Historically accurate nativity scene?

Published December 10th, 2010 by Bobby Henderson

Nativity

I can’t take credit for this photo…but it’s a "must see!"

-Laury

I am curious, who is the historian behind this scene? Shall we add this to the Holiday e-Card machine? I would like to get the permission of the artist of course, but I have always felt that blasphemy, like happiness, is enjoyed best when shared.

*Update* Word is that this is the work of Orngarth originally posted on reddit. I have added it to the to Holiday e-Card propaganda machine provisionally, so if you would like to send this to your friends/family/coworkers email in the form of a festive greeting there is a way to do it.

19 Responses to “Historically accurate nativity scene?”

1. tyler says:

I believe the three wisemen would have brought parmesean, garlic and oregano.

• Jess says:

I thought it was Basil? Prehaps I was mistaken

• Keith says:

Wasn’t it glue, Frankenstein and mirth?

• theFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

Basil was the name of one wiseguy. The others were Mario and Luigi.

2. steven says:

omfg you are all idiotic stupid fucking retard asshole oh look at my monster hes spaghetti, how stupid can you get dumbass

• TiltedHorizon says:

Geez, another poster showcasing their literary failures for the world to see. Let me fix this for you.

Steven says:

OMFG! You are all idiotic, stupid, fucking retarded assholes. “Oh look at my monster, he is spaghetti.” How stupid can you get, dumbasses?

Now that I have corrected your mindless rant, let me remind you, it ultimately behooves you to make an effort. You cannot talk down to us if your post clearly illustrates that you are a several grades, think kindergarten, below us. Now go to your room and think about what you did wrong young man!

• Drained and Washed Clean says:

omfg you are all idiotic stupid fucking retard asshole(s) oh look at my zombie jew sky daddy hes on a stick, how stupid can you get dumbass

I think one who actually believes in comparison to one being satirical is definitely less of a dumbass.

• Rev.Stu says:

Killing brain cells may well have been happening for years, but only the weak ones. My remaining brain cells are strong and resilient. You might not be so cavalier if you had been present for the Grater Banishing Ritual of the Ragu. Also, there seems to be a correlation between having been touched by His noodly appendage and the use of punctuation and proper grammar. Yet, we are human and when we temporarily forget the English language or let a typo pass, we, Pastafarians, are known to apologize when the mistake is brought to our attention. Though you are are not one of us, unless deep under cover –
      STEVEN – Please apologize or respond – your writing makes me feel better about being me.

3. Keith says:

Still waiting for the Dalek, the Dinosaur and the delivery van to show up.

4. Zuri says:

I’m in tears. Clever nativity scene!
    Is that real pasta in the cradle? I suggest you read “Another ChrisFSMas Roundup” where they show a nativity scene of Buddha rejoicing as baby Jesus is touched by the FSM. I love that one. It was so nice to see all the religions combined. I think I’m going to make one like that this Christmas.

5. HistoricProofofJeez says:

“I am curious, who is the historian behind this scene?”

What, you’re unacquainted with the manuscript by the historian Josephus, where the words “FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER” were added IN ALL CAPS, of course by Josephus himself?

Wake up and smell the Josephus manuscript!