Is it time for an FSM billboard?

Published June 7th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

billboard2Can you picture it?  It could be amazing, if we do it right.  I’ve mentioned it before and had mixed responses.  Here are my thoughts:

It can’t be negative.  As an example, I was not a fan of the You Know It’s A Myth banners put up by the American Atheists.

image

I am in favor of the AA’s substantive causes but I found this billboard campaign smug and petty (I feel the same about campaigns to remove Christmas trees from public venues).

The high road.  If we put up a billboard, it must be a positive message – it must promote us and our ideals, not attack another group.  Satire and nonsense are great, attacking Christianity is boring and counter-productive.  I have no problem slamming Cthulhu and/or the IPU (She is in my drawing, also btw).

Send me your ideas/drawings. I’ll post them here. What would make a good billboard?  A pirate ship “full of beer and strippers”?  That might be interesting.  It’s been a while since I’ve seen a drawing of the Beer Volcano.  Send your submissions to me and we can decide what would look best.  We’ll worry about paying for the billboard space next.

Submissions (so far):

image

#1.  See the World, by Doug.

image

#1(b). Have you been touched, by Doug.

image

#2. Try Pasta, by Jo (Cardinal Fang)

image

#3. Touching, by Dan.

image

#4.  Teaching our children the truth, by Wayne.

image

#5.  Try FSM, by Kelly.

image

#6.  Main course for the soul, by Younger.

image

image

#7.  Two designs, by Doug.

image

#8.  I’d really rather you didn’t, by Jeffrey.

460 Responses to “Is it time for an FSM billboard?”

1 26 27 28
  1. Dorie says:

Supercharge your marketing campaign with our social media promotion services. Buy high quality likes/followers/views at highly competitive prices and with fast delivery.

Get 50,000 YouTube Views from:- http://khalaghor.com/youtube.html

You can also order smaller or bigger package from our official website.

• Captain Birdseye says:

Dorie, that’s an unusual use of words. If by ‘supercharge’ you mean flood, and by ‘promote’ you mean ruin, and by ‘quality’ you mean meaningless rubbish, I completely agree. There are quality examples of your service below.

2. SMS chúc tết says:

Spot on with this write-up, I seriously believe this amazing site needs far
    more attention. I’ll probably be back again to read more, thanks for the advice!

3. www.orf.at says:

Auch durch Zeitungen und Zeitschriften werden Nachrichten publiziert und bekannt gegeben.

4. Ant-Bullying says:

Bullying has gotten to be such a big problem, hasn’t it?

• Keith says:

I don’t know anything about ant bullying, apart from those revolting people who hang around ant hills with magnifying glasses and cans of petrol.

• Saint Gnocchi says:

Dear Keith, re people, ants , anthills, cans of petrol. Wh????????????? !!!!!!! ? Never heard of this, ever. What happens/gets done?

• Keith says:

Dear St. Gnocchi’
          Some nasty children (and adults) will sit outside of an ants nest and burn ants to death by focussing the sun’s rays through a lens. Others will pour petrol over a nest and set the petrol alight. I mentioned these two because they are very extreme forms of ant bullying and they are the only examples I know of.

• The Sauceror says:

Don’t forget about those especially nasty people who sit outside ant nests and taunt them and tease the poor ants about how they walk. Not nice.

• Captain Hook says:

Forget water the bastards wont drown. Maybe we can find a way to power a pirate ship with ants cause they wont drown.

• Keith says:

Does that mean Noah didn’t have to take any ants onto his ark? That must have saved some room:-)

5. sterling silver necklace for men says:

Good day! Would you mind if I share your blog with my facebook group?
    There’s a lot of folks that I think would really enjoy your content.
    Please let me know. Many thanks

1 26 27 28