Historically accurate nativity scene?

Published December 10th, 2010 by Bobby Henderson

Nativity

I can’t take credit for this photo…but it’s a "must see!"

-Laury

I am curious, who is the historian behind this scene? Shall we add this to the Holiday e-Card machine? I would like to get the permission of the artist of course, but I have always felt that blasphemy, like happiness, is enjoyed best when shared.

*Update* Word is that this is the work of Orngarth originally posted on reddit. I have added it to the to Holiday e-Card propaganda machine provisionally, so if you would like to send this to your friends/family/coworkers email in the form of a festive greeting there is a way to do it.

126 Responses to “Historically accurate nativity scene?”

1. EXCELSIOR says:

God is tyrannical. “The Lord is my shepherd” proves it. In the end all shepherds kill their sheep and eat their flesh! Do you know how many people God has killed? Look it up in the Bible without cherry-picking. Start in at the Great Flood!

• Captain Birdseye says:

…. I read in the ‘Good Book’ that bodies were waist deep, over the whole Earth, after just ONE of His psychopathic slaughters. By comparison, I would describe Vlad the Impaler as loving.

• Rasputin says:

Excellent response, Excelsior.

2. I HATE THE FSM says:

God promised to never flood the world again.

• Master Bates says:

I HATE…etc. I’m pretty certain that you are either a Poe, or, some unfortunate American kid being homeschooled by fundamentalist parents. Do you believe everything that you are told?
      About 0.5% of the Earth’s population believe in the Flood and all of them are fundamentalists. Why do you think the rest don’t accept such rubbish? The Chinese have been keeping records for five thousand years and have no record of a flood.
      I suggest you don’t aim to become a geologist or palaeontologist: no university will accept you and your life’s work will be worthless.

• The Sauceror says:

Sometimes it’s hard to distinguish between a real Poe, a faux Poe, or a moe faux.

• Captain Birdseye says:

Slaughter – jealous; slaughter – tantrum; rainbow – ‘must remember not to slaughter’; slaughter – ‘I love you’. It’s omnipsychotic.

• I HATE THE FSM says:

Stop fabricating about me. Be nice to me. You know what, I should not even think of crawling into a website where people insult me, say I should die, and create lies about me. All I said was that Jesus belongs in a manger and you attack me like a pack of animals. You’re better than this. I’ll show you that a university will accept me.

GOODBYE SATANIC WEBSITE

• I HATE THE FSM says:

What did you call me, Master Bates? Stop calling the Flood rubbish. Plus, stop crushing my dreams. I might want to be a geologist. Who taught you to be so mean?

• Master Bates says:

… I called you a Poe – try Wikipedia. The Flood is rubbish. Geologist is not a sane dream. Your arrogance is extraordinary. Who taught you to regard rejecting your hate as mean? You are perfectly qualified to be an idiot.

• Keith says:

Still waiting for you to answer my request from February 20, 2016 at 7:56 PM

I HATE THE FSM: Could you please give me your very best reason for saying that Jesus and God aren’t false. In other words, please demonstrate to me why they are true. Here is a good opportunity to convert me to your faith. Don’t try turning the tables and saying “Well, you’ve got to prove that the FSM exists.” Don’t try the old “Well, you wouldn’t believe anyway because y’all wanna sin.” Just come straight out with a first Peter 3:15.

• Rasputin says:

Maybe your god will build a Death Star instead. He didn’t promise, “I will not build a Death Star”. Maybe he’ll do that instead.

3. Saint Gnocchi says:

“I HATE” to say that I’m detecting a hint of Gayclops’ posturing here. HATE’s knickers seem to be twisted at the same angle as Gayclops’ knickers were. Hmm… Could it be? If so, HI THERE Gayclops, long time no see!

• I HATE THE FSM says:

Are you suggesting I’m CRAZY?

• SillyKiwiMan says:

Possibly, but I’m going to go with the obvious, you’re an idiot.

• I HATE THE FSM says:

Well, it seems you’re WRONG. I’m reporting this demonic website and will order it DELETED.

• SillyKiwiMan says:

Report to whom?

How are we demonic? Monstrous, perhaps (you see, it’s in the name, because we worship the Flying Spaghetti Monster)

What makes you thing you have any power to have our church website shut down? Will you pray for it? That has a really good track record, just look at all the devout amputees who’ve regrown their limbs…

• Captain Birdseye says:

HATE/Gayclops … Demons? Orders? Hate? Everyone is wrong? I bet money that you refuse to take your medication.

4. Rasputin says:

Yes, St. G! Gayclops has risen from the dead! It’s a miracle!

5. Rasputin says:

The God of the Old Testament is like Darth Vader: “Do as I say or I’ll destroy your planet. Because I love you”.

• I HATE THE FSM says:

• SillyKiwiMan says:

(why are we shouting?)

• I HATE THE FSM says:

• SillyKiwiMan says:

YES! YES! A MILLION TIMES YES!

Oh, my apologies, I thought someone just proposed to me.

6. Rasputin says:

Dear “I HATE”, you’ve come here with hate in your heart. Relax, take a breath, let’s have a discussion. We’ll be sweet if you’ll reciprocate.