Is it time for an FSM billboard?

Published June 7th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

billboard2Can you picture it?  It could be amazing, if we do it right.  I’ve mentioned it before and had mixed responses.  Here are my thoughts:

It can’t be negative.  As an example, I was not a fan of the You Know It’s A Myth banners put up by the American Atheists.

image

I am in favor of the AA’s substantive causes but I found this billboard campaign smug and petty (I feel the same about campaigns to remove Christmas trees from public venues).

The high road.  If we put up a billboard, it must be a positive message – it must promote us and our ideals, not attack another group.  Satire and nonsense are great, attacking Christianity is boring and counter-productive.  I have no problem slamming Cthulhu and/or the IPU (She is in my drawing, also btw).

Send me your ideas/drawings. I’ll post them here. What would make a good billboard?  A pirate ship “full of beer and strippers”?  That might be interesting.  It’s been a while since I’ve seen a drawing of the Beer Volcano.  Send your submissions to me and we can decide what would look best.  We’ll worry about paying for the billboard space next.

Submissions (so far):

image

#1.  See the World, by Doug.

image

#1(b). Have you been touched, by Doug.

image

#2. Try Pasta, by Jo (Cardinal Fang)

image

#3. Touching, by Dan.

image

#4.  Teaching our children the truth, by Wayne.

image

#5.  Try FSM, by Kelly.

image

#6.  Main course for the soul, by Younger.

image

image

#7.  Two designs, by Doug.

image

#8.  I’d really rather you didn’t, by Jeffrey.

436 Responses to “Is it time for an FSM billboard?”

1 24 25 26
  1. nastiyahatum says:

совместные покупки… Раньше вела торговлю на рынке, а теперь совместными покупками занимаюсь. Выгодно и надежно, но только с неплохими и честными сайтами работать надо. Работаю сама с модойВип.

2. The Sauceror says:

Dear nasty-whatever, if you are the source of the craptep and the borched mesoms, I would like to thank you from the bottom of my beer can. You have given more than you can ever know. Donkey shane, or whatever.

3. DanielWed says:

ポール·スミスは、最も絶賛された英国のファッションの革新的なスタイルと伝統的な方法、消費者を獲得するための簡単​​な、耐久性のあるスタイルの機能を備えた、とその製品に代わって、優れた品質の素材と仕上がりVDE、ブランドを通る1を維持しています目的は、ポール·スミスは、成功の礎です。ポールスミス

• The Sauceror says:

Dear DanielWed, some mornings I wake up with a hangover just like yours.

• Keith says:

Google translate to the rescue again: I don’t know why the Japanese have started spamming us.
      Paul Smith , the most acclaimed innovative style and traditional way of British fashion , simple to win the consumer , has a function of style with durability , and its product instead, the purpose of maintains a 1 through superior quality of materials and finish VDE, the brand , Paul Smith , is the cornerstone of success . Paul Smith

• The Sauceror says:

If DanielWed (a common Japanese name, I’m sure) speaks Japanese that poorly, maybe he should stick to English. But, on the other hand, maybe it would be best if he stuck with Japanese. Do you have any idea what the Japanese characters “VDE” translate into English? It sounds a little bit like one of those diseases that you should talk to your doctor about in the morning.

• Rasputin says:

Dear Daniel Wed, does Pal Smith sell sack curtains? I believe Sauceror might still waiting for the sack curtains which he promised to his borched mesom.

• The Sauceror says:

That’s a very good point, Rasputin. My borched mesom really does want it’s sack curtains as soon as possible. However, I have discovered that it’s possible to find sack curtains on any street corner for a dime a dozen. Unfortunately, my borched mesom will only accept hideous sack curtains which are almost impossible to find. I wonder if DanielWed worships the CD (Concrete Deity), since that is the only source of sack curtains which have enough hideousness to satisfy my borched mesom. Borched mesoms are so finicky! My borched mesom will accept nothing more — or of higher quality.

4. Orlando Turner says:

I agree with the message not being hateful or aggressive towards others beliefs and more an open invitation. I feel the message should pastalatize and seek to have others want to learn then join.

• Rasputin says:

An open invitation to feel the massage? Yes please.

5. glashiha says:

Разные видео ролики в отсутствии регистрации:
    здесь пребывает немало различного, увлекательного и нужного,
    смотрите безвозмездно видеороликов никак не угодившие в прочие группы,различные проблемы.

• Rasputin says:

Dear glashiha, Thankyou but I don’t have any electrical problems with my car right now.

6. moeny lender Singapore says:

Even at the cost of tens of millions to spend funds from abroad for the production of ultra-thin mobile phone sets shell of advanced equipment, products and lay a solid foundation for the victory of less than 0.7 mm slim phone protective shell of its R \u0026 D and selling in the market.

• Rasputin says:

Dear moeny lender Singapore, Google Translate did not help this time.

7. Renee says:

Please correct the spelling in Doug’s billboard that says “intellegent” science. Thank you.

• Rasputin says:

Dear Renee, you passed the test!

• Apprentice Frederic says:

….but “Intelligent Design” should say “Intellegent Design” …

• The Sauceror says:

Dear App Fred, by FSM, you are right. “Intellegent” is as intelligent as “Intellegent Design” ever gets. “Semi-intelligent design” deserves the correct spelling, since the FSM and pirates have discovered how to use spellcheck, which was quite an intelligent design.

• The Sauceror says:

Dear Renee, you’re one of us now. The FSM knew it all along. There’s no sense in denying it. Only a true pirette could see through the inherent, ironic, contradictory, embedded paradox in the billboard.

• Rasputin says: