Pirate Fish Coffee Table

Published February 1st, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

coffee_table1

coffee_table2

This is a coffee table I built for our dorm paying tribute to the FSM with a pirate fish logo. Keep doing what you’re doing.

-Wes

36 Responses to “Pirate Fish Coffee Table”

1. Danimal says:

Wes,
    Beautiful work. The practical side of me wants to know about the structural integrity of the table. Or more to the point I need to know how many beers/strippers this table can hold. Please submit photos.
    RAmen,
    Danimal

2. Millionmikemarch says:

That is great work. Hope you produce more of them. There might be a market.

3. JamesL says:

N64 represent!

4. Keith says:

Apart from being gobsmacked at such an incredible piece of work I noticed the blue and yellow controller on the table. I have to ask this: Do you play Pokemon?

• Wes says:

We used to, but we finally upgraded to an Xbox 360. Definitely spent a lot of time on Pokemon as a kid. Kind of odd that there was a controller in each picture. When the table is not covered with beer, strippers, and/or spaghetti we like to put our feet up and play some Halo. Thanks for the compliments everyone!

• JamesL says:

I would buy a 360 in a heartbeat if they brought some of my favorite games over here (2d shmups) like Dodonpachi, Ketsui, Espgaluda… I might get one for XBLA shmups like Silvergun, Ikaruga, Guwange, Bangaio, yadda yadda. Don’t tell me you got rid of the 64 though!

• JamesL says:

Between the ages of 9-13, I tallied up the total playtime of all my Pokemon games. I calculated that around 20% of my awake time was spent playing Pokemon. Gently caress the people that say it’s satanic, stupid, immature, whatever- Pokemon r00lz. I’ve not spent much time on HeartGold, though. In my opinion, the best Pokemon game is, indeed either Emerald, HeartGold, or XD Gale of Darkness (VERY underrated game. Must have for a big fan like me). What are Pastafarians favorite Pokemon games?

Wow, off topic. But yeah, that is indeed the special edition Pokemon n64 controller (I’m not the one who made the fucking sweet-ass table btw). I hate the Pokemon N64 games actually.

Oh yeah, the official Pastafarian Pokemon is now Tangela. (looks like spaghetti!)

• Dr. Astronomer says:

I have deep regret over Pokemon and it is the only time I wish I had really listened to my mother. I was in Japan when the phenomena hit the US. She wanted me to buy up the stores (whole boxes of cards was like $30, making one card like 25 cents). I thought she was nuts. *sigh*

Really awesome table, Wes!

• JamesL says:

You could have made a buck because even though I never got it, Japanese cards were sought after just like American Pokemon are sought after by the Japanese on the global trade thingamajig these days.

• Keith says:

At the moment I’m finishing off Pokemon Soulsilver (when I can get a rematch with Misty). I’m almost ready to take on the elite 4 in Pokemon Diamond. My little Chimchar is now a fully evolved Infernape, and he did it without divine intervention. How they evolve quickly! (wipes tears from eyes) The closest I’ve come to finding a Pokemon that looks like His Noodliness is a Tangela but I daresay He will eventually manifest Himself into a more complete representation.

• JamesL says:

The shiny Tangela is green, like spinach pasta!

I don’t really like the Sinnoh games, TBH. GET EMERALD!!! NAO!

The battle frontier theme will be forever burned into my brain.. doo doo dah dee dum dee DAA doooo do do do, do dooo doooo do do do do DOOOO. Okay, that’s enough.

• Pastor di Semola de Grano Duro says:

Haven’t played any Pokemon games but I have quite a comprehensive trading card collection.

• Pegasaurus says:

Upvoted just for using “gobsmacked” in a sentence. Well done, sir

5. Sarah says:

Gorgeous! Ramen!

6. Eric T. Jones says:

Love the table, great job. I want one.

7. Blackjack Tips says:

I really thought the writing in the blog was very complexed, in a good way.;)

8. nyc steak houses says:

I agree with your points , wonderful post.