203148 Views

I hope you pay for your actions

Published January 17th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

Wow, what a scam you have used to set yourself up with money and Im guessing fame and all the stupid bimbos and other trappings it all brings. Just remember, since there is no god or religion there is nothing wrong with killing some low life, "educated" or not (or any other act). As an exemplar of life without a God, there is nothing keeping people from acting out against others in any capacity other than the relatively obscure chance of being caught. I personally believe in God. I like to think that I am held responsible at a higher level than what man does. I do like to think there’s more. I hope you pay for your actions sooner or later in life. I’m sure you will at some point. A Morally concerned man.

-Joseph

I’ve become conflicted about posting hate-mails. I think there are assumptions that the Church of FSM receives hundreds of hate-mails and that most of the mail from Christians is negative. Neither of those things are true. Hate-mails are not common, and the majority of Christians who email understand our purpose is not to mock them. Most Christians who I’ve talked to see problems with organized religion and the abuses and fraud that get tied up with faith and power.

But what I hear over and over is that they feel turned away by our reactions to hate mail. They feel too many of us believe they are stupid for being religious. Even if a few of us do, I hope the Church of FSM never turns into a venue for those opinions. That’s not what this is about.

For the most part I think we do a good job of turning down the volume on our most extreme voices, and I think that’s a healthy thing. Just as Christians have a few members who will be riled enough to write nasty letters to us, there will be a few of us riled enough to respond in kind. But the majority of us are reasonable and rational.

I hope we find a way to encourage more rational religious to venture over here, and that we find a way to keep them. The Church of FSM is open to all – and that includes those who believe in another God besides the Almighty FSM.
-Bobby

390 Responses to “I hope you pay for your actions”

1 2 3 14
  1. Janus says:

Wow… I am always so amazed at how the “morally concerned” are so quick to advocate death and violence. I wish I could explain to some of these people that there are many of us who understand concepts like morality and ethics without the need for an invisible man in the sky to punish us for any and all infractions. The Flying Spaghetti Monster sees what you do, sir, and all he asks is that you drink at the beer volcano with us in peace, and enjoy a sea shanty with an open mind.

• opiesysco says:

You forgot the stripper factory!
      Tell him about the stripper factory!!

• Runiat says:

Even without words like “morality” and “ethics”, it’s still a genetic fact that the human race is of the Great Apes family, all of which are social animals – in other words, it’s against our instincts to hurt those we consider part of our group (which, for those who take biology seriously, is all of mankind – while others might just consider it their country or religion and go blow up Baghdad to keep the oil-prices down).

Oh, and “relatively obscure chance of being caught”? I don’t know where you live, but in Denmark the police is over 90% effective at solving murders, so compared to your God who’ll apparently not only forgive but possibly reward genocide…

Never forget the stripper factory.
      RAmen.

• Bob Dobbs, yes, that Bob Dobbs says:

Likewise how they start thinking about people fucking the livestock as soon as boys start kissing other boys.

2. Mariusz says:

Those people are scary. When only such a fallible concept as God keeps them from murdering others, then only His Omninoodleness is able to predict what actions they may perform… Oh Great Flying Spaghetti Monster, deliver us please from idiocity and let us lounge in the shadow of the stripper factory since it’s only up to You to touch those otherwise worthy people with Your Noodly Appendage!

3. Mariner says:

“As an exemplar of life without a God, there is nothing keeping people from acting out against others in any capacity other than the relatively obscure chance of being caught.”

This is what scares me about xians. Some of them think that it’s OK to kill people if there isn’t an invisible sky fairy stopping them from doing it. I’m sure there are others in other religions who feel the same way, but it’s the xians who send us hate mail. Morals and ethics mean nothing to a person who thinks this way.

• tekHedd says:

Making this scarier, I always wonder how many secretly don’t really believe in any god. They like being in their social club, one of the benefits of which is that they can be forgiven for any heinous act just by asking nicely and pretending to be serious.

• kristen says:

I always wonder this too… especially for the leaders. I see the televangelists and wonder if they really believe all that crap they are spouting, and how they can take so much money, fake heal people, etc. etc. Surely they know what they do.

• KrazyKarl says:

This I can confirm as I was raised in an evangelical christian church and very early on I stopped believing and started acting. I know that there were other teenagers in that church who were trapped in a similar predicament. That is, they were living in a christian home surrounded by christian friends with no one to relate to apart from the few others in the church like myself. This made it difficult to ever really feel “at home” since the only time I could be myself and comfortable was when I wasn’t. Who knows how many are out there who are presently having similar experiences.

