206831 Views

I hope you pay for your actions

Published January 17th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

Wow, what a scam you have used to set yourself up with money and Im guessing fame and all the stupid bimbos and other trappings it all brings. Just remember, since there is no god or religion there is nothing wrong with killing some low life, "educated" or not (or any other act). As an exemplar of life without a God, there is nothing keeping people from acting out against others in any capacity other than the relatively obscure chance of being caught. I personally believe in God. I like to think that I am held responsible at a higher level than what man does. I do like to think there’s more. I hope you pay for your actions sooner or later in life. I’m sure you will at some point. A Morally concerned man.

-Joseph

I’ve become conflicted about posting hate-mails. I think there are assumptions that the Church of FSM receives hundreds of hate-mails and that most of the mail from Christians is negative. Neither of those things are true. Hate-mails are not common, and the majority of Christians who email understand our purpose is not to mock them. Most Christians who I’ve talked to see problems with organized religion and the abuses and fraud that get tied up with faith and power.

But what I hear over and over is that they feel turned away by our reactions to hate mail. They feel too many of us believe they are stupid for being religious. Even if a few of us do, I hope the Church of FSM never turns into a venue for those opinions. That’s not what this is about.

For the most part I think we do a good job of turning down the volume on our most extreme voices, and I think that’s a healthy thing. Just as Christians have a few members who will be riled enough to write nasty letters to us, there will be a few of us riled enough to respond in kind. But the majority of us are reasonable and rational.

I hope we find a way to encourage more rational religious to venture over here, and that we find a way to keep them. The Church of FSM is open to all – and that includes those who believe in another God besides the Almighty FSM.
-Bobby

390 Responses to “I hope you pay for your actions”

1. Pesto says:

As an exemplar of life without a God, there is nothing keeping people from acting like normal, non-violent, social beings that lack the tendency to go on a random killing spree or send hypocritical e-mails.

2. Lioss says:

I don’t really understand,pastafarians kill people?!Pastafarians use bimbos to seduced new believers?!

Anyway,the author can like to think there is a god,he can like to think he will have something after life…
    Contrary to others believers,pastafarians never try to impose their dogma.
    Joseph,you can think what you want,I don’t care,so why do you care about what I think?Why can’t you let me think what I want?

Aimes ton prochain comme toi-même.
    Que celui qui n’a jamais péché lui jète la première pierre.
    Avant d’enlever la paille dans l’oeil de ton voisin,occupes toi de la poutre qu’il y a dans le tien.

I’m sorry to write it in french (I don’t know it in english),I think you should read your bible with more attention,Jesus wanted no hatred,no threats,no intolerance.
    Joseph you are not a good christian.

3. BigBoneDP from OZ says:

“…I like to think that I am held responsible at a higher level than what man does…”
    What does this mean???

4. Roderick, Rutgers Pastafarians Purser says:

“Good Without God” is actually a common campaign among many organizations, such as our mateys in Humanism… furthermore, if you every study morality and ethics, you will notice it has be secularized for well a couple centuries. Good IS still an intrinsic value everyone holds. And, we get to do it by helping the educational community and others.

• Uncommoner says:

And if you ever study moral and ethics as it pertains to evolution, you will notice the debate continues.

• plumberbob says:

@ Uncommoner,

You should already be aware, since you’ve already done the studying that you infer is necessary, that evolution is science, and moral(s) and ethics are philosophy. They’re taught in different buildings on campus and certainly by different teachers. The subjects are unrelated.

If, however you haven’t read any Baruch Spinoza, I’d suggest you start here:

Baruch Spinoza was a Jew of Iberian ancestry living in Amsterdam in the 1600’s at the height of the Spanish Inquisition. He was well educated and was in contact with escapees from the inquisition, several of whom went crazy and ended their lives. His studies convinced him of the nonexistence of the Abramamic deity. He was banned from the Jewish community and wrote his philosophy in solitude, away from the community of other people; he was the first and most renowned Jewish atheist. My favorite exposition is, Spinoza and Other Heretics by Yirmiyahu Yovel.
        Spinoza was the first of the philosophers who was exiled from all communities of faith, either by force or by temperament, and all later philosophers have built on his foundation. By studying Spinoza, you will be led to many other philosophers who have been troubled by the nonexistence of God. By seeing how others have come to grips with this problem, you will be led to your own solution.

When you’ve studied that source, I’d like to discuss Spinoza’s and other philosophers’ struggles with faith and ethics here with you.

RAmen

• Uncommoner says:

I will make it the very next text I engage. thx.

In addition, I would like to point out that any response I make here is in an attempt to call forth the best of the best. I know that THESE particular individuals will continue to make points, and arguments, without relinquishing respect from either side. With that said, I would also like to make sure that you realize I will NEVER quote scripture (Christian scripture) to prove a point; nor utilize an experiential, Christian poit-of-view to answer a question.
          Another point is that there are evolutionists(even Darwinists) who will continue to debate that morality is a product of evolution; that natural selection explains morals, as well. I am glad that you see it at least a little differently. And I would be glad to discuss openly once I study (I may even turn to you for questions during lol), as long as you realize that philosophers of this “type” eventuate into Theology, a subject I am very familiar with.

• plumberbob says:

@ Uncommoner ,

You’re on.

RAmen

5. Nicole says:

“Just remember, since there is no god or religion there is nothing wrong with killing some low life, “educated” or not ”

“A Morally concerned man”

Yes, Joseph, I see your point. There is nothing more moral than making veiled death threats.Good on you … you’ve certainly taken us to school today.

