Pasta Lord – a poem

Published April 6th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

Hi. So, I’m new to Pastafarianism, but I’m finding the transition easy enough. I was eating some awesome ravioli the other day, and it occurred to me to make an FSM-inspired poem for National Poetry Writing Month. I thought I’d share.

—Judd, Philippines

Pasta Lord

Slippery tendrils lash above the sea

In a frantic manner to save what be

A crew of pirates, stranded, latching on

To his noodly appendages a’dawn.

His Noodliness holds two spheres of meat

Muddled in the tangle of pasta, neat.

In Him, I find true mirth; my solace, joy!

The Pasta Lord, He taketh me—ahoy!

He promises a Kingdom grand, so long

As we abide by Captain Mosey’s song:

Yon, beer and ale spurt out of mountaintops;

A stripper factory that does not stop.

Rejoice, for He has boiled for our sins!

And now his wheaty sauce runs ‘neath our skins.

My Pasta Lord who flies with wholegrain love,

Invisible in the heavens above.

27 Responses to “Pasta Lord – a poem”

1. Mohammed says:

In The Name of Flying Spaghetti Monster, the most delicious and nutritious.
    my fellow FSM; I absolutely loved the poem and I intend on translating this into Arabic and Kurdish tonight to let my fellow FSM in the Middle East enjoy such a spiritual poem, your poem brought love and hunger to my stomach!
    Thanks again and may the FSM fills you :)

• Keith says:

Good thinking Mohammed: spread the joy!

• suzi says:

LMAO……..good luck Mohamed ;) the meat balls be with you with each step

2. stylusmobilus says:

Fully sick poem and pumpin’ like a subwoofer maate.

3. Kronimo says:

This is truly amazing! Great job brother, i can tell you were infused with the spirit of His Noodliness at the time this was written. An inspiration to us all!!

4. Poppinfloss says:

I feel touched by his noodly appendage after reading this. May you be granted with strippers and beer.

5. Lexi says:

As much as I appreciate see and I’m sure flying spaghetti monster does as well this token to flying spaghetti monster I wish to bring up a very valid point.

Why is flying spaghetti monster male?

Shouldn’t it be an it?

Or could flying spaghetti monster be a girl?
    I don’t wish to imply that flying spaghetti monster is sexist it’s just a point I’d like to bring up.

• Keith says:

FSM is Alpha and Omega. It is all things to all people. Mystic crap aside I would say that the FSM is asexual. Referring to it as he or she is merely a convenience.

• Lexi says:

I couldn’t agree more with you but it still bugs me that anytime someone gives flying spaghetti monster a sex it’s ALWAYS male! I understand that in most other religions their god is a male but can’t we be different?

• Lexi says:

If you need examples if this happening here are some:

…”his noodly appendage….”
      “He boiled for your sins”

There are some even in this poem!

6. sympathy poems says:

The acquaintance is prohibitively symmetrical. I am often a taciturn counsel however compelled me to rewrite this juncture. divine post.

7. Paul from Zitate zum Nachdenken says:

Now that is one awesome poem, “My Pasta Lord who flies with wholegrain love” good job mate ;)

8. Sarah says:

lol. Nothing else to say.