20237 Views

Separation Church and State

Published October 20th, 2010 by Bobby Henderson

retard

See Christine O’Donnell confused about the separation of church and state.

37 Responses to “Separation Church and State”

1 2 3
  1. B. says:

She’ll need witchcraft to get out of that one

2. StJason says:

I agree! The Church and State should not be separated. America should get rid of all these violent, bigoted, backwards cults and embrace the True Message of Our Noodly Creator.

…And to think that I used to think that Christine O’Donnell was stupid.

3. gatortarian says:

From the linked article:

How is she wrong again?

• gatortarian says:

For some reason the quote was removed from the comment.

Here is what she said:

She interrupted to say, “The First Amendment does? … So you’re telling me that the separation of church and state, the phrase
      ‘separation of church and state,’ is in the First Amendment?”

• B. says:

Semantics.

The article also quotes someone saying that she looked genuinely surprised about hearing that the separation of church and state is in The First Amendment.

4. Ohio Pirate says:

Baaaaaaaahahahahahahahhaha!

5. Theo says:

She’d be more popular if she was hotter.
    But… she isn’t.
    Clearly the FSM (may sauce be upon him) at work who as an eye for nice strippers.
    Ramen

• ADoS says:

She looks better than Sarah Palin and Ann Coulter, at least, and the neocons seem to think they’re hot for some reason.

I think the neocons need to have low standards, because nobody looks beautiful when their only two facial expressions are “smirk” and “scowl”.

6. TECHNICALLY SPEAKING says:

OK, wise asses who think that the words “separation of church and state” are in the First Amendment. Take time to read the First Amendment. Those words ain’t there! Thomas Jefferson was the first to express the belief that the First Amendment created a “wall of separation between the church and the state.”

I am not supporting Christine O’Donnell. I’m just stating that what she said is true. Her opponent Chris Coons was too dumb to grasp the literal meaning of her question. So are many of you.

This site should NOT serve as a political forum. Opinions are like assholes: evryone has one.

• Ohio Pirate says:

Technically Speaking,

Who are you to tell everyone else what this site should be used for? Additionally, the constitution doesn’t say “black people are allowed to vote” but it gives that right through correct interpretation. See the connection? The fact that she doesn’t know how to correctly apply rights and restrictions found in the constitution, especially ones about religion, makes this topic a perfect fit for a site like this.

RAmen!

• Danimal says:

Technically Speaking,
      You are right the words “separation of church and state” do not appear in the constitution, and I am also not supporting Christine O’Donnell. When Coons quotes the establishment clause (not verbatim mind you) O’Donnell questions if that phrase is in the 1st. For someone who panders herself as a strict constitutionalist it undermines her as a candidate. After listening to the video I don’t think the question was sarcastic, I didn’t hear it in her voice. I’m going to take that to mean she doesn’t know or doesn’t care about the establishment clause. Just like I didn’t hear scorn in you calling folks wise asses so I’m going to assume it’s a compliment. Considering the context of this portion of the debate, religion in schools, I’d say this exactly fits what this site is about. Take time to read the About tab wise ass.
      Danimal
      P.S. “Those words ain’t there?” People with glass intelligence shouldn’t throw stones.

• Theo says:

“The Flying Spaghetti Monster is NOT our national Deity when we talk about god” isn’t in the constitution either.

• theFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

Agreed. Although I have strong opinions about politics, there are plenty of other blogs where we Pastafarians can pontificate about that. Let’s keep this site on the narrow path.

7. Diego says:

I saw the debate on youtube and I lolled xD

Just to correct something in the article, the audience didn’t just gasp, they chuckled.

8. 北流SEO says: