Spaghetti Tacos

Published October 14th, 2010 by Bobby Henderson

spaghetti-tacos

The New York Times just ran this article about spaghetti tacos.

On an episode of the hit Nickelodeon series “iCarly,” the lead character’s eccentric older brother, Spencer, makes dinner one night. Glimpsed on screen, the dish consists of red-sauce-coated pasta stuffed into hard taco shells. What could be more unappealing?

When Julian Stuart-Burns, 8, asked his mother to make the tacos one night, she simply laughed. “I thought he was joking,” said Jennifer Burns, a Brooklyn mother of three. “But then he kept asking.”

I won’t argue against the inherit beauty of the taco.

14 Responses to “Spaghetti Tacos”

1. ADoS says:

Could it be that the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster has finally reconciled with the heathen Tacobeanians?!

See “The Pastalamentations of Father Jerome” inside “The Loose Canon”, a congregation-compiled Holy Book of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, to learn the history between these two sects: http://loose-canon.fsm-consortium.com/the-loose-canon/

2. Pan Narrans says:

Another fantastic gift from his Noodliness, Huzah!

3. Thomas says:

Woudn’t eating this be a sin in this religion?

• ADoS says:

Actually, it wouldn’t be. The Church considers the eating of pasta to be a form of communion with His Noodliness, the LORD FSM, as indicated in The Gospel of The Flying Spaghetti Monster (the Holy Book by the Prophet Bobby Henderson, as opposed to the congregation-compiled one, so it’s probably official).

4. Thomas says:

oh thanks im new i didnt know

• Danimal says:

Welcome Thomas,
      Don’t be turned off by all the thumbs down your original comment received. Often christians attempt to insult pastafarians by deriding the fact that because our god resembles spaghetti and meatballs that they will eat a plate of spaghetti and “stick it to us” or some such nonsense. We tend to bristle if we smell this attempt at a burn coming. Of course then we have a good laugh at the fact that few christians understand transubstantiation. As ADoS said we do encourage the eating of pasta because it brings us closer to the FSM and because, well, it tastes good. If you are looking to further enjoy a closer relation to our starchy lord might I suggest:
      1. Beer
      2. Strippers
      3. Rum
      4. More Beer
      5. Any combination of the above 4 options
      Again, welcome to the CotFSM, it is here for your enjoyment.
      RAmen
      Danimal
      P.S. If you didn’t gather already from exploring the site this whole thing is very tongue in cheek and no one really believes that a flying spaghetti monster created the universe or even exists for that matter. However, we keep up the pretense that we do because many of us enjoy “sticking it” to people with no sense of humor.

5. Lex says:

As a mexican pastafarian the beauty of this taco is inherently attractive to me; yet i think it should have small meatballs on it too, otherwise that’s just one step away from perfection.

6. Loyce Twisselman says:

Thanks for that. I moved away from mexico when I was really young, and I really want to rediscover my heritage. I’ve been trying out a lot of random mexican recipes, and the best I’ve found yet is this taco recipe – it totally remind me of my childhood. I dont remember much of it except for the lovely smells and delicious food on every street.

7. Foxmonster says: