207770 Views

Awkward Billboard is Awkward

Published May 22nd, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

Billboard placed in Greensboro, North Carolina after Rapture fails to show.

Does anyone know the story on this billboard? It almost looks like a moderate Christian group mocking the Rapture sect for their extreme views.

What I am wondering is this: when the world did not end, did it cause anyone to become more rational? Or will the Doomsdayers become stronger believers (as sometimes happens in cults) – and more importantly, do moderate Christians feel their interpretation of the bible has been validated?

197 Responses to “Awkward Billboard is Awkward”

1. Big Guy says:

Is Atheism Destroying the USA Unknowingly?
    My scientific proof of God causes me to ask whether atheism is destroying the USA as a result of its own ignorance. I am asking this question because many Americans today are born as atheists or become atheists after they enter the workplace and are lured away from God. These new atheists have raised the number of atheists to about 15% of the total population. But, very few hard workers (blue collar workers) are atheists. Instead, most atheists are intellectuals who attended a college or university. Many of these higher educational systems are nonsectarian and thus do not offer courses on the theory of God because the theory of God is equated incorrectly to the field of religion. So, it is at ignorant colleges and universities that a student can become an atheist. Only very intelligent students know that God is a theory of science and that religions are merely the practices of specific theories of God. So, colleges and universities can offer courses on the theory of God while simultaneously claiming to be nonsectarian. Theology, the study of God, must become a course in science in every college and university. This course will help to prevent atheism from unknowingly destroying the USA.

To prevent the fall of the USA from the ignorant activities of atheism, all sciences must be reformed so that real sciences, rather than pseudo sciences, are developed. Today, only the physical sciences are developing real sciences based on the scientific method of proof. These real sciences describe physical and chemical laws that support life on a planet. But, physicists became atheists when, like evolutionists, they claim that they will prove physical laws of the infinitely large (cosmology) and prove physical laws of the infinitely small (atoms). My proof of God says that these claims and evolutionary theory are false and can lead to the fall of the USA.
    Going beyond the physical sciences, proven laws cannot be found. For instance, the social sciences are still seeking their first law of nature. They can’t find any because social laws are laws of life, which are governed by God. The same it true for all other life sciences such as economic science, political science, medical care, etc. So, to prevent atheism from destroying the USA unknowingly, reforms are required in all sciences. For instance, it is time to reform the medical care system by developing a proven science that prevents cancer and cures our cancer patients.

• Big Guy says:

Btw, I took this entire post from here: http://georgeshollenberger.blogspot.com/2006/08/is-atheism-destroying-usa-unknowingly.html

I explain this since I am obviously trying to plagiarize it as my own. Considering I have a 140 IQ I really have no excuse, may the Lard forgive me.

• Big Guy says:

I love cutting and pasting. It frees me to spend more time wanking. I could write pseudointellectshul stuff like this because the Lard gave me an IQ of 140, but why shouid I when others have expressed my devine thoughts for me.

• theFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

Scientific proof of God? Please enlighten us. CC Steve Hawking on that one.

What really intrigued me was your phrase “lured away from God”.
      To me, that’s like modern psychiatry “luring” people away from their own seperate realities,
      or drunks being “lured” away from alcohol,
      or career criminals being “lured” away from their chose profession.

“To prevent the fall of the USA from the ignorant activities of atheism, all sciences must be reformed so that real sciences, rather than pseudo sciences, are developed”.
      We’re going back to the Dark Ages, people! If Big Dummy gets his way, they’ll be testing witches using the “float or sink” test, and pulling out fingernails of amateur astronomers for claiming the earth is turning.

Big Guy, what color is the sky in your world? And how do you manage to type wearing a straight jacket?

• Asker says:

How is Atheism destroying America?

And please tell us this scientific evidence you have of God…

Oh, and this too please “My proof of God says that these claims and evolutionary theory are false and can lead to the fall of the USA”

I’d be interested in ANY proof to either of this statements.

• Jooby says:

I am a Christian and I think you are very stupid. There is NO scientific proof for or against God.

I should also add that I also accept that evolution as a FACT. There is too much scientific evidence that supports it to not accept is as fact. What I have learned when I was growing up that religion explains why things happen and science explains how. I also learned that the bible isn’t the word of God, but the inspired word of God, and if it was written in our times, it would be way different.

• TiltedHorizon says:

“I am a Christian and I think you are very stupid.”

Yep, you most certainly are Christian. Only a loving Christian would open with “I think you are very stupid”. What a way to represent your faith.

I suggest you revisit your bible, specifically the NT, but I guess you think JC was full of shit when he told your kind to love your enemy.

• TiltedHorizon says:

Crap, I misread your post and answered in haste. I apologize Jooby.

