I hope you pay for your actions

Published January 17th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

Wow, what a scam you have used to set yourself up with money and Im guessing fame and all the stupid bimbos and other trappings it all brings. Just remember, since there is no god or religion there is nothing wrong with killing some low life, "educated" or not (or any other act). As an exemplar of life without a God, there is nothing keeping people from acting out against others in any capacity other than the relatively obscure chance of being caught. I personally believe in God. I like to think that I am held responsible at a higher level than what man does. I do like to think there’s more. I hope you pay for your actions sooner or later in life. I’m sure you will at some point. A Morally concerned man.

-Joseph

I’ve become conflicted about posting hate-mails. I think there are assumptions that the Church of FSM receives hundreds of hate-mails and that most of the mail from Christians is negative. Neither of those things are true. Hate-mails are not common, and the majority of Christians who email understand our purpose is not to mock them. Most Christians who I’ve talked to see problems with organized religion and the abuses and fraud that get tied up with faith and power.

But what I hear over and over is that they feel turned away by our reactions to hate mail. They feel too many of us believe they are stupid for being religious. Even if a few of us do, I hope the Church of FSM never turns into a venue for those opinions. That’s not what this is about.

For the most part I think we do a good job of turning down the volume on our most extreme voices, and I think that’s a healthy thing. Just as Christians have a few members who will be riled enough to write nasty letters to us, there will be a few of us riled enough to respond in kind. But the majority of us are reasonable and rational.

I hope we find a way to encourage more rational religious to venture over here, and that we find a way to keep them. The Church of FSM is open to all – and that includes those who believe in another God besides the Almighty FSM.
-Bobby

393 Responses to “I hope you pay for your actions”

1 4 5 6 7 8 15
  1. Vicki says:

RAmen.

Every group has it’s kooks. I am one of the few Bobby mentioned; I believe in more Gods than the FSM. I also hail Odin, Thor, Freyja, and the rest of the Norse Gods. Some of my other Pagan and Heathen friends are regular visitors of this site. One friend even flys the piratefish flag in their shop window. It is nice to hear I am appreciated.

Hail FSM =).

Oh, and Joseph (Hate Mail guy), you make me morally concerned… If you feel that unstable, then you should go seek help before you hurt someone.

2. Andrew says:

It’s always disturbing to read that the belief in divine punishment is the only thing keeping Christians from stealing and murdering.

• theFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

It’s “morally concerned” Christians like this who burned witches at the stake.

3. Reverend Marinara says:

Joseph,

Morality is an individuals choice between doing “good” and doing “bad”. What is good, or what is bad, is defined by the consequences that would follow the act under consideration. It does not require any knowledge of God. Just an ability to understand “cause” and “effect”, and a rational understanding that things that come from the respect of others, a desire for peace and betterment of life for yourself AND others, is better than decisions that would harm others for personal gain, because any short term or selfish gain could come back to you as others treat you in kind. Basically, what goes around comes around.

Indeed, some of the most moral people ever, were not devout followers of any religion. Likewise, some of the most despicable evil is done in the name of God.

Go ahead – believe in God. But, I hope that there is more than fear of Him keeping you righteous. I hope you are capable of REAL morality

RAmen,
    Reverend Marinara

• TiltedHorizon says:

“Blind adherence to what someone told you “God said”, is not morality. It is compliance.”

um, the ‘Shepard’ calls them ‘sheep’, it’s not compliance, just herding. baaaaaaaaaaaaah!

4. Andrea says:

What I have observed of people in general is that they will do what they want to do wether or not they believe “God” will punish them for it. They use their God as either the reason or the solution for what they do if they don’t just forget about god altogether when it suits them. What kind of deterrent is this God when he will just forgive you in the end anyways? Not to mention he is a hypocrite…he killed as well as ordered the killing of thousands throughout the bible…women and children included. There are even instances of rape ordered by the man himself. Great example your setting there there “Yahweh”. Sounds less and less like a perfect being and more like the mythical creation of a very human and possibly psychotic mind. Christians, read the bible…all of it. Its freakin terrifying.

5. Ravi Oli says:

[quote]As an exemplar of life without a God, there is nothing keeping people from acting out against others in any capacity other than the relatively obscure chance of being caught.[/quote]

Joseph just read a newspaper or watch the evening news… that describes any Society or Nation on Earth. Have you just proved God doesn’t exist?

As to acting out against others… I am EXTREMELY concerned about action taken against Somalian Pirates… IMO the recent severe weather events around the world are directly related to a rapid decline in their numbers.

6. Pirate Frog says:

I haven’t read every one of the comments here, but what struck me was the fact that, since our God isn’t his God, this guy doesn’t think we believ in any god.

This is the thing that gets me. Here we have a perfectly serviceable diety, the only one I know of who provides a money-back guarantee, and our friend Joseph (above) says that when we promote His Noodly Goodness and 8 I’d really-rather-you-didn’t-s, we’re promoting athiesm.

Joseph, we never claimed that your guy didn’t exist, only that the FSM was here first and does a better job.

Yo-Ho and RAmen!

7. Joe says:

I’d rather cut someone down on issues of them being an idiot rather than which animal or vegetable based deity they pray to. If someone can not form a cohesive thought or at least run a spell checker when they are insulting someone they shouldn’t be allowed to have a keyboard.

8. Bob Dobbs, yes, that Bob Dobbs says:

Dear Joseph,
    Someday, somehow, I am going to murder the crap out of you because of what you said about my Monster.
    Love, Bob