#3. Touching, by Dan.

image

#4.  Teaching our children the truth, by Wayne.

image

#5.  Try FSM, by Kelly.

image

#6.  Main course for the soul, by Younger.

image

image

#7.  Two designs, by Doug.

image

#8.  I’d really rather you didn’t, by Jeffrey.

352 Responses to “Is it time for an FSM billboard?”

1 15 16 17 18 19 22
  1. aki says:

i love this religion. im an agnostic. but i think if everyone was pastafarian it would be possibly be a safer world less wars less stuff like that. but then we as human seings might find other things to fight about. im only fifeteen. yet i have a good grip of reality. i just hope you guys are having fun. because you need to live your lives to the full now! yet what your doing to the world is amazing. keep it up!
    love aki!

2. Adam says:

You can’t do this! Jesus doesn’t approve! *snicker*

Do it just for the hell of it. Probably all the Christians and others will get super pissed about it.
    And open a branch in Israel, for serious. We can spread the love over here too!

3. Rebecca says:

I hope the strippers are both male and female. This religion should appeal to the broadest base possible.

• Daniel says:

Yes, in The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster Bobby Henderson answers a similar question which asks if there are male strippers in FSM heaven for women, Henderson replies “Probably, but they are invisible to the non-homo guys.”

4. ben dover says:

ra-men mother fucker!!

5. Dierdre Cheatwood says:

Gday there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that it is really informative. I’m going to watch out for brussels. I’ll be grateful if you continue this in future.

6. Nikos says:

brothers pastafarians i salute you!
    i am interested in spreading pastafarianism in Greece, too..
    as far the billboard is concerned, i think Bobby is right. “insulting” other faiths would not be effective…
    how about billboards showing miracles of the FSM resembling christinan ones? for example
    FSM TURNED 2 TOMATOES INTO 5 GALLONS OF TOMATOES OVERNIGHT!

• TheFewTheProudTheMarinara says:

Why not? “Borrowing” existing legends worked for all the other religions! Go for it!

7. Cecil says:

Religion, Al Dente!

Or

The one true god is Al Dente!

8. 510 atomizer says:

I cherished as much as you will receive carried out right here. The sketch is attractive, your authored material stylish. however, you command get bought an nervousness over that you wish be turning in the following. sick indisputably come further previously again as exactly the similar just about a lot ceaselessly inside of case you defend this hike.

1 15 16 17 18 19 22