• Brennana says:

Heyyyyy! Long time no see Big Guy. I really thought you’d fucked off and sent ur racist ass out of here. Don’t start again Big Guy, no one gives a shit what you say. Your just comment spamming.

2. Big Guy says:

waiting for my impostor to post FYI…Google police are watching this site so thread carefully.

Moderator Bobby you should be ashamed for allowing my identity to be stolen by this impostor.

How can this form be a free exchange of opinions if you shutdown everybody who disagrees with your edict?
    Your entire FSM site is jeopardized by your failure to act.

FSM aka bin Laden is dead & buried at sea & only Jesus can rise from the grave…

• Big Guy says:

Since I have a 140 IQ I may need to expound on my statement.

By inferring ‘free’, I mean that I am ‘free’ to plagiarize other people’s thoughts and pass them off as my own via cutting and pasting without credit or citation. I am also free to perform drive-by styled posts while I wank off on the attention.

By ‘exchange’, I of course mean, to not provide something of equal value as I am only here to be a thorn, contributing nothing in terms of original thought nor is it my intention to provide any useful arguments supporting my beliefs or that of Christianity.

By ‘opinions’, I mean, anything that I plagiarize (see ‘free’) for the sole purpose of giving myself something to wank off on.

By ‘shutdown everybody’, I mean, just me since you clearly took no issue with Ray who is obviously not a real christian.

By ‘disagrees’, I mean, you are interfering with my right to be a worthless human being by trying to stop me from stopping you.

So says I, the Real Big Man.

3. Big Guy says:

The Google police are breathing down your neck, you filthy pastafarian imposter. So you better thread reely litely. As for you Bobby Henderson, the Google cops will stick you with a stiff fine (oooo, that combination of words is erotic…wank, wank, wank). Bin Laden was shot in the eye and buried at sea, so he can’t help you. You pastafarians will all suffer the wrath of the Lard and very soon. I the reel Big Guy have spoken.

4. B. Guy says:

Will you two big guy impersonators please stop pretending to be me, I find it offensive and hurtful that my identity should be stolen for the pursuit of such drivel. You are both wrong and will surely burn in the fires of hell, you unworthy, unsaved souls. I will enjoy watching you both screaming in pain as the the fires of a just and loving God devour you slowly and painfully.

May God’s love be with you both,

Pastor B. Guy,

Landover Baptists.

• Big Guy says:

Another imposter has spoken. Being a devotee of S&M, i will reely get off watching you turning on the spit as your asses are roasted in the fires of hell. You will scream out in pain as God administurs his devine Love. You are lucky He is a just God; think what He would do to you if He was a capricious, jealous, hateful God.

• Big Guy says:

IMPOSTER ALERT @ 9:57 & 10:18.

That is IT!! I have tried to no avail to show you the Lard’s love by belittling, mocking, and otherwise keeping you informed of your general worthlessness but yet you persist in these devilish pursuits.

I’m calling the Lardinator! The embodiment of the Lard’s all encompassing wrath, he is coming to you now, any minute now, any second, almost here, it will be soon you will see, in 3……. 2…………. 1 3/4 ……. get ready he is coming…… 1 2/4….. bet your scared now….. 1 1/4…… wishing you were nicer to me now I bet…… 1….. vengeance will be mine……. umm…. it’s not too late…… ah….um…. nevermind. Being the good Christian that I am I have called off the hit, you are soo lucky cause next time, there will be no next time.

In the meantime, since I am the real Big Man, a joke:

Jesus came upon a small crowd who had surrounded a young woman they believed to be an adulteress. They were preparing to stone her to death.

To calm the situation, Jesus said: “Whoever is without sin among you, let them cast the first stone.”

Suddenly, an old lady at the back of the crowd picked up a huge rock and lobbed it at the young woman, scoring a direct hit on her head. The unfortunate young lady collapsed dead on the spot.

Jesus looked over towards the old lady and said: “Do you know, Mother, sometimes you really piss me off.”

• Big Guy says:

There’s another example of sacriligus, sick, humor. A joke like that is enough to land the teller in hell for all eternity. You pasta heads are just asking for it! Don’t say i didn’t warn you. First you demean God and Jesus and now The Virgin Mary. Is there no end to your heathen disrespect? Just because i am gay doesn’t mean i won’t continue this battle for the Lard. Onward Christian Soldiers.

• B. Guy says:

He is, unless you’re a baptist of course. I’m going in the rapture on May 21.2 and you unsaved heathens will be left behind to get on with your lives without the benefit of the advice that we true christians are only to happy to impart to you – whether you want it or not. No longer will you godless fools have the guidence you need to live good and moral lives, your political leaders will no longer be able to make world changing decisions based on faith and your heathen children will have to endure endless lessons of nothing but science and learning the words of that antichrist Charles Darwin…. Who’ll be laughing then?

• Big Guy says:

Imposter! The bell tolls for thee…. speaking of bells, this joke always give me wood for reasons I don’t understand.

Twelve priests were about to be ordained. The final test was for them to line up in a straight row, totally naked, while a beautiful, big-breasted nude model danced before them.

Each priest had a small bell attached to his penis. They were told that anyone whose bell rang when the nude model danced in front of them would not be ordained, because he had not reached a state of spiritual purity.

The beautiful model danced before the first candidate, with no reaction. She proceeded down the line with the same response from all the priests until she got to the final priest.

As she danced, his bell began to ring so loudly that it flew off and fell clattering to the ground. Embarrassed, he took a few steps forward and bent over to pick up the bell…

Then all the other bells started to ring.

• theFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

I’m not convinced there are Pastafarians posing as Big Guy. He is so bat-shit crazy it may be his multiple personalities are having an argument.

• Slurreydude says:

I think you’re right Marinara, and it’s giving me a headache.

Olde Troll is Olde

• TiltedHorizon says:

I have to admit, I think the split personalities are funny. Granted I may be alone in that thought.

• Brian Fritzen says:

You have me rolling! I have to stop because I am crying from laughing so hard. Thank you for the brevity.

• Hucklesberries says:

….and salsa with you!

• Brennana says:

I lost count on which 1 was the real Big Guy. One thing i can say 2 tht: Fuck Him. Asshole. They can impersonate Big Guy all they want. As long as it makes Big Guy wail like a baby then its fine with me.

I hate u Big Guy,
        RAmen

• spammyboy says:

I think I started this trend…

• cadbrowser says:

Dare I say it…

Would the real Big Guy please stand up?

• The GOOGLE POLICE says:

Cadbrowser, there’s no longer a real Big Guy. We apprehended him, shot him when he resisted arrest, and buried him at sea alongside Osama bin Laden. R.I.P. odious troll!

• Drained and Washed Clean says:

HA!! :)

5. The Count of Antichristo says:

We will not only be laughing, we will be celebrating the departure of dogmatic doomsayers like you with mugs of grog and heaping plates of pasta.

6. Ohio Pirate says:

Well done my brothers and sisters of the FSM faith! This is by far one of the funniest threads I have ever read here. The constant masturbation innuendos and narcissistic insinuations of “Big Guy” had me rolling for hours!
    Thank you all for your cleverness and wit!

RAmen!

• Big Guy says:

So, Ohio Pirate, you think what these pasta heads have done is cleverness and wit? Falsely using my name is a heathen act, and the Lard will punish these infidels. Since you think its so funny, you to will suffer in the flames and fumes of hell, pirate boy. You’re ass will roast on Satin’s barbecue. Oooo…ass, that turns me on to think of all those hot asses in hell.

7. likes_ramen says:

You know, I guess I actually feel kinda bad for the people that really believed it would happen. Even the guy who started all of it. The billboard is funny and good-natured really and making simple jokes among friends about is ok I guess; but I’d really hate it if everyone started pointing fingers at a 89 year old man. Or if we started kicking people that are already down. I mean, I assume some of them might be having their faith crisis or trying to make sense out of this.
    I know there’s nothing harmful in this thread, and this comment is probably random, but I added it because I just felt bad about what some people were saying in other places. And I felt the awesome people on this site would not mind if I expressed my opinions :D

Sincerely,

Gabriela.

• TiltedHorizon says:

I ride motorcycles, I bring this up because there is a simple saying within the motorcycle community which serves to remind us to ride cautiously and within our limits: “Stupid Hurts”. As the statement suggests, if a person forgoes common sense, takes careless risks or in anyway chooses to silence the voice of reason in their head the resultant ‘Stupid’ consequence will often end in, well deserved, pain.

I am not suggesting that we get our torches and pitch forks then storm Harold Camping’s home like an angry mob. I am saying what he did should not be swept under the rug and forgotten, his example should be used to remind all that faith cannot become unshakeable without becoming blind in the process.

8. Big Guy says:

My impostor’s alter ego’s and the one & only wait for it, the real Big Guy are the most popular people in this form…
    Thank-you FYI

impostor @ 11:19am 11:11am 10:33am 10:38am 10:18am 9:57am 9:30am 9:49am 9:21am 8:45am we are now officially viral…

my only post are @ 8:18am & 8:23am like all of you didn’t already know
    your plans have backfired hows it feel to be my pawns A-HOLES?

• Big Guy says:

I am famous now, years from now they will be telling stories of my wank-athons, of all the stiffies I had while thinking of naked bottoms being beaten and buttered by the Lard.

By the way, the Imposter @ 5:32 PM is clearly not the real Big Man. Had he been he would have busted a load while saying “Backfired” and “A-Holes”. (ooooooooh, wank, wank, wank, wank, pop!)