Awkward Billboard is Awkward

Published May 22nd, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

Billboard placed in Greensboro, North Carolina after Rapture fails to show.

Does anyone know the story on this billboard? It almost looks like a moderate Christian group mocking the Rapture sect for their extreme views.

What I am wondering is this: when the world did not end, did it cause anyone to become more rational? Or will the Doomsdayers become stronger believers (as sometimes happens in cults) – and more importantly, do moderate Christians feel their interpretation of the bible has been validated?

197 Responses to “Awkward Billboard is Awkward”

1. younger says:

So…was this like a dry run for the big one on Dec.21,2012? Because I’m sure the Mayans using the stars and slave entrials 1000 years ago. Could still get a more accurate date than some guy with a bible and a dollar store calculator.

• Matiir says:

I don’t think the rapturists(?) are for the dec 21st thing they seem to be putting their rapture first. Its almost like a rapture war lol

2. wulff says:

So now, according to this guy, the judgmenT has already happened. So all those devout x-tians out there are free to do whatever they want for the next 5 months, because goD’s already decided who’s going where.

• tekHedd says:

I still say he’s right… he’s off by about 2000 years. The rapture happened in about 35AD. All that stuff in Revelation about the world ending was written much later and is generally wrong.

• TiltedHorizon says:

You have to love ‘faith’, it means you never have to say sorry or bear the weight of being wrong. On a side note, does anyone know which bridges or buildings he built during his time as a civil engineer? Seeing how well his bible math worked out I’d like to plot a course around any structure his math was applied to.

• stylusmobilus says:

Comment from Scott B on the link page

INSTALLING RAPTURE.
      ███████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 44% DONE.
      Install delayed….please wait.
      Installation failed. Please try again. 404 error: Rapture not found.
      EVENT “Rapture” cannot be located. The rapture you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

Hahahahahaha

• Randy says:

OMFSM! Thanks for making me spit my coffee all over the keyboard. Funny shit!

3. Will says:

In my opinion, Christians like the ones with this billboard, are ones who fear their Bible being disproved. They gun down any ounce of evidence that the Bible has to prove itself because down in their heart they KNOW that God will never reveal himself as he did in the Bible’s stories.

4. Passing Stranger says:

I have been following with interest the interactions within this form, sorry forum and decided to do some investigations into the extent of religiosity in the world today. In order to guage said levels, I sent copies of the Bible to several individuals, real and imaginary, alive and dead and both intelligent and dumb, and asked them to review it; below is a selection of their replies. Any conclusions to be drawn you must draw for yourself.

“…a cracking read, but I preferred the film…”
    Charlton Heston

”…not as good as ‘Lord of the Rings’…”
    JRR Tolkien

“….less believable than ‘Lord of the Rings’…”
    Prof. Richard Hawkings

“….I haven’t read it, but just stroking the cover gives me a stiffy….”
    Big Guy, Mulletville, USA

“…once I put it down I couldn’t pick it up again…”
    Rev Toni Rigatoni (CoFSM)

“…the best workshop manual for the pre ’69 Mustang on the market today….”
    Papa BENEDICTUS Sextus Decimus

“…sorry, wrong review, should have read ’post 69 Camaro’…”
    Papa BENEDICTUS Sextus Decimus

“…I’ve already read it, now go away I’m trying to work on some math…”
    Harold Camping

“…at last, proof positive that tides DO exist…”
    Bill O’Rielly

“…who the fuck wrote this pile of shit?…”
    Yahweh

Yours in Pasta,
    Passing Stranger.

• lolhoofd says:

LOL thx for the laugh!
      @
      “….I haven’t read it, but just stroking the cover gives me a stiffy….”
      Big Guy, Mulletville, USA

• younger says:

“……Perfect! just the right size to level out this here table leg….”
      George W. Bush

5. Big Guy says:

The only saving grace in this end of the world scare is ignorant atheist are now acutely aware of the rapture & it‘s implications. Rest assured it will all happen soon enough. Barack seems to be enjoying his role as peace maker or the antichrist. He just has to sign the 7 year middle east peace accord and watch the building of Solomon’s temple on the Rock of the Dome and we’ll be there.

from the one & only Big Guy

• Big Guy says:

Yes, you ignorant pasta athiests, better wake up and get yerselves saved. Otherwise when the Rupture happens you will be left behind in God’s dung-pile. Doomed to spend eternity roasting in hell. Doomed, doomed, doomed i say. How I’ll love it when Victory is mine.

Bin Laden, aka the FSM is dead, shot in the eye and buried in the oshun. This is all very logical…it is part of God’s plan, including Lady Gaga…ooooo, that reminds me, i’d like to ride your disco stick.

