He Boiled For Your Sins

Published March 21st, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

Thanks to Kaitlyn for this beautiful illustration:

Collander_med

*Update*

I got a surprising number of angry emails about this.  Surprising because while I can see how “He Boiled For Your Sins” could be viewed as making fun of the Christian “He Died For Your Sins”,  I know that there was no intention to offend.

We find the barrage of Jesus-on-a-cross imagery and “He died for your sins” propaganda tasteless and gaudy.  We find the concept of Original Sin offensive.  We believe it mocks rationality.

Most of all, we believe it’s a dangerous thing when religion is seen as above criticism or humor.  So while we’re aware that some of the things we say will offend, that’s not our intention – merely an accepted cost of the larger goal of shining light on what in our view is lunacy.  We can respect people and their beliefs *and at the same time* criticize what they send out into the world – there is no contradiction.

39 Responses to “He Boiled For Your Sins”

1. Vena Richer says:

Very informative!

2. Sallie Millison says:

fantastic points altogether, you simply received a logo reader. What might you recommend about your post that you just made a few days in the past? Any sure?

3. Curtis Bresser says:

I simply wanted to inform you about how much my spouse and i appreciate every little thing you’ve discussed to help improve lives of people in this theme. Through your current articles, I have gone out of just a novice to an expert in the area. It can be truly a tribute to your efforts. Thanks

4. dofollow wordpress says:

There are a lot of strange comments on here.

5. E.L. says:

Anyone else want to join me in purchasing this collander necklace in order to display our gratitude for FSM and remembrance of his sacrifice?

6. Chris Brunsdon says:

I’m a proud Christian and just about chocked with laughter when I saw this. Then again, I’m not Catholic ;)

7. Big Guy says:

“There have been no sects in the Christian world, however absurd, which have not endeavored to support their opinions by arguments drawn from Scripture. Sanctification is not to be understood here as a separation from ordinary use or consecration to some special use, although this meaning is often present in Scripture, sometimes referring to outward and sometimes to inward or effectual separation. The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.

8. Boricua in Texas says:

I want to wear this on a t-shirt to the protest outside Rick Perry’s fast and prayer rally.