A Mountain, a Midget and a Tree

Published February 22nd, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

young talent

Hi there.

My name is Robert, I’m 12 and I am a devout Pastafarian. I’ve created a piece of art detailing the first moments of creation. I’d be honored if you posted this on your wonderful website. Here it is, I hope you like it.

Very nice! I particularly like the FSM’s eyes – you captured His intense concentration at that crucial moment.

32 Responses to “A Mountain, a Midget and a Tree”

1 2 3
  1. assclown says:

Robert,

Excellent job. You inspire me to raise my future children in the world of freethought. You have your whole life ahead of you, don’t be controlled and told what you SHOULD think. Good luck!

2. stylusmobilus says:

Fantastic work, Robert. I wish I had that much foresight at 12. I must go with assclown and show this to my kids, who adore the FSM as I do.

3. Randy says:

I am so happy to see the younger generation being “touched” by His Noodly Appendages. Clearly, Robert, “He” is working through you to spread his loving and carbo-laden message. I only hope that it is “His Will” all young people see Pastafarianism as the one and only “true” religion. Then the world would be a much less violent and hateful place.

May your life be “blessed” with Pesto and Happiness!

RAmen!

Randy,
    Pastafarian and Supporter of non-brainwashed children

4. Keith says:

Excellent work Robert. Talent, especially divinely inspired talent should always be encouraged.

5. Victor Mendoza says:

I think being this decisive about such a big issue at age 12 is a little extreme.

I mean, i was not 100% sure on my beliefs until some time in high school.

• Keith says:

I won’t criticise you for saying that. You didn’t say anything about Robert needing to follow the path of “the true” religion: now THAT would have deserved criticism. Some children grow up earlier than others. Others grow older but don’t grow up. Robert has plenty of time to change his mind and fine tune his ideas. Perhaps he has already done more objective thinking at 12 than others do in a whole life time.

• Mr. A says:

Okay, Victor, I’ll bite. What exactly is the “big issue”? I fully expect that by age 6 or 7, my daughter will no longer believe in Santa Claus. By age 12, I certainly hope she doesn’t believe in any imaginary beings at all.

• StJason says:

Yeah! Because we know that indoctrinating children into unthinking belief is a terrible thing to do, that only Nazis would ever consider…

All right. Sarcasm off.

• Insightful Ape says:

I think it is perfectly fine to share a joke with a 12 year old. Of course, some other teachings of his noodliness are R rated.

• Robert says:

Thank you very much, I think I can decide for myself though. ;)

• I'm Brian and so's my wife says:

Sorry, being decisive about basic logical reasoning and evidence based opinions by age 12 is extreme?

Did you still believe in Santa Clause by High School?

You’re right about one thing though…

“I am about to say something that is gonna garner quite a bit of criticism from you guys…”

6. Fitzy says:

Definitely Photoshopped.

• tekHedd says:

But it’s clearly divinely inspired!

• Robert P says:

Nope, used the old version of MS paint. :)

7. hotclaws says:

How refreshing to see a post here with correct spelling and punctuation and everything.Such mighty artistic talent too.

8. StJason says:

Brilliant! Obviously divinely inspired. His Noodly Appendage was upon you that day, Robert!

1 2 3