Old painting sighting

Published January 29th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

FSM Jesus

I stumbled across this old painting in an ancient text on the internet.

It looks like a powerful Pastarfarian. Check out those lovely spaghetti locks and luscious meatball eyes. I wonder, is there more to the story than we yet realize? Could The mighty Spaghetti Monster have sent a messenger to this world in times gone by to preach of His noodly love?

Tom

25 Responses to “Old painting sighting”

1. ThisIsB.S says:

Are you guys serious? This has to be a giant ass joke, right? This is CLEARLY not an actual painting! What the fuck?
    Do you guys actually think the creators of this were serious?! A FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER? really? Wow.

• Keith says:

Why, do you have a fragile belief system that feels threatened by humour?

2. frozen noodle dude says:

Hei man, could you respect our beliefs and stop judging please? im not questioning yours. thank you.

• Squeezle says:

May He visit you this Holiday that ye may soon know of the awesome power that is His noodley appendage.
      R’Amen.

3. Frederica says:

Blasphemy! I thought this site was kind of funny at first because I thought it was just harmless satire, but that’s just taking it too far >:( How dare you use a picture of Jesus Christ for something like this! That is just hateful and disturbing!

• Gwen says:

I do not believe that the intent was to cause offense. I think this was merely an attempt at humour. So try not to take this image too seriously, because we’re just trying to have fun!

R’Amen!

• bruceo says:

Frederica, what in the world made you think that was a picture of Jesus Christ? It doesn’t look like Jesus Christ to me. I believe YOU are the one being blasphemous! Shame on you!

• Frederica says:

Wow… all of you are just so… so… SILLY!! >:( Of course it’s a picture of Jesus Christ which was editted on photoshop because the person who did this thought it was a funny idea.
        If you don’t believe this picture was derived from a painting of Jesus then look here:

As for the comments on his garb: it’s a painting. Of course Jesus wouldn’t wear fancy clothing; the clothing is meant to symbolize his majesty in the kingdom of Heaven because he is God’s only begotten son. You don’t have to be a member of the Christian faith to recognize that.. sheesh. About the mole: obviously it was photoshopped in there too. About his skin color: That was how the original artist perceived how Jesus looks and has nothing to do with how I perceive how he looks. I think I would know where Jesus’ ministry took place thank you “Drained and Washed Clean”.. you’re just a walking encyclopedia of things I already know.

Please.. if you’re going to try and refute my claim do some homework. It’s really painful to have to explain all of this to everyone.

• Mal says:

Poor poor Frederica. Where is Captain Obvious when you need him?

• The Reverend Toni Rigatoni says:

Jesus christ? Since when did Jesus wear priestly robes? He was said to wear simple garb and his dad (or is it himself? I still can’t work it out) said it was sinful to wear mixed fabrics as the character in the picture is, so it is obviously a picture of a Pastafarian priest! So Frederica, it is you that is blaspheming as bruceo says. Repent now and accept his Noodlyness into your heart before you are cast into hell for your heretical pontifications!

The Reverend

• bruceo says:

Ramen, Rev. Rigatoni.
        Plus, Jesus Christ was supposed to be perfect, was he not? Why then would he have an ugly mole?
        Frederica, you are going to Hell for sure. (unless you give up your false religion and join the Church of The FSM!)

• Drained and Washed Clean says:

This dude is clearly white. The Jesus you speak of (and can’t prove actually existed) would have had a much darker skin tone being from the Middle East and all. You are obviously one who just accepts what other people tell you (and show you) without doing your own research. Shame on you.

4. Studley Goodhead says:

When artifacts like this are discovered it really annoys me that non believers try to rubbish and discredit His Divine Noodliness as if it was just some made up thing to control the masses or a great big joke or some big word with lots of syllables (possibly of Latin origin) that only ten people in the world can pronounce correctly and really know the meaning of. His followers know in their hearts that only His Noodly Appendages can bring light to the world and feed our need for truth and beer. It also saddens me that Frederica’s humor bypass was so successful. Perhaps His Noodliness will eventually restore her faith in Pirates and Durum Wheat. Arrrr.

RAmen and peas be stirred in with you.

5. Alex says:

I have just discovered the holy church of the spaghetti monster and I believe in most of it’s beliefs. I think it is sad that people try to make fun of the church and I feel that it is highly offensive. This picture was an attempt at humor but Federica took it too far. When you say that it is your god that we made fun of by doing this, you are wrong. I apologize to you for the person that wrote this but it wasn’t very kind to go all “God is holy and you made fun off Jesus” in our faces. If you think that this is offensive just get off the site.

6. Tom says:

I just found this again, after a few years. I am the one who found and submitted this holy relic. I just want to say to the doubters, it’s not ‘shopped. It’s a genuine photograph taken of the real Spaghetti Jesus, circa 1975.

Hope that settles it once and for all.