Is it time for an FSM billboard?

Published June 7th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

billboard2Can you picture it?  It could be amazing, if we do it right.  I’ve mentioned it before and had mixed responses.  Here are my thoughts:

It can’t be negative.  As an example, I was not a fan of the You Know It’s A Myth banners put up by the American Atheists.

image

I am in favor of the AA’s substantive causes but I found this billboard campaign smug and petty (I feel the same about campaigns to remove Christmas trees from public venues).

The high road.  If we put up a billboard, it must be a positive message – it must promote us and our ideals, not attack another group.  Satire and nonsense are great, attacking Christianity is boring and counter-productive.  I have no problem slamming Cthulhu and/or the IPU (She is in my drawing, also btw).

Send me your ideas/drawings. I’ll post them here. What would make a good billboard?  A pirate ship “full of beer and strippers”?  That might be interesting.  It’s been a while since I’ve seen a drawing of the Beer Volcano.  Send your submissions to me and we can decide what would look best.  We’ll worry about paying for the billboard space next.

Submissions (so far):

image

#1.  See the World, by Doug.

image

#1(b). Have you been touched, by Doug.

image

#2. Try Pasta, by Jo (Cardinal Fang)

image

#3. Touching, by Dan.

image

#4.  Teaching our children the truth, by Wayne.

image

#5.  Try FSM, by Kelly.

image

#6.  Main course for the soul, by Younger.

image

image

#7.  Two designs, by Doug.

image

#8.  I’d really rather you didn’t, by Jeffrey.

416 Responses to “Is it time for an FSM billboard?”

1 23 24 25
  1. DenMolAndr says:

Вы хотите совершить самоубийство? Не решаетесь покончить с жизнью?
    Выбирайте способ самоубийства (суицида), я приеду помогу. Любой регион.
    Мгновенная смерть от бандитской пули набирает популярность.
    УМРИ ДОСТОЙНО. Друзья и знакомые запомнят тебя героем.
    Адекватные цены. Опыт. Пишите на почту [email protected] либо [email protected]
    На сайте не часто бываю.

2. Thomassype says:

dubai anal escort – click

• Rasputin says:

What??????

3. dinasiska says:

Сеть автомастерских “Alt-Star” предлагает
    всем киевлянам обслуживание согласно ремонтным работам стартеров и генераторов,
    а также их диагностику. Ремонт авто-кондиционеров

• Rasputin says:

Dear dinasiska, shouldn’t your name be “dyslexia”?

• Lulu says:

Dinasiska, why would you say something like:

“Network garages “Alt-Star” offers
        all the people of Kiev service according repairs of starters and alternators,
        as well as their diagnosis. Repair of auto-conditioners”

on a post about promoting his noodly goodness?
        FSM may your noodly appendage touch this man, and show him the holy carbohydrate that you are.
        R’Amen

• The Sauceror says:

Maybe da-ass-kissah is suffering from constipation of the brain.

• Keith says:

Perhaps Dinasiska means “accordion” repairs. I know starters play the accordion. The theme to “Captain Pugwash” was played on the accordion so that fits in with pirates. Alternators sounds bi-friendly so that gets my vote.

• The Sauceror says:

Dear Keith, that sounds like an entirely plausible, if not logical, theory, at least accordion to me. Alternators make great pastafarians. They can go one way or the other way, or both ways at once. Thus, they are perfectly suited for our wonderful religion. Unlike many parody religions, we are completely accepting of alternators. I sure wish we had more alternators who were willing to be converters, though, as we could always use more alternators to serve his excellency’s noodles.

• Rasputin says:

Thanks for the translation, Lulu. If ever I’m in Kiev and I have an electrical problem with my Austin, I’ll be sure to pop in. He’ll recognise me because I am Rasputin, dressed as a pirate.

4. Quality Electronics Rockford IL says:

Was looking for excellent writeup Quality Electronics Rockford IL. It actually became a entertainment account the idea. Glimpse complicated so that you can much helped bring acceptable of your stuff! Furthermore, just how might many of us talk?

5. Rasputin says:

Dear Quality Electronics Rockford Il, please say again. i didn’t understand. Are you the same person as keeps telling us about blinds and curtains?

