193466 Views

I hope you pay for your actions

Published January 17th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

Wow, what a scam you have used to set yourself up with money and Im guessing fame and all the stupid bimbos and other trappings it all brings. Just remember, since there is no god or religion there is nothing wrong with killing some low life, "educated" or not (or any other act). As an exemplar of life without a God, there is nothing keeping people from acting out against others in any capacity other than the relatively obscure chance of being caught. I personally believe in God. I like to think that I am held responsible at a higher level than what man does. I do like to think there’s more. I hope you pay for your actions sooner or later in life. I’m sure you will at some point. A Morally concerned man.

-Joseph

I’ve become conflicted about posting hate-mails. I think there are assumptions that the Church of FSM receives hundreds of hate-mails and that most of the mail from Christians is negative. Neither of those things are true. Hate-mails are not common, and the majority of Christians who email understand our purpose is not to mock them. Most Christians who I’ve talked to see problems with organized religion and the abuses and fraud that get tied up with faith and power.

But what I hear over and over is that they feel turned away by our reactions to hate mail. They feel too many of us believe they are stupid for being religious. Even if a few of us do, I hope the Church of FSM never turns into a venue for those opinions. That’s not what this is about.

For the most part I think we do a good job of turning down the volume on our most extreme voices, and I think that’s a healthy thing. Just as Christians have a few members who will be riled enough to write nasty letters to us, there will be a few of us riled enough to respond in kind. But the majority of us are reasonable and rational.

I hope we find a way to encourage more rational religious to venture over here, and that we find a way to keep them. The Church of FSM is open to all – and that includes those who believe in another God besides the Almighty FSM.
-Bobby

382 Responses to “I hope you pay for your actions”

1 5 6 7 8 9 14
  1. Greg says:

Joseph its people like you that scare me and the reason why religion is actualy a deadly sickness

If I do something nice for you, I’m not expecting any immediate reward, but what I’m doing is propagating a mean that if were going to live in a co-operative society it benefits all of us to behave as nicely as possible to each other.

In other words its good for you if I don’t kill you and its good for me if you don’t kill me. What do we accomplish other than ceasing each other potential at a good life. I like being alive and I can assume you do as well. So right there I have built a moral foundation based on my own experience and reason, acquainted with a bit of love and passion for life and future. I did all this without a deity.

See if you were to discover there were not God you would kill for say fun or w/e reason with no personal moral foundation. Your actions are souly based on someone who judges you. Watches you. What you don’t know is God is actually your moral subconscious. You already know its wrong to kill, but you simply attach the idea to a sky man who watches you.

2. Jeff says:

there’s nothing keeping us from acting out against others? really? so you’re saying, without the threat of hell, you’d go out and murder and rape random people? okay, ARE YOU STUPID? have you ever though about having your own morals?

Just because we don’t have the threat of hell if we do things wrong doesn’t mean that we’re going to be worse people. IN FACT, it makes us better, because we refrain from immoral things on our own whim, and not because we’re threatened with eternity burning in hell. I don’t mind most religion people, really, but this one is just stupid.

3. Christian B says:

“As an exemplar of life without a God, there is nothing keeping people from acting out against others in any capacity other than the relatively obscure chance of being caught.”

…Really? I guess all the atheists currently in existence are all rapists and murderers. Or perhaps it’s that following a religion means your not capable of rape and murderess crusades. But your right, I mean all the other animals out there follow religion, that’s what keeps them from just Indiscriminately murdering each other for no reason (and don’t even try saying that because they don’t have free thought that this is not applicable, humans are animals just like the rest and are constrained by natural selection, evolution, and survival. Just because there are some crazies out there, the majority of people don’t just randomly kill people or we wouldn’t really be in existence right now).

• aa m m says:

I think you miss the point that under christian Dogma, you merely need to ask forgiveness and your on to your next life free and clear. I don’t know about you, but most atheists think there is THIS life only. No free, no clear, you do something wrong and get caught you get punished. A more atheistic legal system would most likely put more emphasis on not putting people in jail wrongly, since they only get one life.

4. Chase says:

Morality does not have to be derived from a higher power. If the only thing stopping you from murdering someone is a man in the sky, I’m quite frightened for my safety. Figure out why wrong is wrong for yourself; you’ll find that morality is derived from things such as empathy and knowledge of physical consequence of laws put in place by us, for us, which ensure our survival and which keep our species from self destruction.

Ramen.

5. Ryan says:

Yeah nothing gets bitches and money like religion. I mean look at the pope he has all the money and little boys that any pedophile could ever want.

• aa m m says:

or Joseph Smith. Running from the law? have debts piling up? start a religion! the name Mormonism is taken though!

come to think about it, has anyone checked Mr. Henderson’s books lately?

6. JiveTurkey says:

I abhor all violence, and I don’t believe in any God figure. And I hate that some people think that because I don’t believe in divine retribution that I have no moral compass. I don’t hurt anything because I cherish all life, not because I’m afraid of being punished with eternal fire. Why can’t people be good to each other just to be good to each other?

7. Anonymous the Pastafarian says:

It’s another “Athiests are immoral because they don’t worry about going to hell” person.

Well, if you actually need hell and God to make you moral, there’s something wrong with you.

R’Amen.

8. Future Predator says:

There seems to be a lot of retards giving you hate mail at the moment, you’ve got to hang in there because they are just victims with no mates on facebook, I, myself, am persecuted for my participation in the all powerful church of Howard Stern!

FTM!