• Brian Fritzen says:

Even scarier are the ones who murder in the name of the Invisible Sky Zombie! It is damned if you do and damned if you don’t. We need their religion in order to keep these people in line? Yet they still come out and kill, murder, and rape in the name of their Fairy in the Sky.

• Danimal says:

The Logic(?): If god didn’t want me to kill this guy then he would have stopped me, but because he didn’t then I was therefore doing gods will.

• Jon says:

The biggest thing that concerns me about the argument of “Just remember, since there is no god or religion there is nothing wrong with killing some low life” is that the author is immediately (in my opinion) admitting to being a psychopath.

They are saying that without the fear of ever lasting torment they don’t see why they shouldn’t kill people. They have admitted to having no moral, compassionate or ethical code except that of selfishness, and if they have a lapse of faith they don’t see anything wrong with murder and such.

If heaven if where these people go, I don’t want to be there.

• Keith says:

I’m sure Dante would have had a special place for creatures like him.

4. Danimal says:

***Religion: For those who can’t internalize good behavior!***

In other words it’s only wrong if someone sees you do it. Normally this wouldn’t be an issue as xtians think god is always watching (even when they’re doing the nasty) but remember, “We are all sinners in the eyes of God.” and “God will forgive us our sins if we only have faith.” So therefore it’s OK to sin as long as you have faith and no one catches you doing it. Boy and I thought being a Pastafarian meant having flimsy moral standards.
    Yarr,
    Danimal

• alfalfa31 says:

So, if god is always watching, even when you’re doing the nasty, would he be guilty of criminal eavesdropping like that guy in New York who spied on his wife?

5. DavidH says:

Usual neanderthal christian. This one has picked up a few posh words but they don’t disguise the violent thickhead underneath.

• harddirt says:

Please don’t bad-mouth neanderthals. They are far above fundies.

6. Bigslicka says:

I do not need the fear of punishment (read hell) nor the promise of a reward (read heaven) to be a good, moral, and ethical member of the human race. If some in this world do need the fear or the promise so they will behave that’s all well and good. But I like and trust those who do not much much more.

7. Phyve says:

All right… all right… but apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order… what have the Romans done for us?

• Np237 says:

You might want to add that their empire shattered to pieces when they converted to christianism.

• Phyve says:

Ooooo!!! Great point!

• opiesysco says:

They gave us the modern calendar too.
      They gave us the months of July and August, without these months, we would have no summer.
      They gave us apples. Without apples, the talking, dirt eating snake wouldnt have gotten adam and eve in trouble.
      The Romans went to china to get pasta. And without pasta, where would we be today?

• Bigslicka says:

I thought it was a pear not an apple. Not that it really matters all that much.

• Phyve says:

No, it was a wisdom fruit… I only say that, because it totally validates the Adam n Eve story… Doesn’t it?

• stevo65 says:

I think it was an apple.I’m sure i heard somebody mention apples at some point.And talking snakes. Anyway,it convinced me of the validity of the whole precept and no mistake.

• Keith says:

In fact the identity of the fruit is not mentioned. I read somewhere once that it would most likely have been a pomegranate. Since Adam and Eve were more likely living in a cold cave/smelly hide tent, starving and trying to avoid being eaten by predators I doubt they would have discussed the nature of what they ate.

• theFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

It was the apple that got the ball rolling, but Adam and Eve were kicked out of Eden once Adam spoke out to God like he had a pear.

• perrrob says:

Without apples there would be no gravity either … we would all be floating in space. His Holy Noodliness thought of everything.

• opiesysco says:

How could I forget about gravity???
          See, His Noodliness made it so we can remind each other of things we forget.
          May Sauce Be Upon Him
          rAmen

• RealBricktop says:

Whine?

8. Insightful Ape says:

Oh, the hypocrisy…
    “Morally concerned man” sees nothing wrong with committing all kinds of atrocities. As long as no one is watching over his shoulder!
    Let me see. Threats? Check. Holier than thou “ministering”? Check. Being an asshole through and through? Check.
    Thank FSM I am not a follower of his god.
    PS: Dear Joe, do you have a problem with free enterprise? You sound like a commie.

• lilwench says:

Joseph forgot to threaten us with insertion of an oar up our nether regions. That was a memorable hate mail….

1 2 3 14