This is a real religion?

Published March 13th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

The government actually passed this BS as religion? You just did this so you can get tax cuts, your religion is based on christian hate because thats all i see you mocking on here, You might as well side with the church of satan who mocks their own belief, Just because youre too blind to be enlightened you have decided to scam all the atheists out there, in a way i have to side with you, because all of your followers are just as stupid as you are, nobody ever looks into history, philosophy or multiple religions before basing their faith, they always just side with hate and disbelief, when love is just the true meaning behind every religion, and science is formulated from the start of religion, it seems that your church and your followers will all go down the same stupid path, even if you are a teacher or a doctor you probably are a bad one at that, well except the church leader who is rolling in money from his t-shirts and probably initiation fees and getting tax cuts, what a smart way to scam atheist church goers, you might as well start the next jonestown massacre.

–Nick

553 Responses to “This is a real religion?”

1 21 22 23 24 25 29
  1. shadwblad says:

if you read the join us page it specificaly says there is no initiation fee

• Ross says:

alright my question to this is how exactly will this start a massacre. i personally do not wish to bomb on his beliefs but it is the people who truly are “devoted to religion to do crazy shit for that said religion. if there wasn’t religion we would never have had the crusades or the war in the middle east. im not saying everyone who believes in a god is a crazy bastard but the “extremist” are the ones who tend to make religion look bad

2. Katie says:

Wow. Are you serious? “nobody ever looks into history, philosophy or multiple religions before basing their faith, they always just side with hate and disbelief, when love is just the true meaning behind every religion, and science is formulated from the start of religion,”

Bull-fucking-shit. I have spent years and years studying religion, and different religion. I have come to the conclusion that I myself am agnostic, and that I really really dislike organized religion just because of how it morphs people. The concepts and fundamentals behind a good amount of religions are pretty strong, but when you morph that into the shit we see today because of the idiots that follow, it’s quite mockable. A lot of Christian extremists are quite laughable, and I don’t give a flying fuck if I’m being offensive at this point. It’s nothing near what Christianity is, and it’s offensive in it’s own right, doing horrible corrupt things in the name of religion.

This is just another prime example of some fucking moron taking Pastafarianism too serious.

• Patrick says:

I don’t think it is necessarily them taking Pastafarianism too seriously, but rather they realize that their own faith is so precarious that Pastafarianism could upset their beliefs. They respond the only way they know how, by being childish and immature. However, I don’t really think it is all their fault, they have been raised with a religion that demands they stay child-like and just accept what the grown-ups tell them rather then look for truth for themselves.

Patrick

3. Stephen says:

Pretty sure that if you are an atheist, you wouldn’t be going to church.

• Drained and Washed Clean says:

Minor detail…

4. James says:

Hey Bobby, is there a link to your paypal account? I missed the initiation fee. Also, is it tax deductible since this is a non-profit? I was told there would be kool-aid served, as well…

5. Brandon says:

WOW really? This is pathetic. It took me less than five minutes to read the “About” page and I know that this wasn’t done just for TAX BREAKS of all things. How can this be considered a scam for money when everyone buying or participating is just doing this for FUN? This is quite different from say…ANY CHRISTIAN CHURCH FROM CATHOLICISM TO MORMONISM all the way to the most well know and insanely expensive criminal cult of SCIENTOLOGY.

• Keith says:

The trouble is, Brandon, that most of those who send hate mail cannot be bothered to read the “about” page. They see the name and start foaming at the mouth because it has the word “Spaghetti” instead of “Jesus” or whatever. Instead of their blond, blue eyed saviour (which is an inaccurate portrayal, assuming he existed), they see a benign, even comical creature which in their eyes is (insert name of favourite devil) incarnate. Even if they DO read “about”, they still get upset because their faith is threatened by reason.

6. Think Harder says:

*Ahem*.

I am an Atheist (you will see this in all of my posts), and I believe Pastafarianism to have good reasons for existing.

Here is what I have to say:
    Read the “about” page. We did not do this for government benefits.

The End.

7. Anon says:

Dear Nick.
    The whole point about this “bs” is to liken it to religion. The reason why it has been accepted is because it requires no more proof than actual religion does which is the entire point Pastafarianism is trying to make: religion is not based in proof, and should be kept out of schools.
    Please increase your IQ.
    Respectfully, maybe,
    Anon.

• Olio says:

Science is partly hypothesis based and resolution is not always the outcome. Questions can lead to further questions. Psychology is not a precise science . But is taught in schools. Rather than form the structure of intelligent design to say there is mystery in the universe, still, that we do not have all the answers, maybe that can just be taught. To appreciate the mystery and continue endeavors to unlock what they are.

8. Flying Merkel says:

I realize with horror now what the phrase “40 lashes with a wet noodle” means. It comes from the dark side of FSMism.

SCHISM!