This is a real religion?

Published March 13th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

The government actually passed this BS as religion? You just did this so you can get tax cuts, your religion is based on christian hate because thats all i see you mocking on here, You might as well side with the church of satan who mocks their own belief, Just because youre too blind to be enlightened you have decided to scam all the atheists out there, in a way i have to side with you, because all of your followers are just as stupid as you are, nobody ever looks into history, philosophy or multiple religions before basing their faith, they always just side with hate and disbelief, when love is just the true meaning behind every religion, and science is formulated from the start of religion, it seems that your church and your followers will all go down the same stupid path, even if you are a teacher or a doctor you probably are a bad one at that, well except the church leader who is rolling in money from his t-shirts and probably initiation fees and getting tax cuts, what a smart way to scam atheist church goers, you might as well start the next jonestown massacre.

–Nick

554 Responses to “This is a real religion?”

1 4 5 6 7 8 29
  1. metallicrose says:

Wow, if only people knew how to research things before they commented. I have to start by saying there is no such thing as an atheist church goer. If you are atheist, that in fact means you believe in the lack of religion. What makes you believe someone who thinks that would go to a church, where they indeed study religion? Then, to say science is based on religion, that’s just erroneous. Science is normally the exact opposite of religion, considering it’s based on facts and religion is based on what people claim or believe. I just won’t tear this further apart, I’m sure everyone else sees the folly here.

2. Aset says:

Nick,
    Before I get into breaking down your comments, I want to point out that you use way too many commas. The dot at the end of sentences, called a period, was invented for a reason. Learn that reason and use it the next time you make a comment here. With that out of the way, and since everyone else is (and can) do a better job at correcting you; I would like to give you my opinion on want you wrote.

You said “nobody ever looks into history, philosophy or multiple religions before basing their faith, they always just side with hate and disbelief, when love is just the true meaning behind every religion”

Let’s start off with that first statement. That first statement (assuming the comma between ‘faith and ‘they’ is supposed to be a period) is not entirely true. I will agree that many people do not look at history, philosophy, or multiple religions before basing their faith or, for that matter, passing judgment on someone else. I, however, was one of the few who did research into history, studied philosophies, and looked at many different religions before becoming Unitarian and Pastafarian. In fact, I am still doing all of that and more. I.e. I am currently going to school to get my degree in philosophy with a minor in religion and hope to be a professor of philosophy or religion.

The first part of your second statement is, also, just a little off the mark. Many people of other faiths do look upon other religions (including other branches) with ‘hate and disbelief’ (I would have chosen better synonyms here); but there are a few people that understand (and think) that hate and disbelief is not the best way to see the world (but neither is through rose colored glasses). Also, love might not be the true meaning behind every religion, though many religions teach love as a principle. In my humble opinion, the true meaning behind every religion is compassion. For example, my religion does not say I have to love you (frankly, I’m not even sure if I like you right now) but I can have concern that you might be a little mislead in your views. So in the end your statements are now false (even if it is a half-truth).
    “A difference in opinion is useful in religion.” –Thomas Jefferson

To everyone else: please give constructive criticism. My beliefs are a work in progress but I do not like it when people flat out say: ‘you’re wrong’, ‘that’s stupid’ or anything that really does not help anyone grow in mind. Thanks, Aset.

• Brian Fritzen says:

I would like to flatly say, “you’re wrong,” “that’s stupid.” (Sorry, I had to.)

I would like to agree with your sentiments if I thought that such a stance would actually change their minds. But, I am starting to run full face into their delusional nightmare because of my kids. While I can hold my own as an individual, my children struggle with this stupidity. I have to explain to them why their grandparents believe in something that doesn’t exist. Ok. No problem. I have to explain to them that sometimes people want to pretend that there are invisible beings in a mystical fairland (like Tinkerbell.) Again, no problem. But when these morons decide that their children aren’t allowed to play with mine because we are atheist, what am I supposed to do? Seriously, my kids are 6 and 8. They are forced to say the pledge Under God… but the parents are the worst.

Why should my kids lose out because these retarded bastards. I don’t prevent my kids from playing with christians, muslims, buddhists, wiccans etc etc etc…. They’re fucking kids.

Off soapbox. Sorry.

