I hope you pay for your actions

Published January 17th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

Wow, what a scam you have used to set yourself up with money and Im guessing fame and all the stupid bimbos and other trappings it all brings. Just remember, since there is no god or religion there is nothing wrong with killing some low life, "educated" or not (or any other act). As an exemplar of life without a God, there is nothing keeping people from acting out against others in any capacity other than the relatively obscure chance of being caught. I personally believe in God. I like to think that I am held responsible at a higher level than what man does. I do like to think there’s more. I hope you pay for your actions sooner or later in life. I’m sure you will at some point. A Morally concerned man.

-Joseph

I’ve become conflicted about posting hate-mails. I think there are assumptions that the Church of FSM receives hundreds of hate-mails and that most of the mail from Christians is negative. Neither of those things are true. Hate-mails are not common, and the majority of Christians who email understand our purpose is not to mock them. Most Christians who I’ve talked to see problems with organized religion and the abuses and fraud that get tied up with faith and power.

But what I hear over and over is that they feel turned away by our reactions to hate mail. They feel too many of us believe they are stupid for being religious. Even if a few of us do, I hope the Church of FSM never turns into a venue for those opinions. That’s not what this is about.

For the most part I think we do a good job of turning down the volume on our most extreme voices, and I think that’s a healthy thing. Just as Christians have a few members who will be riled enough to write nasty letters to us, there will be a few of us riled enough to respond in kind. But the majority of us are reasonable and rational.

I hope we find a way to encourage more rational religious to venture over here, and that we find a way to keep them. The Church of FSM is open to all – and that includes those who believe in another God besides the Almighty FSM.
-Bobby

394 Responses to “I hope you pay for your actions”

1 7 8 9 10 11 15
  1. Apostle Strozzapreti says:

Forget all this hate, where is the love mail section bobby?

Although there seems to me some confusion going on here. Morality is generally not learned in a book,……or is it? Maybe a better question is, if it IS learned in a book, and attempted to “follow”, does it mean anything, or truly practiced, much less, taken to heart? In the end, I dont see that morality and religion have anything to do with one another…….. just saying….. Peace

2. aa m m says:

I’m sorry to everyone who uses the argument that atheism, and agnosticism is inherently A-moral. The Abrahamic religions specifically give a get out of jail free card to all those willing to repent. I’m sorry but most atheists myself included believe we have 1 life 1 existence and thus life is precious and we must be held accountable for our actions in that life. A christian can murder, accept god and all is forgiven. An atheist if they make that choice, just gave up they’re on and only chance at life to that choice.

3. ichlebaswine says:

The difference between Atheists and most other religions with a heaven and a hell as far as morals go is simple. A christian will always strive to do the right thing (in their gods eyes) not just because it is the right thing to do but it will stop them from going through an eternity of pain. An Atheist does what is morally right by them just because it is the right thing to do. They genuinely just want to do something good, they are not looking for a payoff for it nor are they scared of what will happen if they don’t do whats right.

• wulff says:

I was talking about this earlier with a friend of mine. The thing about atheists and agnostics that really scares the piss out of organized religion is that:

1) if everyone can be moral without fear of eternal punishment, and

2) if nobody was afraid of dying, then

3) there would be no need for religion, and perhaps things could get better around here.

4. Apostle Strozzapreti says:

Ok, well I really didnt want to do this, but I must clear some things up. Generally speaking, people start out at as atheists, than tend to lean towards agnostic. There is quite a gap between the two belief systems, but I lack the energy to go into details. Go to Wikipedia. To say we as humans totally know and understand everything on our planet, much less the universe… is just plain ignorant.

Simply, there is no easy anwsers. My only problem with religions, (not the people) is they hide people from the truth. To find the truth all you have to do is clear your mind and heart, find some silence and clarity in your life- and there it is.

I have zero religion in my life. I have a belief system, and theres a huge difference on so many levels. It is not easy to TRULY live with morals. We all want to act upon our impulses and give into temptation. I do not have that threat of god hanging over my head, nor is heaven in my future. Its very simple, and yet it is very complicated.

