Amazing propaganda artwork

Published January 16th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

Steven_Klingers_Propaganda

Steven Klinger’s Pastafarian Propaganda.  Amazing work – I can’t stop looking at this.  I now badly want to market FSM beer.

You can see some more of Steven’s artwork on his Facebook profile.

I think it would be great if we could help Steven kick-start his artistic career.  Anyone with a project in mind in need of talent?

62 Responses to “Amazing propaganda artwork”

1. Murray says:

FSM beer would be a pretty sweet way to raise funds for the pirate ship. Not to mention spreading the word of the church.
    Two birds with one stone. This must be done!

• Kevin says:

With all the Home Brewers I know, I say you just sell FSM Beer labels and let people come up with their own brews.
      Individual congregations could have their own Beer Festivals for fund raising, fun and education.

• Udon says:

I think that is a fantastic idea.

2. tekHedd says:

Glorious!

3. ArtLover says:

I’d love to get that done as a tattoo, any objections Steven?

• rationalone says:

Hey I asked first man!

• rationalone says:

Oh wait, No I didn’t I’m only five months behind.

4. best steak new york city says:

I agree with your points , wonderful post.

5. Waneta Quadnau says:

You could certainly see your expertise in the work you write. The arena hopes for even more passionate writers like you who aren’t afraid to mention how they believe. Always go after your heart.

• Pirate Johnson says:

Writer?

6. Jake says:

Tshirts man, Tshirts!

7. Craig Riley says:

Get a life, you idiots!!

• TiltedHorizon says:

That’s funny, I was just wishing that I had have a life so I could use it to call others idiots.

• rationalone says:

RAMEN

• Vasudera Torrent says:

That’s a great point. That’s what I will do once I get a life too.

• Keith says:

Craig: If you have a life why don’t you go out and enjoy it instead of abusing other people on the internet?

• Joey D. says:

Well if people are calling us idiots, we must be doing something right. History dictates that those with vision are usually the first ones ridiculed.

• Sky says:

i lol’d

• rationalone says:

True, even Columbus was called crazy for thinking the earth was round.
        Bertrand Russel was called a hieratic for questioning mainstream religion.
        We Americans are taught at an early age that we should go along to get along.
        I think there is something wrong with attempting to maintain the same old beliefs when they are obviously insane.
        Just to clarify, in my humble opinion, insanity is believing things you can’t understand, or explain.

Why should anyone go along with the things that are wrong?

• Mark says:

“even Columbus was called crazy for thinking the earth was round.”
          No Columbus actually thought the Earth was Pear Shaped

• Mal says:

pear shaped…. but not flat like a majority of his contemporaries. Regardless of what shape he actually thought the Earth was, he was called crazy for being more correct than the rest of those idiots.

The point stands.

• wulff says:

I thought it was banana shaped.

• Mal says:

Would Columbus have known what a banana looked like? Did the old world have bananas?

• wulff says:

Wow. I thought everybody would get that reference.

From “Monty Python and the Holy Grail”:

Sir Bedevere: And that my liege is how we know the Earth to be banana shaped.
          King Arthur: This new learning amazes me Sir Bedevere. Explain again how sheep’s’ bladders may be used to prevent earthquakes.

• Mal says:

Ha, right. I thought it sounded familiar but just couldn’t figure out why. I’ll have to go back and watch that again now. Apparently it’s been too long.

• Vasudera Torrent says:

I think the earth is flat. Do I get any points? Why should I believe the world is round? Because a book says so??

• Keith says:

To be pedantic, the world is a sphere. If it was round it could still be flat.

• Captain Birdseye says:

Vasudera, some people may believe the World is flat if they wish, but, it is likely to restrict their employability and intelligence. Ignore any books and use your brain and eyes. If it is flat, what is on the underside? How thick is it? What stops things falling off the other side? Why are drops of water spherical?

The Earth’s curvature is easily seen, however far one travels; objects seem to disappear over the horizon, yet, proximity returns them to view. The only logical explanation is a sphere.

• theFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

To be even more pedantic, it’s an oblate spheroid with a slight pear shape.

• Captain Birdseye says:

tFtPtM, you are of course correct, though I would prefer a banana and you would need instruments to demonstrate it. My reasoning just didn’t seem to have the same ring if I concluded: ‘The only logical explanation is an oblate spheroid with a slight pear shape’.

• Keith says:

If the earth was banana shaped it would give Ray Comfort even more ammunition for his sanctimonious drivel.

• Captain Birdseye says:

I suggest to Ray Comfort that he can shove his banana where his god clearly designed it to fit.

• Apprentice Frederic says:

tFtPtM. Cap’n, Keith, Your posts initially went completely over my head, but in the course of sorting out the relation of Comfort and bananas (not *really* comfortable???), I came upon a kind of cool commentary on Comfort’s anti-Darwin anti-evolution craziness. (Speaking of Darwin, I was pleased to see that my city has an “Avenida Charles Darwin”!!!)

• Keith says:

Thanks for posting that link Apprentice Frederic. For anyone else who is wondering what the hell I am talking about, here is a link to Comfort’s banana sketch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5ropaj_04I
          Banana Man (not the cartoon character) is not the only one who has made vapid claims based on an ignorance of human interaction with nature but he is certainly one of the most prominent.
          Regarding Comfort’s claim that Hitler was Darwin’s most famous student, one might also argue that Hitler was also one of Christianity’s most famous followers. Indeed, his claims to be doing his god’s will are quite numerous. According to Godwin’s Law, Comfort had already lost the argument, so no rebuttal is really necessary.
          (Incidentally, no-one should be quoting the wehrmacht belt buckle as proof that the nazis were Christians: that slogan is not on all belt buckles and it appeared long before the Nazi party.)

• SillyKiwiMan says:

I’m glad you explained that. I admit that I was a bit lost there. The youtube video had me in stitches. I thought it was a parody at first. Poe’s law in action!

8. Will says:

ahahah yer monty python is sik

• Keith says:

Actually, at that point in time everyone knew the earth was round ( or more correctly, spherical). I know of the song ” They all laughed at Christopher Columbus who knew the world was round”: but let’s not get into fantasies.

• Captain Birdseye says:

I agree, Will, Monty Python is brilliant.