On another note ….. Bimbos???? Are we supposed to get bimbos ? … just for the record I haven’t gotten mune yet. Do I need to send postage to someone ? Someone, Please, let me know what I have to do to get mine.

• opiesysco says:

He may have been talking about the strippers. But to call them bimbos is just uncalled for. They are people too and have feelings.

• lilwench says:

The strippers are just trying to pay for college :)

6. theFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

I’m glad you believe in God, Joe. You’re the kind of twisted a-hole who NEEDS a Big Boogeyman in the Sky to keep him from going berserk. Personally, I’m Concerned about Your Morals.

7. JDE says:

This is the reason we need mandatory testing for intelligence and developmental level as a prerequisite for voting (and, preferably, for breeding).

• Brian Fritzen says:

Yes, but unfortunately, they use that excuse to prevent the “lesser races” from voting. They have in the past and they will in the future. Remember, it is a holes like this guy who think black people came from an allegory called Cain and Abel.

8. Lucifer says:

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you’d have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion.
    Gods don’t kill people. People who believe in gods kill people.
    God said: “I AM THAT I AM” (Exodus 3:14)
    Popeye said: “I yam what I yam.” (Popeye song, the original)
    Therefore, God and Popeye are the same.
    If Jesus was hung, would we pray to a rope?

• opiesysco says:

That is awesome.
      How would xtians make the sign of the rope?

• Atsap Revol says:

OPIESYSCO,

Xtians would have to make the sign of the scaffold, an inverted L. Start with the right hand at the heart, move it to the right, then plunge it downward to the area of the gonads. Could be worse, what is Jesus had been guillotined?

AR

• Atsap Revol says:

make that “WHAT IF…”

• The Minister of Silly Walks says:

Personally, I’m too busy wondering if Jesus had been born in more modern times, would Christians wear miniature electric chairs around their necks?
          RAmen, Richard Dawkins, RAmen.

• TiltedHorizon says:

They still have electric chairs? I would have thought it would be by lethal injection. Would that mean christian would wear gurney charms or syringes?

• Brian Fritzen says:

…or syringes!

• Uncommoner says:

may i add that people who don’t believe in gods kill people?

• plumberbob says:

@ Uncommoner,

That’s a pretty dogmatic and all-inclusive assertion.

For that assertion to be rationally considered by any of the regulars here, we need you to immediately provide all the citations necessary to justify it.

RAmen

• Uncommoner says:

This I realize, so I phrased it in the form of a question.

It would actually be ill-willed for my question to be all-inclusive. (I know EVERYONE’s not a killer.)
          The weakly-veiled formulation of the question is a counter, in response to what Lucifer said:”

“People who believe in God kills people”

Truly a dogmatic phrase, if you ask me.
          I hope that cleared it up.

Another point I tried to make, was exactly what you were implying about my question. However I require no citation to know that it is fallacious to say that “people who believe in God kill people.” I categorize no one based on denomination or theology: everyone is succeptible and a target for scrutiny, and especially the Christians who send Hate mail to this site.

• plumberbob says:

@ Uncommoner ,

You’ve just said nothing. We call it a word salad. You will use philosophically sound definitions, and proper citations for each of your assertions, or we will simply assume that you are just another of the ignorant bible thumpers who seem to nothing but what has been shoveled at them from the pulpit.

eg: “Lucifer”, who, where, when, context. You need to supply a full citation. We don’t care if you need the citation, but unless you supply it, you’ll be classed as one mentioned above and you’ll be discarded from here.

RAmen

• plumberbob says:

mea culpa: insert for omitted word: …who seem to know nothing…

• Rev Toni Rigatoni says:

You’re right Uncommoner, people who don’t believe in gods do kill people, but how many of them kill people BECAUSE they DON’T believe in gods compared to those who kill people because they DO believe in gods? Your statement is meaningless, people kill for many reasons, but only religious people use god to justify their actions.

• theFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

Evil people will kill people, but to get “good” people to kill, you need religion.

• Uncommoner says:

(When I have ample time, I will continue my time here at FSM. My schedule only allows very short, specific breaks for free time, though. So my apologies to everyone ahead of time If it seems like I’ve ‘run away’)

@plumber bob:
          At my current paraprofessional position in life, I know the importance of having citations.

Your example:
          “Lucifer”, who, where, when, context. You need to supply a full citation.

If you really need the citation, here it is:

Instructions:
          Ctrl + F : Lucifer. (I don‘t know how to search a document on a Mac, sry)
          Read post.

@Rev Toni Rigatoni
          First, thanks for understanding what my previous comment was trying to clear up. Yes, my statement is meaningless. It was MY personal response to an equally meaningless statement made by someone else.

And btw, the statement “only RELIGIOUS people use God to justify their actions” is a meaningless statement, wouldn’t you agree? I mean, who else would?

• plumberbob says:

@ Uncommoner,

You seem to be oblivious to the meaning and usage of the word “citation” in the context in which it is normally used in technical papers. The citation is supposed to direct the reader to the specific source of the item in question so that it is clear exactly where the author got the item, and how it is being used in context in the current document. self reference, as per your link and your instruction is woefully inadequate. The adequacy of your “paraprofessional position” and its academic preparation are fraying at the edges.

RAmen

• stylusmobilus says:

And by extension, Mary is Olive Oyl.