This is a real religion?

Published March 13th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

The government actually passed this BS as religion? You just did this so you can get tax cuts, your religion is based on christian hate because thats all i see you mocking on here, You might as well side with the church of satan who mocks their own belief, Just because youre too blind to be enlightened you have decided to scam all the atheists out there, in a way i have to side with you, because all of your followers are just as stupid as you are, nobody ever looks into history, philosophy or multiple religions before basing their faith, they always just side with hate and disbelief, when love is just the true meaning behind every religion, and science is formulated from the start of religion, it seems that your church and your followers will all go down the same stupid path, even if you are a teacher or a doctor you probably are a bad one at that, well except the church leader who is rolling in money from his t-shirts and probably initiation fees and getting tax cuts, what a smart way to scam atheist church goers, you might as well start the next jonestown massacre.

–Nick

554 Responses to “This is a real religion?”

1. 10001100101 says:

You people do realize while this is absolutely hilarious that all of these discussions and arguments are about something FAITH based? I have faith that one day i’ll win the lottery but you don’t see me getting into arguments over that faith. Well i’m off to ride the spaceship to the home world rumour has it a man will turn water to wine and that there are many many storytellers on board and…………..

• Keith says:

Don’t get dumped in the volcano with the other sinners…

• TheFewTheProudTheMarinara says:

Ah, yes – faith: the ability to blindly believe in something in spite of any evidence to the contrary, or even common sense.

2. Eric the Faithful says:

“The government actually passed this BS as religion”? Truly elegant! Like I need the government’s permission to bask in the glow of His Noodley Appendage! Call us stupid? I think my ‘B’ in Calculus II and a successful life as a scientist tends to differ with this insult. As far as Jonestown type massacres go, this is the last orginized religion where anything near that tragedy would happen. We are tolerant, faithful and above all, peaceful. We do not critisize, we noodelize. Peace.

• howard the noodled says:

You missed something. We don’t drink Kool-Aid. You can’t have a good massacre without Kool-Aid. Seriously have you ever tried to get someone to drink from the cyanide bowl? No, they’ll drink beer, wine, Coke, even that crappy knockoff stuff like Dart Cola but they all leave after that’s gone and you’re stuck with a punch bowl of cyanide.

3. Pozzer says:

I don’t see what pastafarianism has to do with the Jonestown massacre. I’m not being held in the jungle at gunpoint. I am free to come and go as I wish, and be as heretical or pious as I like.

4. Obi Wan Knievel says:

Our church leader is rolling in money? I’m delighted to hear that.

Never look into history? Would that be the history of that garden place with the naked chick and the apple? Or is it the history where dinosaur fossils are just animals that didn’t make it into the big houseboat for 40 days? Don’t tell me it’s the history where god, in his infinite love and eternal mercy, wanted to kill everyone’s baby one night but could be fooled by a bit of sheep’s blood smeared on the front door.

Not that history? Then which one? There are, after all, so many.

Carbo Diem. Pray for the strainers in their hour of need. R’amen.

5. The Grammar Nazi says:

I think you need to learn how to use a period. Here, this is what one looks like.

Was that better?

6. Ixador says:

Scam all the atheists? Do research? The best part about that whole statement is that atheists are some of the most knowledgeable people I know when it comes to religion. So to scam one into anything you would need a mountain of research and facts to back what your saying, even then to believe in something or follow it is still the choice of the individual. Then as far as looking into history and philosophy, what does that prove except that there is no evidence to prove your religion as factual, most atheists were at one point part of a religion until the wanted to know more and were denied any answers to satisfy even the most simple of questions. I myself was Christian then after twelve years of research I decided to stop wasting my time trying to please a god that may or may not exist just for the fact that I’ve been filled with the fear of burning in a pit when I die. So I you wan to say atheists aren’t educated enough to decide for themselves try talking to a reasonable one instead of just assuming that all of them are religion bashing jerks. I myself am happy for anyone that has religion, because at least they can take comfort in something they believe with all their hearts, while I take comfort in facts and logical thought.

• Ixador says:

Sorry for grammatical errors it’s hard typing on a phone lol

• Keith says:

I hope you weren’t driving when you were typing :-)

7. Pedro Rhian says:

No, it isn’t. It was a parody religion invented to make the point that forcing a single point of view removed the ability for the pupils to think for themselves. You are yet to be touched by his noodly appendage of reason over forced doctrine.

8. David says:

“you might as well start the next jonestown massacre.” Jonestown was sad, but I believe the Inquisition was just a little bit more of a widespread massacre. My favorite was the Puritans massacre of the native american indians. I find it hard to believe that those savages were able to breath air. I mean they had such beliefs that the only good indian is a dead indian. I believe Hilter used this as a road map to get rid of the jews. The only difference is that the christians were much more effective and almost achieved their goal of genocide. I must say anyone of christian religions should take a look at there history of massacre’s before pointing a finger at others.