1,939 Comments

I spent a while thinking (hate-mail)

Published June 14th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

I spent a while thinking of a good reply to this, without sounding like some sort of inbred hick or perhaps maybe to get your attention. However, I realize that there pretty much is no way for that to happen, if you put this in your hate-mail section, I’ll probably be mocked just as much as the next guy, who put the stupid comment about how you could never buy a pirate ship. I’m OK with that, I just wish people will actually think about what I have to say rather then ignorantly mocking what I believe personally. Whatever may happen, I don’t really mind, except that I cannot bring myself to be silent on this issue.

I am a Christian, whatever you may think about me, or absurd assumptions you may have about what I look like, think like, or speak like, realize this, I think all beliefs should be treated with equality. Atheism, Hindu, Buddhist, Christian, Muslim, Agonist, Voodoo, whatever, I don’t care, if you believe that you are correct, then you have every right in the world to believe that with all your heart, and nobody should force you to believe what they believe. Now I also believe in open criticism of any of these religions, meaning your Pastafarian view that openly mocks religion. However, it is also my right to criticize the criticism, meaning though while I believe it is your right to mock, harass, and generally make religious persons miserable, I don’t believe it is morally right.

Atheism is a belief just as much as Christianity. Say whatever you want about facts and how religion is stupid and all those who practice it are all idiots, but it still comes down to the fundamental truth that you must believe this to be more true over the other option. I am again, completely fine with that, and that is why I love America so much, because we CAN believe differently then one another, and still live peacefully (to a degree) together. However, mocking is not the right way to go about arguing your belief.
By the way, here is the definition of mocking:

1. Tease or laugh at in a scornful or contemptuous manner.

2. Make (something) seem laughably unreal or impossible.

To laugh at someone else’s belief that they dedicate their lives to is not funny or humorous, but I believe is rather childish and immature. This is the main reason why I would much rather sit down calmly with an atheist and have a rational discussion about each other’s beliefs, instead of smacking them in the face with a bible, and shouting how they are going to hell for not believing the undeniable truth that is the bible, or worse, calling their belief idiotic and getting my group of friends together and laughing and pointing in his face.

Of course there are people that do this, hence, you, and there will always be people like you. My job is try to convince you to be rational and discuss each others view points.

I could never put myself in your mindset and read this the same way through your eyes. To you, I just look like another idiot who took this seriously and decided to write a concerned letter and waste his time trying to teach you to be respectful, but the truth is, writing this helps me put my thoughts in order anyways.

If you do have one ounce of thought for my beliefs, at least view this letter with respect, and try to think about what I am thinking when I read this:

What I am thinking is that the joke has gone to far. Of course this letter asks for intelligent discussion, and that seems to have never existed in your website, so before I go, let my put it in your language.

Fuck you, and lay off religion asshole.

Sincerely,
Austin

1,939 Responses to “I spent a while thinking (hate-mail)”

1 68 69 70
  1. Excelsior says:

Dear Rasputin,
    Are you related to this Putin guy? Why did he take the “Ras” off his name? I hear that his sex power is greater than yours. He can take care of 20 girls and go to a meeting right afterwards! If you could sign him up for our Church the female population would go up 20%.

• Rasputin says:

Putin is jealous, hence his attempt to imitate me.

• Excelsior says:

I see! That explains everything. Pastafarians are the best of them all! Ramen!

• Keith says:

Putin has sex with bears: the animal Ursidae.

2. DAve says:

I think that the “Fuck You” bit is the most compelling part of the argument.

3. Andrew says:

“Fuck you, and lay off religion asshole.”

Very godlike, fucking hypocrite.

4. Saint Gnocchi says:

Dear Andrew, I don’t know to whom you were responding when you told him/here’s/them : “F-you.” I understood your advice to include me as well, so I duly went off to get F-ed. It was lovely! I always enjoy this pastime, and you? Thanks for the advice, much appreciated. F-you too and have a good day.

• Rasputin says:

Good response, St. G.

• The Sauceror says:

Dear St. G. and Rasputin, after reading Andrew’s comment, I scrolled to the top of the page and discovered that the “F*ck you” statement was a reaction to the letter above. It may only be my own interpretation, but I was under the impression that Andrew’s comment was merely a response to our old friend Austin, not to us Pirates. The “f*cking hypocrite” was the ‘austintatious’, self-righteous Austin who was preaching to us about our atheistic beliefs. If so, then Andrew is quite innocent until proven otherwise. If you scroll up to the letter and disagree with this assessment, let me know, because I’m quite willing to be proven wrong. It can often be very easy to misinterpret comments, particularly when the commentor provides no point of reference. Of course, Andrew is also welcome to make a defense on his own behalf. Pasta.

5. Saint Gnocchi says:

Dear Saucerer, Thank you for pointing out this (possible) mistake on my part. I certainly will apologise to Andrew if he picks up (and responds) on this forum to our recent conversation. That is, of course, if as you’ve said, I have indeed misread things. However, whomever it was that posted the culprit message, it was good advice since I’m in study-mode (again!) The advised F-ing is a wonderful way to take a break from the rigours of hours of sitting at my desk. It’s an excellent way of stretching the limbs and keeping the circulation going. No more boring breaks by taking a quick brisk walk around the block in order to re-oxiginate me brain cells! From me, then, FSM- approved blessings on you all whilst I, poor sod, slave away at yet another assignment.

6. 前海高新国际医疗孵化平台 says:

3D打印或许可以实现”定制”的极致梦想,但它毕竟距离我们还有点儿遥远。服装、家居等则不同于电子、高科技行业,消费者反客为主的程度令人吃惊。对此,绰约服装有限公司总经理张伟 深有感触,他说,鉴于服装的生产特点,高端客户比较容易参与到整体流程的每个环节。服装可以完全按照客户的个性化需求来定制,技术高超的设计师与客户充分沟通后,了解了他们的需求和身材特点,再发挥奇思妙想的设计才华,一件独一无二、顾客专有的礼服便诞生了。

• Rasputin says:

Dear &%^”)+!$”*&, don’t worry. A rash of that kind won’t make your willy fall off. Or did my Google Translate misunderstand?

• Keith says:

It’s about printing and it’s in Chinese.

• The Sauceror says:

Is that the instruction manual for my stone-age computer for how to read and insert the phaistos disc?

• Keith says:

No, it’s instructions for reading Dropa language.

7. Rasputin says:

No wonder he’s got a rash if he’s printing with it.

• The Sauceror says:

My leg-less parrot, Bosun, says that it is a rash of craptep.

1 68 69 70