This is a real religion?

Published March 13th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

The government actually passed this BS as religion? You just did this so you can get tax cuts, your religion is based on christian hate because thats all i see you mocking on here, You might as well side with the church of satan who mocks their own belief, Just because youre too blind to be enlightened you have decided to scam all the atheists out there, in a way i have to side with you, because all of your followers are just as stupid as you are, nobody ever looks into history, philosophy or multiple religions before basing their faith, they always just side with hate and disbelief, when love is just the true meaning behind every religion, and science is formulated from the start of religion, it seems that your church and your followers will all go down the same stupid path, even if you are a teacher or a doctor you probably are a bad one at that, well except the church leader who is rolling in money from his t-shirts and probably initiation fees and getting tax cuts, what a smart way to scam atheist church goers, you might as well start the next jonestown massacre.

–Nick

564 Responses to “This is a real religion?”

1 27 28 29
  1. Pope Francis says:

I have a question to ask:
    Does my body fat make my body look fat?

• Keith says:

You know you are fat if you hang upside down and your belly button hits your chin.

2. Steven Mynatt says:

Dear Nick,
    I was a Christian for many hours. I found Jesus about 48 hours ago but have recently quit because in the Christian Bible it says that you get 700 wives and 300 Concubine’s and after a 48 hour wait filled with prayers to Jesus I still only have the same wife that I had to start with. The Pizza Hut where I live gives you your Pizza Free if it takes longer than 20 minutes, So I feel that I gave Jesus a fair shake ,,, Now back to your question ,,,, Of course it’s a real Religion (Cap “R”) and who are you to Persecute me about that? I spent 48 hours waiting on your fake Jesus to preform a miracle and transform my life into a Christian one and I just now quit waiting ,, I’ve had enough of Phony Religions that don’t produce the booty and now it’s a Pirates life for me. I’m not exactly like these guys because I belong to the Reformed Church and that is like 900 times better ,, BUT,, I considered all this carefully and I know its true because a Guy that I met yesterday told me that he knew a guy that said it was the absolute truth and Nothing but the truth ,, Probably says so in the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster and that is probably further proof of what I know in my heart is the absolute truth. Raman

• A. Person says:

There are many religions in the world – and many of them, when examined closely, are absolutely ridiculous. When I was a kid, I had been fooled (temporarily) into believing christianity. I prayed. Not for selfish things, but stuff like world peace and help getting along with difficult people. Not a single result!

Now I’m just exploring different beliefs. One thing has held true – the idea that you get what you focus on. Someone I know had a bone infection in his ankle some months ago. I burned a candle and some other things, and two days later he walked up to my door. He walked! No wheelchair, no cane, no cast, no brace. The infection could have killed him, but it didn’t. And if some god could save him, then why didn’t he (or she) prevent the infection in the first place?

These burning questions.

• Captain Birdseye says:

A. Person, Evidence indicates, repeatedly, that when 1,000 people focus on what they want, 50% get what they want and, thank their god, while, 50% do not and blame themselves for not ‘doing it right’. They may as well have tossed a coin, but, win or loose, they have a reinforcing explanation for the faith-based thinker’s outcome. The drawback is that, it permanently misses what is real and may even be the cause of their problem (or, quest, as they see it).

To me, this is related to the gambler’s mindset, who believes there are distortions to the laws of chance, that can be defeated with special skill or knowledge, whereas, the only actual distortions are in their thinking.

• SillyKiwiMan says:

I’d go so far as to say ALL of them are ridiculous. Some may be crazier then others, but they’re all the same when boiled down.

• Jo Switten says:

Except the belief in our Most Beloved FSM, may His Holy Noodly Appendage shine for all eaternity! R’Amen!

• theFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

The Templeton Group did a large study years ago where they divided hospital patients into 3 groups. Group A were told that people were praying for them. Group B had people praying for them, but were not told that. Group C was not told a thing, and no one prayed for them. The results: Groups B and C had no different outcomes, while Group A did significantly WORSE. Seems their pessimism (“I must be really sick if they’re praying for me!”) had a negative effect.

• Captain Birdseye says:

I was familiar with that research and think you are absolutely correct: it induces the negative placebo effect, which most people don’t know about.

• theFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

The whole idea of prayer is somewhat bizarre. Yes, god knows the future, but he might change it if you ask hard enough. He won’t stop floods, hurricanes, volcanoes, etc. from killing millions, but he just MIGHT help you on the econ test you have tomorrow. Even stranger, praying for the dead.

3. martin says:

It makes me sad that Christians are hard on us about our beliefs. Pastafarians do not come out unprovoked and hurt the feelings of others with different beliefs. We ask only to be respected as equals the same respect that we give to you.
    ramen

• Random Reader says:

I am in the eyes of the UK government a Christian, however I do not believe in that faith or any other apart from my own, where my core belief is that all religions/faiths/belief systems must have equal respect.
      It is a shame that not all people have the intellegence to see that all religions should have the same respect.

4. EJ says:

“when love is just the true meaning behind every religion”

So you’re saying that a Rabbi cutting the foreskin off of an infants penis is just a veiled implication of love?

5. recommended reading says:

Hey there! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any issues with hackers? My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing months of hard work due to no back up. Do you have any solutions to prevent hackers?|

6. culligan hd950 whole house Water filtration system says:

Awesome issues here. I am very glad to look your article.

Thanks a lot and I am looking forward to contact you.
    Will you kindly drop me a mail?

7. Jo-Dee Collins says:

Can you help me understand why FSM is a religion as apposed to a philosophy? Usually religion has some sort of worship of some kind.. I will be honest and say I did not read through your whole website, so maybe you do worship a god. A side note, when you created the term pastafarians, why did you chose to mimic Rastafarian instead of the true term acceptable to the religion of Rastafari? Was it just a lack of understanding of that term and you just thought farian was cool?

• Rasputin says:

Nice bit of thinking, thanks for your contribution. The word “philosophy” derives from the Greek for “loving wisdom”, whereas “theosophy” derives from “loving god”. Pastafarianism is a religion because we believe in our eternal and very tasty deity. If we didn’t believe in a deity but only the wisdom which He imparts, we’d be philosophers. As things stand, we’re theosophers. Afro-Caribbean grammar is a mix-up between English and several other European and African languages, allowing us to take our pick of what works and is easy to understand. One way in which Pastafarianism can be equated to a philosophy is that pasta actually has very little flavour of its own. Much of the flavour is added with the sauce, allowing us to introduce tastes which reflect our own palate. Like spelling “flavour” as in the UK, as opposed to “flavor” as in the US. Whereas both Christians and Muslims persecute members of their own faiths whose take on their beliefs is marginally different (protestant, catholic, shi’ite, etc.), Pastafarianism positively revels in our diversity and acceptance. That’s why we’re superior and everyone who isn’t a Pastafarian is a f*cking dimwit. But remember, you don’t have to agree with me. That’s why we’re better.

1 27 28 29