Certificates of Ordination

Published May 9th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

Update — The ordination certificates have been redesigned

Ordination certificates are just $20 and include domestic shipping. $30 for international. Check out more photos on the order page here.

172 Responses to “Certificates of Ordination”

1. Leanna says:

In all seriousness, could someone ordained perform a marriage? I would like this to happen.

• Devout Heathen says:

As I understand it, they can, but. The marriage will not have any legal status. Many years ago, two of my friends who are pagans, were handfasted by a proper bona fide priestess in a very interesting ceremony. However, in order to render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s, they had to break out to the registry office, and there get legally married. Which they did, and the feasting lasted until the next morning.

• Bobby Henderson says:

Yes – but it varies from place to place the requirements to get a license to perform marriages. Usually it’s no big deal, just a few papers to fill out at your city clerk office.

2. Seeking Ordination To The Priesthood? says:

The offices of Arcbishops, bishops, priests and deacons within the Orthodox Christian Dicipleship Ministries exist for the service of the faithful in providing them with spiritual guidance and support, as well as in the celebration of the liturgy and the sacraments and other functions pertaining to those ordained to holy orders.

• Keith says:

Looks like K-Tel is branching into selling religion (all inclusive ordination package, eh? What? You want more?) http://orthodoxcdm.weebly.com/ordination.html. And here I was thinking that Archbishops, bishops etc. only exist for the power, the authority over everyday drones, the funny clothes and a job where they only have to work on Sunday.

3. John says:

does anyone know if there is an age limit?

• noname says:

I hope not, although I havent bought one, I hope to and I am still only a teenager

4. Ryan says:

Just ordered mine, I am assuming it is sent to the billing address?

5. Nigel says:

Just ordered mine, will I be able to call myself rev. (insert name here) ? Is there a list of ordained ministers that can be looked up on the web?

6. Jaclyn says:

My brother is an ordained minister with this church. In order to wed me and my fiance, he needs a letter of good standing, which you said you’d be happy to provide. Could you please tell me what information you need from me in order to get the letter? Please and Thank you

• Bobby Henderson says:

No problem — just sent.

7. Jennifer says:

My husband and I were excited that our ordination certificates came in this week. We are now officially Father Fettuccine and Mama Manicotti. We hope that everyone shall one day be touched by his noodlely appendage.

8. Kevin says:

I would need a letter of good standing in order to wed. Would it be possible to get one here? Thanks!