• Keith says:

Perhaps Quality Electronics Rockford IL services alternators and plays the accordion.

6. gilikimania says:

В нашем онлайн торговом центре вы можете Купить Cтартер в киеве
    для автомобиля недорого!!!!

• Rasputin says:

Dear Gilikimania, %”(“)%_£>:Q{|”¬ to you too.

• Keith says:

According to Google translate, it’s an ad for “car starters” from Kiev.

• Rasputin says:

Thanks, Keith. You and Lulu are brilliant with Google translate. Could the phrase “car starters” be Russian slang for a sexual act or recreational substance abuse? Maybe electrical repairs on Ladas isn’t all he’s offering.

• Keith says:

“Car Starters” may be some alchoholic beverage made in the Urinal Mountains.

• The Sauceror says:

Dear Keith, “car starters” might be something you do after you have drunk a lot of grog. “Urinal” Mountains would seem quite appropriate.

• The Sauceror says:

Dear Rasputin, I’m a bit intrigued by the word “craptep”. It almost sounds like a word that any intelligent person might say to a bible thumper after they have told you “your gonna burn in a special place in hell for ur sins, cuz jeeezus loves you and he wants to kill you.”

7. millashkasi says:

В нашем онлайн торговом центре вы можете купить бензонасос
    для автомобиля недорого!!!!

• Rasputin says:

Here we go again.

• Keith says:

It’s about petrol pumps this time. I hope it isn’t going to go on to air pumps: Someone will end up killing himself.

• The Sauceror says:

Well, it sounds like a bunch of craptep to me. See?

• Rasputin says:

You think it’s about petrol pumps. Maybe it’s Ukrainian slang for crystal meth. Maybe this dude’s named Heisenberg.

• Rasputin says:

I’ve Googled the term “craptep”. No joy, but “craptop” means crappy laptop.

• Apprentice Frederic says:

…and “claptrap” is an ancient, honorable, relevant word in that vein, of course…

• The Sauceror says:

Dear Rasputin and Apprentice Frederic, from both of your descriptions, it looks like ‘craptep’ is a uniquely new Pastafarian word that currently doesn’t exist in nature. While originality seems contradictory for a people who are best known for stealing for a living, we could always adopt ‘craptep’ and say we stole it. Now, all we need is an official definition. Does anybody have any ideas for this bold, new word (or expletive)? We could always ask the prophet to weigh in, but we don’t want to wake Sleeping Beauty from his nappy time. He needs all the beauty rest he can get, unless he can spare a few minutes. It would be nice to use ‘craptep’ in some new, revisionist version of The Book of Loose Cannons, as well as in common pirate-speak. Come on, Pasties, put your two “scents” in on this one, and let’s come up with a great definition for a great new word. You could always get drunk and consult your borched mesoms. I know I will. Sauce to everyone.

• Keith says:

“Craptep”: From “Crap” & “tepid”, meaning old shit that is barely warm.

8. Edwardsn says:

Всем привет) Девченки, кто промышлял совместными покупками? Это способ выгадать. Деньги на нарядах или не очень?

Где и как зарабатывать на совместных покупках ?

• Rasputin says:

Dear Keith and Sauceror, yes, tepid poo poo it is.

• Keith says:

Translation:
      Hello ) Girls who hunted joint purchase ? It is a way to gain . The money for clothes or not?

Where and how to make a joint purchase ?

• Rasputin says:

Wow. I’m missing out by not being a girl.

• The Sauceror says:

Aww, Rasputin, I’m sure you are plenty pretty enough to make a joint purchase. Or, you could just roll your own. On a lighter note, with no craptep, have you checked out the post by Rev. Chamberlain on p.3 of ‘Atheists (Pastafarians) next door’? It is quite enlightening and suggests very positive trends in the U.S. Have you seen any similar studies in your part of the world? You too, Keith. Australia is a place, too — I think. (okay….. you can be pretty, too.).

• Keith says:

Yes, Australia is a place. It is not the place that Essence of Thought wants to visit:
          I used to be pretty but all of a sudden age hit me in the face with the ugly stick.

1 23 24 25