190850 Views

On The Eve Of The Rapture

Published May 21st, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

. . . as i gazed upon the octopodes
consorting in the waves
i saw between their writhing toes
the one who us has saved.

-Alexis

81 Responses to “On The Eve Of The Rapture”

1. threonin says:

Is it just me or is the site getting slower?
    Bet someone’s using automated scripts to spam the threads with bible texts.

• threonin says:

It’s getting more and more suspicious if a certain someone really is nothing but an automated script.
      Maybe Captcha would help.
      Even if he wasn’t I doubt that he’d be able to pass the turing test.

2. Big Guy says:

Godless Atheists Poison Society:

Of course, it’s not just the children who are be threatened by the godless atheist menace, it’s all of society. Godless atheists are driving God out of the public square, out of government, and out of every place else in American culture. The fact that God either never was or never really belonged in these places isn’t addressed. Instead, all that matters is that atheists are undermining what it means to be an American and undermining America itself.

fr: the one & only Big Guy

• JK says:

oh well, what’s so good about america anyway?

• threonin says:

Is that post ironic or not?
      After all your saying that god doesn’t belong anywhere, I totally agree on this point.

• Baby RAmen says:

How are we undermining America? America was founded on the principle of; Freedom of religion and Freedom from religion. America was founded because of the religious persecution faced by Christians in England. Now you guys are turning around doing the exact same thing to everyone else! Also, religion and government are SUPPOSED to be separate.

• tekHedd says:

Still feeding trolls, I see.

• Matiir says:

Personally I find that children are more threatened by religion and the stigma of discarding it then the ones who are able to choose their own path. I know personally I went through many years of self loathing because I thought I HAD to believe in god when I didn’t, fearing that my family would disown me for having contrary opinions; luckily my family is one that actually follows jesus in the judge not category. Since I have stopped fighting my own rational mind I have been at peace with myself and am finally able to move on. Also were I to have a child I would make it known that whatever they decide be it christianity buddhism atheism whatever they will not be judged on it, so that my child may have a better time of it then I did! (of course I would hope that they would discuss such things with me as I do want them to be informed)

3. Midnight Rider says:

That 1200 post either wasn’t our real and true Big Guy or else he’s been drinking again. His post contradicted itself.

• Big Guy says:

WHAT!?! Your odious and blasphemous vitriolic comments will never be forgiven by the holy trinity (also know as a Ménage à trois).

That post from not the real me was taken from here: http://atheism.about.com/od/godlessamericaamericans/p/ConspiracyGod.htm

When read in context it makes much more sense, so says I, the real Big Man.

• Big Guy says:

I forgot to insert in that cut-and-paste Sunday School version of Sodom that the men outside Lot’s door wanted to “know” the angels (in the biblical sense of the word). To occupy their evil lewd and lascivicious desires, Lot offered to send out his virgin daughters for the crowd to screw and otherwise sexually abuse. What a nice gesture for a loving father!

• threonin says:

thanks a lot for this great article, it explains so much!

4. Captain says:

Darn I was really hoping that the rapture would happen. I could do without the obnoxious religious people. I was also hoping that Big Guy would get zapped so he doesn’t muck up our nice website with his religious ramblings. Oh well maybe next time.

• stylusmobilus says:

Who knows, it might have happened to him for real, but I’m kinda thinking if it did he’d be mistaking it for the force of a rising sewer main.

5. stylusmobilus says:

Well how disappointing. All that waiting and no show. Can I get a refund?

6. Frog says:

We celebrated the non-apocalypse by attending a wine tasting. Coincidence? I think not:

7. Logalmier says:

You guys are like a troll feeding ground… :P

8. Omnipotent Zombie says:

This is getting redundant, but please don’t respond to Big Guy. Likewise, impersonating him is just giving him more of the attention he relishes. i am no longer amused by his mental flatulence and the sooner he stops posting, the better.

ps: sorry for being stern: for this, i will punish myself with some take-out spaghetti and some ale.