Rally sightings

Published October 30th, 2010 by Bobby Henderson

Source: Gawker

Above 2 pictures thanks to kdtwaite

Darlene’s Rally sign

Spotted at BuzzFeed’s Top 100 Rally Signs, courtesy of Pete.

Caught these two during the Jon Stewarts and Stephen Colberts Rally
for Sanity and/or Fear in DC on October 30th. Everyone kept asking “Is
that a spider?!?” however there were quite a few people (including me)
explaining what it was. Loved it!

-Jackie

Above two spotted by Traci, via Facebook FSM Group

Matt S. sent this picture of himself being Touched.

Due to delays caused by subway issues caused by the huge crowds, we were not able to rendesvous all at once. But here is an apparition of his noodliness, in the courtyard between the museums. A few people were puzzled, but far more came up to be “Touched by His Noodly Appendage”

Another shot.

The UbiFamily from the Forums, in full regalia. The sign that’s cut off reads “Is this thing on?”

Above three photos courtesy of Ubi Dubium

Washington Post mention:

“I do vote,” says Teddi Fishman, 46, the director of the Center for Academic Integrity in Clemson, S.C. “But more than entertainment or politics, I just think this is a release for everyone. We’ve had so much tension.”

This is why Fishman has come to the rally dressed as the Flying Spaghetti Monster, with plush tentacles encircling her body. “I want to be around people who believe in civil discourse, that you can disagree” respectfully, she said.

A man walked by and asked if he could take a picture. “Yes,” she said. “And would you like to touch my noodly appendage?”

Full article here.

70 Responses to “Rally sightings”

1 2 3 4
  1. Mr Cooper (all hail FSM) says:

u didnt eat him……..hes not realy pasta he just made pasta in his image

• Mr Cooper (all hail FSM) says:

oh dear noodly lord i actualy put “u”

• Gordon_UK says:

Talking chav again?

• Mr Cooper (all hail FSM) says:

you blud, ill shank you up!
          nah just kidding Gopher, if i started talking like that id have to kill myself. ive just been too lazy to type

• gordon_uk says:

LOL – so we won’t see you outside a Tesco Express drinking white lighting then?

Speaking of the word shank when I was doing jury service the defence said that the plaintive had threaten to ‘shank’ the defendant and the judge just looked blank and said ‘lamb?’

• mari nari saus says:

I called my proctologist (a devot FSM follower) a “Pokeman”. He did not know that is the Jamaican Pastafarian term for proctologist there.

2. Resistors Diode says:

The rally basing on the image is completely peaceful unlike here on my country where there are always some violence.

• CanadaBri says:

Its a spam-bot

3. Teddifish says:

The FSM was even quoted in the Washington Post :-) http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/30/AR2010103001573_3.html?sid=ST2010102500055

• cecil bothwell says:

Yes, I noticed that. We’re rapidly becoming mainstream.

• B. says:

Oh no! Anything but mainstream!

4. Theo says:

Good!

5. Fussilier says:

Great work Shipmates!

6. Oscar Mayer says:

lol… I love how “sanity” by the socialistic left’s standards is agreeing with them.

• B. says:

Congrats in completely misunderstand the point

• Vinny says:

Lol… I love how ‘socialist’ by the rabid right’s standards is anything they don’t like.

By the way, the point of the rally, as explicitly stated on the day, was not to denigrate the right OR left, or support either one; it was to point out that the loudest fringe minorities in US politics, on BOTH sides, controls far too much of the political talk, and that the moderate majority of both right and left-wingers are ignored. So please, try doing some basic research next time before attempting (and failing) to make a witty comment.

• theFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

I hate how the goose-stepping right has been so brainwashed by the oligarthy running America that they actually vote against not only the good of the country, but their own interests! Yes – outsource my job, denigrate the reputation of America by condoning torture, and drive up our national debt to reward the rich, but for the FSM’s sake, don’t allow me to have affordable health insurance!

They complain about the government being too involved in our personal lives, but campaign against pro-choice.
      They complain about the size of government, then think their conservative presidents actually did something to that end, when in actuallity all they did was outsource it, costing more and losing control over the process. Does Katrina ring a bell? Dubya and the boys stripped the agency of those who knew what they were doing and installed their cronies. Look it up.
      Wall Street meltdown? Credit default swap mess? Deregulation was NOT the answer. A man with a briefcase can steal lots more than a man with a gun.

7. Phyve says: