1,824 Comments

I spent a while thinking (hate-mail)

Published June 14th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

I spent a while thinking of a good reply to this, without sounding like some sort of inbred hick or perhaps maybe to get your attention. However, I realize that there pretty much is no way for that to happen, if you put this in your hate-mail section, I’ll probably be mocked just as much as the next guy, who put the stupid comment about how you could never buy a pirate ship. I’m OK with that, I just wish people will actually think about what I have to say rather then ignorantly mocking what I believe personally. Whatever may happen, I don’t really mind, except that I cannot bring myself to be silent on this issue.

I am a Christian, whatever you may think about me, or absurd assumptions you may have about what I look like, think like, or speak like, realize this, I think all beliefs should be treated with equality. Atheism, Hindu, Buddhist, Christian, Muslim, Agonist, Voodoo, whatever, I don’t care, if you believe that you are correct, then you have every right in the world to believe that with all your heart, and nobody should force you to believe what they believe. Now I also believe in open criticism of any of these religions, meaning your Pastafarian view that openly mocks religion. However, it is also my right to criticize the criticism, meaning though while I believe it is your right to mock, harass, and generally make religious persons miserable, I don’t believe it is morally right.

Atheism is a belief just as much as Christianity. Say whatever you want about facts and how religion is stupid and all those who practice it are all idiots, but it still comes down to the fundamental truth that you must believe this to be more true over the other option. I am again, completely fine with that, and that is why I love America so much, because we CAN believe differently then one another, and still live peacefully (to a degree) together. However, mocking is not the right way to go about arguing your belief.
By the way, here is the definition of mocking:

1. Tease or laugh at in a scornful or contemptuous manner.

2. Make (something) seem laughably unreal or impossible.

To laugh at someone else’s belief that they dedicate their lives to is not funny or humorous, but I believe is rather childish and immature. This is the main reason why I would much rather sit down calmly with an atheist and have a rational discussion about each other’s beliefs, instead of smacking them in the face with a bible, and shouting how they are going to hell for not believing the undeniable truth that is the bible, or worse, calling their belief idiotic and getting my group of friends together and laughing and pointing in his face.

Of course there are people that do this, hence, you, and there will always be people like you. My job is try to convince you to be rational and discuss each others view points.

I could never put myself in your mindset and read this the same way through your eyes. To you, I just look like another idiot who took this seriously and decided to write a concerned letter and waste his time trying to teach you to be respectful, but the truth is, writing this helps me put my thoughts in order anyways.

If you do have one ounce of thought for my beliefs, at least view this letter with respect, and try to think about what I am thinking when I read this:

What I am thinking is that the joke has gone to far. Of course this letter asks for intelligent discussion, and that seems to have never existed in your website, so before I go, let my put it in your language.

Fuck you, and lay off religion asshole.

Sincerely,
Austin

1,824 Responses to “I spent a while thinking (hate-mail)”

1 8 9 10 11 12 65
  1. Veekey says:

Ok, I’ve read the mail and I’ve been reading these comments for the past 20 minutes, soaking up all the crap and all the hate that you all throw at each other like an angry monkey does to anyone passing by. My post may not be as “intelligent” (so to speak) as others that I have read but at least it makes sense and it is simple. To Austin,
    If you feel that all religions should be treated equally then treat them equally. Don’t waste your time writing ‘soft’ hate mail. Instead, why don’t you just talk to someone about it like you said a little further in your letter,
    “This is the main reason why I would much rather sit down calmly with an atheist and have a rational discussion about each other’s beliefs, instead of smacking them in the face with a bible, and shouting how they are going to hell for not believing the undeniable truth that is the bible…”
    I’m just saying that it’s a little pointless, if you follow a particular religion, to write hate mail to another religion, pretending that its not (hate mail).
    And to all the “Big Guy”s and the christians,
    Pastafarianism (in my mind) is supposed to be a fun and ridiculous religion. Who cares if it doesn’t make sense? To me christianity doesn’t make sense. I was previously (and possibly still am) an agnostic. But because Pastafarianism was so ridiculous and so funny I decided to become a part of it. It’s not a bad thing but sometimes the athiests or the agnostics who become Pastafarians just to piss off you christians take it a little too far. Not all of us are like that. My friends and I (some of which are christians) think that it is really funny. There are even christians who are also Pastafarians!
    So, if you think that this religion is just another piece of cult BS then thats your decision. But I don’t think that any of us (I’m probably wrong) go around, looking for christian websites and start posting hate mail or nasty comments about how christianity isn’t real and that whoever made it up was just straight-up coming up with things while he was doing some crack. I honestly don’t care about what christians (or any other religious people) think of Pastafarianism but seriously, stop wasting our time and yours.
    In the name of FSM,
    RAmen
    Veekey

2. Big Guy says:

It is rather funny. Biologists are those least likely to believe in creationism. Astrphysicists are those least likely to believe in a cosmic creator. Neuroscientists and neuropsychologists are those least likely to believe in soul/afterlife.
    Those who know their stuff best are least likely to believe the claims of religions. And that is everywhere you look.

• Big Guy says:

impostor you’ve finally left your childish spurious rebuffs behind or not?

• Big Guy says:

Imposotr why are you trying so hard to be me? What is the attraction?
        I am sure you are a closed gay. That explains your homophobic rants too.

3. Big Guy says:

@ Big Guy impostor

everything’s a hoax that doesn’t support your hatred of Christendom?

Scientist are at odds with religion because believing in divinity challenges there paradigm schooling.

The very first paragraph of Genesis provides basic scientific principals.
    Creating order from chaos creating light from darkness etc…

• Big Guy says:

Impostor if you hate scientists so much why do you troll the Internet?
      In case you forgot they invented it.

• wulff says:

Too bad those principals can’t hire spelling teachers.

• Big Guy says:

Nah, spelling is not something you learn when you “major in religious studies”, even if you IQ is 140.

• Spammyboy says:

So the people who would give their left rib to overturn the accepted wisdom have obviously been brainwashed. And what kind of spudiously odirous term is ‘paradigm schooling’? Such a shame that such a good word as paradigm should be used so often by people who don’t understand it and just want to sound clever…

• Big Guy says:

Doo knot arrgoo wit mee. Eye yam duh won andi onlee bugguy. U arr stoopid hayterz. Hayterz arr stoopid. Eye half spokane.

• Mal says:

It took me a good 2 or 3 minutes to stop laughing at that. Thanks.

• Gordon_UK says:

Big guy

“The very first paragraph of Genesis provides basic scientific principals.
      Creating order from chaos creating light from darkness etc…”

So where did the darkness come from (not to be confused with The Darkness, they come from Lowestoft) chaos for that matter, implies he didn’t create it does it not?

RAmen
      Gordon

• wulff says:

More to the point, exactly which scientific principles are involved here? One of the foremost scientific principles is that for a conclusion to be valid it must be repeatable. The scientific principle of evaporation says that if I heat a volume of water to 212-degrees, the water will boil and transform into steam. This will happen every time. I cannot put a flame under a pot of water and create ice.

So what is the scientific principle established by someone saying “Let there be light” and suddenly it’s just there?

4. Big Guy says:

@ Big Guy impostor

I participate because I will not go quietly into the night when sites like this one are spreading hatred for God.

Challenge me as you might, the truth be known I am winning. As is evident by how fast my posts are sent to gray purgatory. Once again tks for making the one & only Big Guy so viral popular.

Winning & remember noodle heads fsm aka bin Laden is dead and buried at sea so juts let it be fools…

• Big Guy says:

No, you are a hypocrite because you use the work of scientists while trashing scientists.
      And your English vocab sucks becuase you have no clue what “popular” means.
      And stop trying to be me, stand on your own two feet for a change.

• TiltedHorizon says:

I know you can’t go quietly into the night, your furious wankathons are likely very noisy. BTW, I shot god in the eye last week with a 45, he tried to sneak into my house like a thief in the night, I buried him at sea.

• Mal says:

I find it very difficult to hate something that I don’t believe exists.

Is that just me?

5. Big Guy says:

@ Big Guy impostor & what do think popular means?

popular… by virtue of being the most reviled poster who is sent to gray purgatory after being read of course.

hate the sin
    love the sinner

winning again

@ TH you are hiding a gay puppet master in your head come clean

• Big Guy says:

I didn’t know…gay activists are truly “popular” among crazy christians like me.

• TiltedHorizon says:

LOL. Big Wanker wants me to “cum clean”. I think he is suggesting immaculate ejaculation.

• Spammyboy says:

I’m going to invoke Poe’s law here, but with Biggy you never can tell

6. Big Guy says:

@ Big Guy impostor & TH double teaming me is what you two gay puppeteers are all about.

Your masturbatory references reveal sick minds…

• Big Guy says:

LOL!!!!!!

“double teaming me”.

What is that sound? Sounds like….. ewww, Biggie is yank’in the crank again.