Bottom line, life isnt all black and white. 98% of our days and decisions are gray. It is easier to follow, than to question everything you believe on a fundamental level. In the end, happiness is what matters. If you find happiness in what ever f*cked up belief system you have, than your doing better than me, and more power to you.

5. Sky says:

1997 Federal Bureau of Prisons Statistics: Less than 1% of prison population are atheists (0.209%). 39.164% Catholic. 35.008% Protestant. 7.273% Muslim. 1.744% Church of Christ. 0.890% Jehovah’s witness. 1.180% Buddhist.

so tell me, if having no god means you have no morals, why there are so few atheists in prison?

• Sky says:

I have a religion. Pastafarianism. If that isn’t good enough for you, then fine. I don’t need your approval. Even if this does seem ridiculous to you, it is the path I choose to follow. His noodliness as a guide is worth more to me than any traditional god. He unites people, promotes equality and acceptance. He is neither judgmental, nor vengeful.

May you be touched by his noodly appendage.

• Keith says:

That’s odd. No mention of the so-called Scientologists. I suppose when they end up in prison they are told to keep quiet about their beliefs or their church will send the boys round.

• Sky says:

I didn’t put up all the religions listed. just ones with the higher percentage or popularity. Scientology is 0.254%. http://www.freethoughtpedia.com/wiki/Percentage_of_atheists

• Keith says:

OK, thanks Sky. I know I’ve got it in for these guys just on the principle that their “religion” is based on science fantasy- as opposed to supernatural fantasy. Not sure why though.

• Sky says:

For some reason the reply button isn’t showing up on your post… but I’m sure this will do.

The only problem I have with scientologists, is the fact that the church is taking money from these people. It’s fraud, but only on a slightly larger scale than other religions. The difference is Christian leaders actually believe that donating money will help save them. The 700 club, however, is a completely different story.

• Keith says:

I just had a thought that if scientologists believed in the young earth myth most of their crap would be wiped out with the stroke of a pen. The Mesozoic era would not have existed. (The Volcano where all the souls were allegedly imprisoned didn’t exist in the Cretaceous period anyway)

• midnight rider says:

Hey it also said Pasta 1485 1.987% …. oh wait no, that was Rasta. Sorry. :)

6. Simon says:

“Just remember, since there is no god or religion there is nothing wrong with killing some low life”

Read your bible fella. God condones killing on an industrial scale. You wouldn’t have wanted to be a hitite, jebusite or midianite when god set the israelites loose with instructions to commit genocide. Oh yeah. He’s also into psychological child abuse. What the catholic priests get up to with their alter boys is nothing compared to what god told Abraham to do to Isaac.

More evil has been, and still is, committed on this earth in the name of religion than any other cause.

As far as I am aware, no evil has been committed in the name of the CoFSM. It remains a place for people who can think for themselves, set their own moral compass, and believe in thing that are certainly no more ridiculous than than the beliefs of other religions.

• Interested says:

It’s difficult to commit evil in the name of a giant flying mass of spaghetti with two meatballs in the middle. Evil is generally not humorous enough to be so enlightened. For which I am glad: Blessed is the Noodly Appendage of FSM, for from it came the Sauce, and the Sauce knows not Evil, but is made of everlasting Tomato. Except when it is made of Alfredo. :D

7. Sphonx says:

You sound like the only thing stopping you going out on a killing spree is you religion? In which case for you it’s probably a good thing so keep the faith, please……………..

I personally dont need the threat of eternal damnation to keep me from murdering my fellow meat balls

May you be touched by his noodly appendage (or not in your case)

• midnight rider says:

lol !

8. Beatrice says:

Dear Joseph,
    like many christians, you naively think that your religion = morality.
    It’s not true. For example, you say: “I hope you pay for your actions sooner or later in life.” This is not morality, this is hate, and it’s given by your religion.

Morality is an ethic code that you should follow for the wellbeing of everybody because after deep phylosophical considerations you realized it’s the right thing to do, and not just because there is an entity that sends you to hell if you don’t do it.
    People who blindly follow religions like yours are VERY DANGEROUS: they kill in the name of their gods, they behave bad (and then ask for remission of sins), and also believe that they are NOT RESPONSIBLE for their actions, because God drive them.

I hope you will continue to have a wonderful naive life.

Beatrice