Brian

• Shamael says:

It makes me laugh when you say that you do not want to explain to your children that they believe in something that does not exists. It exists and it has been written. Only problem is that none of what any so called “holly book” relates has ever happened in the world of matter or our reality we live in or even think to live in. What makes those books dangerous are 2 facts. First, they have been written by scientifics in a branched an coded system that only those who know can decode and read and understand. None of those books was intended to be read and understood by aliens outside of those scientific circles. 2d, the fact it relates events one cannot depict or explain with words, since in that worlds they do not exist, it uses metaphors, names and places or events that are supposed to happen in our world to give it a form or sense. But, this sense has been misunderstood by those which do not know and that’s the reason why such books lead to dogmatic faith, violence and a form of ghetto in which those who stand for those religions live in. This misunderstanding has been miss-used for enslavement, for making big business and for creating big wars and discordance in the name of god. I will not enter in what God is, but i can give you millions of descriptions of what he is not. Explaining what God means is a waste of time since those who do not care about religions or holly books are not interested, and all those who live with the faith of a religion will not accept it. Truth is what all humans fight against, even by endangering their own life and killing others. Religions had a good reason to be once, they do not really have it anymore today. But, never they have been teached the way they had to and they have never been explained by those who where supposed to open the wisdom of the religions to all adepts during their lifetime. When a human becomes aged and develops a level of understanding, it comes the time to face reality. Babies, cabbage and storks, Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny are then fun objects and it is time to get an inside view of what it is, what it means and what it tells you.
        Every cartoon of Disney contains as much wisdom as the writings of the Bible, there is time to laugh about it and there comes a time to find out what message is hidden in each of them, and believe me, there are many concealed messages in all of them.
        What the Bible relates is not aged, it’s actual, but not understood. Unfortunately, the nightmare goes on since 2000 years and more and we are not close to the end of that. So, best to avoid it is to stay away from it. The problem is that we can live without it, those who live with it will not accept that and that is what puts us in a dangerous position. It is nice to say, I don’t care or I am an atheist. Problem is THEY care ….

• Thomas L. Nielsen says:

“It exists and it has been written. Only problem is that none of what any so called “holly book” relates has ever happened in the world of matter or our reality we live in or even think to live in. What makes those books dangerous are 2 facts. First, they have been written by scientifics in a branched an coded system that only those who know can decode and read and understand. None of those books was intended to be read and understood by aliens outside of those scientific circles. 2d, the fact it relates events one cannot depict or explain with words, since in that worlds they do not exist, it uses metaphors, names and places or events that are supposed to happen in our world to give it a form or sense.”

Sorry friend, but without some industrial-strength hard evidence, that makes even less sense than “god did it”.

Regards & all, and rAmen,

Thomas L. Nielsen

• puppygoogoo says:

Shamael,

Wow is all i can say. Can you answer a few questions i have please.
          1. “It exists and it has been written. Only problem is that none of what any so called “holly book” relates has ever happened in the world of matter or our reality we live in or even think to live in. What makes those books dangerous are 2 facts. First, they have been written by scientifics in a branched an coded system that only those who know can decode and read and understand. None of those books was intended to be read and understood by aliens outside of those scientific circles”
          Which branch of scientific circles are you talking about? and what is a ‘scientific’?

2. “2d, the fact it relates events one cannot depict or explain with words, since in that worlds they do not exist, it uses metaphors, names and places or events that are supposed to happen in our world to give it a form or sense. But, this sense has been misunderstood by those which do not know and that’s the reason why such books lead to dogmatic faith, violence and a form of ghetto in which those who stand for those religions live in.”
          Is this meant to be in pre or post tense? Also what are these ghettos you speak of?

3. “What the Bible relates is not aged, it’s actual, but not understood”
          Are you talking abouyt the message the bible delivers here? If so why do you need a book to understand that you need to be a good person?

Hope to hear soon

RAmen

puppygoogoo

• Brian Fritzen says:

You think it funny that my kids and their kids lose out on a friend because of the delusions of the parents? What are you some sick fuck? I bet you would say the same thing if some black parent spoke about how another parent wouldn’t let their white child play with their child because they were black. That is why your religions is PURE and UTTER CRAP. I’ve read the bible and I never found the teachings of Jesus to say to act in such a despicable way.

The bible is a mishmash of plagiarized religions. Even the old testament which is a complete rip off of Judaism is a mishmash of even older religions. No one believes in those gods anymore. And soon no one will believe in the current ones. The bible is one of the most dangerous books ever printed. In that, it has caused untold bloodshed, and untold ignorance.

Religion is a cancer. The holy books are all cancers. Their strict no tolerance “rules” are absurd and are the reason mankind is so fucked up right now. I want to raise my children without that crap. They want to raise theirs with it. I freely let them. Why can’t I freely be allowed to raise mine without god.

It isn’t rocket science to find out that atheist children perform better in school and have fewer behavioral problems. See FINLAND. It is really simple: they are responsible for how they act. No blame on invisible entities or chance of burning for all eternity.

• Pastafarian Satan (The Floating Haggus Creature) says:

Could someone please translate this into English? I couldn’t comprehend a single sentence in this bizarre rant but I’d really like to. As far as I can tell, this guy has been watching too many ancient aliens specials on the history channel.

• theFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

Shamael, as you say, the BuyBull is misunderstood. It’s too ambiguous. Which proves that a god had no hand in creating it. Which makes it fiction, and badly written fiction at that. Which makes it not a model to devote your life to.

• Aset says:

Brian,

Thanks for calling me out on my points. When I went back and read my post and realized that you were right and I was wrong.(I guess I should stick to writing Fiction and Fanfiction.)
        Please tell your kids, they’re not alone. I recently ended a long time friendship because the girl had basicly become a evangelical christian. Though my worst exprience with christians was my eigth grade year(I had converted to Wicca then). Outside the “you need to be saved”, and “you’re going to Hell”, people tried to “Witness” me. My favorite part of my time as a wiccan was when a guidence consulor called me into her office and told me straight to my face(with the girl who wanted to witness me) that she thought it was a ‘nice thing’ that my classmate was trying to do this for me. It really hurt and many times I would wonder “Why can’t they just except that this is what I want to be?” I wish I could say it gets better, but that all depends on your kids.
        Sincerly
        Aset

• Brian Fritzen says:

Thank you.

3. Bosn_C_Otter says:

I read this three times and not once did it make any sense. It almost reminds me of a Mad lib. Nick, look I’m all for getting soused and all pissy after a few rounds of ale. But you might want to sober up before attempting correspondence again.
    I need a Tylenol.

RAmen
    Bosn C Otter

4. Theo says:

Yes. This is a real religion.
    For me it is, until you prove me there is no Flying Spaghetti Monster.

5. Noodlenut says:

Nick, you’re killing me… ‘too blind to be enlightened’..stop it hehehehe. No come on I mean it… ‘no-one looks into history’…hahahahaha…I can’t stand it… ‘athiest church goers’…hohohohoho. I can’t get off the floor, oohhh my aching sides.

6. Damian says:

Now I lay me down to sleep
    Pray the FSM my soul to keep
    If I die before I wake
    Pray the FSM my soul to take!

When I was 11, I told the Father behind the curtain about the time I stole the piece of cake.

hypocrite, hypocrite (patty cake, patty cake)
    Catholic Priest (baker’s man)
    made me confess while peeping at me (bake me a cake as fast as you can)

I know his true thoughts while looking at me (pat it and prick it and mark it with b)
    His seductive dreams and thoughts were known to me (put it in the oven for baby and me)

hypocrite, hypocrite
    Catholic Priest
    made me confess while peeping at me

put down his penis, but kept it there (roll it up, roll it up)
    instead of chopping it off for good! (and throw it in a pan!)

hypocrite, hypocrite, Catholic Priest

• dina says:

hehehehe omg, so funny.

7. John (Pastafarian) Smith says:

Hi,

Pastafarians are not some rap group having ‘beef’ with some other group. As many stated here,
    1. Love thy neighbour as thou lovest thyself
    2. God (insert preferred name here) is the ultimate judge
    3. It is the responsibility of each individual to lead a life based on choices. We all make good, bad, and questionable decisions because at the end of the day regardless of (insert your God’s preferred name here), we are all imperfect humans.

Please relax and -if you must- ask your deity help those in need, including asking for clarity of mind as to not judge those who may or may not need guidance based on your point of view.

Lastly,
    Someone said there would be punch and pie… well?

8. Glendora Twymon says:

whoah this blog is great i really like studying your posts. Keep up the great paintings! You already know, a lot of people are hunting round for this information, you could aid them greatly.

1 4 5 6 7 8 29