7. Big Guy says:

@ Big Guy impostor

Irreverently salacious little boy. YEAH! You’re a little boy with a little mind & probably no significant other in his life be that person a woman or man you’re one lonely little boy pal…

Dream on you creep

• Big Guy says:

@ Big Guy impostor

OooOoo……

The real Big Guy loves salacious little boys. I love to visit them like a thief in the night.

• Big Guy says:

@ Big Guy Imposter #7

You odious, salcious, irreverent, chiding, mendacious, malignant, imposter creep, i’m sending the Google Police to your house. You will pay dearly for your odiousity and irreverency. i, Big Guy Imposter #5 have spoken. May the Lard tribulate you with stubbed toes and paper cuts. Now…back to Jerking for Jesus! Hallelujah.

• Big Guy says:

I belong to a team: “Jehovah’s Jerkers.” We are wining most Circle Jerk matches.

• puppygoogoo says:

@ Gib Yug,

There is a guy trying to start a program called “jerking for jesus, http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?p=345769. I really liked the comment by Rev Jim, “If I recall, Brother Rex came up with the term “Glory Hole” because the holes were meant to spread the Glory of Jesus Christ, right?” not in my town buddy….lol

puppygoogoo

• ET says:

You are aware that Landover Baptist is a satire website, right? :D
          They’re so good at it, it was quite confusing for me at first.

8. R.A. says:

Never before have I been so offended by a website! Yes I am a christian and I’m proud of it! I just found this and going through some of the hate mail and criticism’s I couldn’t agree more. Under no circumstances is it acceptable to mock other people’s beliefs, no matter how much ‘evidence’ you may think you have. I really do hope that god does give you a chance to see the truth and embrace him before its too late. I know I shouldn’t get this worked up but
    you must realize that making a religion based on the hatred of another religion is just not right! I urge you to give this up!

Yours sincerely,
    Rick

• puppygoogoo says:

Rick,

Never before have I been so offended by a ‘religion’! Yes I am a Pastafarian and I’m proud of it! I just found this and going through some of the hate mail and criticism’s I couldn’t agree more. Under no circumstances is it acceptable to mock other people’s beliefs, no matter how much ‘evidence’ you may think you have. I really do hope that the FSM does give you a chance to see the truth and embrace him before its too late. I know I shouldn’t get this worked up but you must realize that making a religion based on the hatred of another religion is just not right! I urge you to give this ‘religion’ up!

puppygoogoo

• Omnipotent Zombie says:

R.A.- have you fully examined the website? You seem fixated on the hatemail only. Did you read the article about the athiest who raised money in order to repair the vandalism that occured at a church? You should also read the “About” Tab, where it explains the purpose of the website.
      “we are not anti-religion, we are anti- crazy nonsense done in the name of religion. There is a big difference. Our ideal is to scrutinize ideas and actions but ignore general labels.”-from the “About” Tab

Secondly, I imagine much your reaction is caused by the interactions between us and a certain web troll who goes under the moniker “Big Guy”. R.A. you must also come to understand that this website is akin to a “church” for us Pastafarians. How would you feel if someone came to your church on a sunday morning and started mocking your beliefs and making slanderous statements about its members? That is why there are heated responses being flung about.

R.A. even though you are a bit confused in the purpose of the website and Pastafariansim, you seem like a nice person and i hope you come back.

• stylusmobilus says:

Want another tissue?

• Midnight Rider says:

Quit mocking the FSM religion! These fundies offend me so! I really do hope the FSM does give you a chance to see his truth. haha. Repent soon and let the FSM into your life! All you have to do is close your eyes and say, “Oh, wonderful Flying Spaghetti Monster, I am but of little faith. Show me your holy meatballs, your noodley appendages, and your sauce. For the FSM so loved the world he gave his only begotten Chef, Boyardi that whoever might eat that greasy concoction would not live on earth much longer, but would indeed have everlasting life at the beer volcano and stripper factory.

Ramen.

• theFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

R.A., why do religions get a free pass? Have you not criticized any other people’s taste in clothes, music, food, choice of partner, etc? Why is only religion protected (often by DEATH)?

Why are you so proud to be a Christian? Let me guess – it wasn’t your choice; you were born into it.
      Why are people proud to be Greek or Somolaian or Russian, when they had no choice? Had you been born in Jordan, you’d probably be glad to be Muslim. Young people born in Scandanavia today have an excellent chance to be proud to be atheists.

• Spammyboy says:

I was born into an atheist family, so I am atheist. I’m not going to pretend there’s any other reason I started being an atheist, but all around me there are reasons I CONTINUE being an atheist.

• Gordon_UK says:

RA, I’m sure the Jews felt the same when your Christianity was invested.

1 8 9 10 11 12 65