I am the real Big Guy. Who else can write so well while wanking.

• Big Guy says:

Imposter Alert: the post at 5:06 PM was made by one of my spaghetti-idiot detractors.

Uh huh, Barack is definitely the antipasta. He will piss in your beer volcano and shut down your stripper factory. Look in a mirror, pasta fools, you will see 666 branded on your forehead. Th1s branding just took place miraculusly about a minute ago. It is another part of God’s plan to make you suffer, but always bear in mind that he loves you.

I am The “REAL” Big Guy, or another clone. All Big Guys are indistinguishable with IQ’s of 140 (in the aggregate). See those big words? they prove my exemplary (oooo…another big word) intelligence.

• Big Guy says:

Anyone can cut and paste.

Clone #4

• Big Guy says:

Impostor you proven yourself once again to be a little man with a tiny rude mouth among other things…

keep posting as me together we’ll take over this form, I’m loving it… winning…

• TiltedHorizon says:

Help GOOGLE POLICE!!! IT’S THE IMPOSTER @ 5:46 PM!!

IMPOSTER! You proven yourself once again to be a little man with a tiny rude mouth and small penis among other things. (I still love you thought, wank, wank, wank) The Lard will never forgive this grievous theft of my form identity, the holy trinity, also know as the Holy Ménage à trois (man on man of course, nothing is too ‘big’ for the Real Big Man) will never forgive this blasphemy. I shall wank HARD over the image of the Lard beating and buttering your devil buns (dang it, WANK, WANK!!!!) I think I just ‘won’ all over my keyboard… steamy creamy vengeance is mine…. You will all remember me my name: The WANKER…. err…. I mean ‘Big Man’!

• TiltedHorizon says:

I’ll take a bow now.

• Matiir says:

Well played Tilted well played

• Big Guy says:

Tilted Horizon, i have your number you heathen, pasta-eating, mutha-grabbin’, peace of shit. You will suffer for eternity on satin’s barbecue rack. i know that i’m definitly wining my struggle to overthrow you pasta-infidels. i’m so confident of my cumming Victory that i ask God to strike me dead if i’m not his number-one boy. (*ominous sound of thunder getting closer, Thor enters stage right*) Oh crap, looks like i was rooting for the wrong god. (*A flash of light and the smell of burning flesh followed by darkness*)

• wulff says:

Bravo, TH! Bravo!

• Google Police says:

I have now disabled the accounts of four Big Guy impostors.

DO NOT force me to limit your internets use even farther!

• Big Guy says:

Thanks Google Police for responding to my pitiful call for help. I feel like i’ve been raped by the spaghetti identity thieves (Raped! oooo…here i go again. (wank, wank, wank, wank)

• Google Police says:

You’re welcome, real Big Guy.

Keep up the good wank.

6. Big Guy says:

Israel is on the Antichrist’s menu, Obama will usher in the rebuilding of the temple mount on the dome of the rock by declaring the pre 67 borders be returned to. Israel will not have any of it it will end with the temple being rebuilt in 7 days as prophesied ushering in the final world conflict the Apocalypse…The pieces fit together as they were destined to and there’s absolutely nothing we can do to stop it… Watch carefully be aware…

• stylusmobilus says:

‘The pieces fit together as they were destined to’…I know, that’s the beauty of Lego.

• Google Police says:

The real Big Guy would NEVER cut and paste! This was posted by the imposter!

YOU ARE UNDER GOOGLE ARREST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By order of GP.

• Bigslicka says:

FYI, the word apocalypse is from the Greek meaning lifting of a veil. Not the end of all things as some would try and preach.

• Brian Fritzen says:

Odd how the “ending of all things” and “lifting a veil” (as in when you get married) are synonyms! (Well, at least for Christians and their 50% Divorce rate they are trying to protect from teh homosectuals.)

• Bigslicka says:

PREACH BROTHER BRIAN, PREACH!!!!!

7. Big Guy says:

@ Big Guy impostor: May 25, 2011 at 5:57 PM
    “Yes, we make a great comedy act. Thank you for playing straight man. Show us that 140 IQ at work!”

Your mining a dangerous game implying you work with me imposter. You’ve revealed yourself as a coward & more now get ready to face the music…bitch

• Google Police says:

TWEEEEEEET! I arrest you, Big Guy impostor, in the Name of Google Law!

CEASE! Or I shall cancel your account!

8. Wattie says:

Is it just me… Is someone’s guitar case getting a roasting in that poster? Is this something that musicians should be told about.

Will I be okay if I play the banjo?