FSM bike rack in Baltimore

Published March 17th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

FSMBikeRack

Sam spotted this FSM bike rack on Bike Baltimore.  They claim this is a crab but it’s likely they just have not been enlightened yet.

24 Responses to “FSM bike rack in Baltimore”

1. Doug says:

A “crab”? Yeah right. . . like downtown Baltimore wants to be associated with having crabs. . .

Total, and complete, DENIAL!

He/She/It has risen, and was boiled for our sins! Accept FSM now, or forever be in the dark, Bike Baltimore!

• MarcusPastashipping says:

I suspect that this bike may belong to a Messenger of The One Great Flying Spaghetti Monster. The style of bike rack is a subtle give-away. I think we should find them and follow them as they could be the Pastiah we have been waiting for to come and show us the way to expand our pasta variations ! I’m so excited !

2. TheQuietGuy says:

Obviously, you’ve never seen the “Maryland is for Crabs” bumper stickers.

I can see the noodly goodness in the design though.

3. TiltedHorizon says:

I was going to rationalize away it’s uncanny likeness to his noodliness as trick of the mind but then I remembered the image of Jesus which appeared in a grilled cheese sandwich (dubbedd Cheesus) which had Christians reaffirming their faith.

IT’S PROOF!!!! FSM! FSM BE PRAISED!!!

• Keith says:

Regarding spurious images I daresay some might get a giggle out of this absurdity which happened about 50 miles from where I live. The name of the Church’s rector was Andrew Nutter, by the way. Of course, the only true manifestations are those of His Noodliness.

• opiesysco says:

I see you Aussie have crazy xtians too.

• Carbonara says:

We have.

Would you like to take some off us? Please say yes!

You could put them on display in your Creation Theme Park!

4. rhonan says:

Of course it’s a crab. It was put up by the city, so it can’t obviously be a religious symbol. That’s why the city insists that it is a crab if anyone claims it might be a religious symbol. That does not prevent us from taking our pasta or ramen to it to celebrate communion.

• Insightful Ape says:

But we know better. They may insist on crabbiness all they want. They are kidding only themselves. His Noodliness appears even onto those that deny Him.
      RAmen

• Keith says:

If it ran a fast food joint and kept saying “I love money” I’d accept that it is a crab. Instead, it sits there all day without moving so it must be drunk: hence, it is the FSM.

• Ronster says:

Besides, his legs are too long to be Mr. Krabs.

• Victor Mendoza says:

Kudos to anyone who brings an offering of ramen or cup noodles to that bike rack FSM deity.

RAmen.

• opiesysco says:

I will make the short trip to Baltimore when the weather gets better.
        I will have with me my children in tow and lots of pasta.
        rAmen, and may His sauce be upon you.

5. Matt Thomasssssss says:

FSM appears everywhere!

6. Alissa says:

I happen to know the person that designed the crab design and his intention was simply a crab since Maryland is known for its good crabs. There was no intention to have any similarity to the FSM symbol.

• Keith says:

Alissa: as with any other religion, we are entitled to our fantasies.

• TiltedHorizon says:

I think Alissa is trying to test us. Hold steadfast in faith my brothers and sisters. We shall not be swayed so easily by your ‘facts’ Alissa, clearly you are an agent of the antipasta.

• Wench Melody (UK) says:

And how, pray, does Melissa know that her acquaintance who designed this was not influenced by the great Noodly One? We know he can adjust experimental results, after all – so it could easily be that his noodly appendage adjusted the designer’s intention.

Clearly, it’s a miracle!

May pesto be upon us all.

Mx

• Julius says:

Brother Tilted is right my fellow followers in pasta, let us not be swayed astray by thy wickedness, the FSM has taught us that being mocked by ‘facts’ is only a sign that a great reward is in store; let us pray.

RAmen

7. theFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

Nice rack!

8. flag poles to buy says:

Its like you read my mind! You appear to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with some pics to drive the message home a bit, but other than that, this is wonderful blog. A fantastic read. I will definitely be back.